Alternative to Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: Alternative to Facebook
google wants to invade your privacy and know all your details just as much as facebook.

I have same opinion Dom, I don't want to divulge my personal details and I don't want them shared, bought and sold either.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
25-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Yeah, like moms said, Minecraft is first thing I thought of.

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Kitty Galore's post
25-04-2015, 11:49 PM
(25-04-2015 05:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  You have to think about it - if I used my real ID on FB and answered all their questions, they would know all about my education, my work history, where I live, who my friends are and everything about them, what I buy, where I eat, where I drive. Synch in my phone, then if I also use the computers in my car ( which synch to the phone) my phone will always know where I am.

Anyone can hack into all of this information now from several access points - FB, my phone, my car. Identity theft and home break ins are easy to pull off now, and any other crime against me.

Whatever happened to privacy and freedom? People today think nothing of publishing everything about themselves all over the place.

Big brother has arrived some time ago. There is no privacy, and now I am supposed to be forced to divulge all about me or lose my friends (I have a lot I only met and interact with on facebook. )

Some searching on google turns up that the SF drag community is all up in arms, and that this is happening to facebook users in flares, facebook makes a big push, lets things die down, makes another big push, and so on.

Like Angele said, they were able to take my money for years, so they must know that I am a real person.

I am getting more and more pissed here. Frusty

Just because they ask, doesn't mean you must tell them.

I've never filled out most of that crap on fb. I also rarely check in from anywhere.

I've got friends, lots of them that can't seem to take a shit without posting a selfie of themselves on the shitter and posting it on fb. It's annoying. About as annoying as prayer requests and platitudes...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-04-2015, 04:42 AM
Google + Evil_monster

I'm in the CBT of Landmark, you might wanna scope that out. Wink

https://www.landmarkthegame.com/founders-pack

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2015, 05:10 AM
(25-04-2015 11:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just because they ask, doesn't mean you must tell them.

Lol, yes, that is how I ended up being 100+ years old on FB - I got sick of the question being popped and just picked the oldest there was.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-04-2015, 06:51 AM
(25-04-2015 12:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, facebook tossed me out. Now they want me to send them government ID to let me back in.

I suppose they didn't like that I said I was 110 years old. Tongue They want an ID with birth date. They also don't want me to use my obviously made up username there.

I don't like putting my identity online, I want my privacy respected, and Facebook didn't ask for this when I joined. I should sue them for making me lose the cash I spent on building up games I cannot play anymore.

Anyway, I am looking for other places that are like FB. Having games to play is a plus. And they must respect privacy.

(Drums fingers.... I really miss my landscaping game. Tongue )

What? Why? Most private businesses on social media don't dump you for not having real ID. It is true FB asks you for your name in the settings, but I really don't think they care about your real name unless you are reported for advocating or committing crime or threatening suicide.

You might consider your account got hacked and a fisher is looking for your personal ID. Especially if you got an e-mail. Never take an e-mail seriously.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-04-2015, 06:55 AM
Zuckerburg isn't dumb, I think he knows while some do use their real names, what he is concerned about is the likes you click on so he can target adds to you, that is how he makes his money. He sells add space to big businesses and charges small businesses to allow the page to get more views.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-04-2015, 07:48 AM
(26-04-2015 06:55 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Zuckerburg isn't dumb, I think he knows while some do use their real names, what he is concerned about is the likes you click on so he can target adds to you, that is how he makes his money. He sells add space to big businesses and charges small businesses to allow the page to get more views.

He is interested in a lot more than that. He wants your complete demographics, they are golden for advertisers. Having everything in a nutshell about millions of people, including their identities, is just plain gold.

Besides, FB itself says they only allow real names and identities, and they do a monthly crackdown for about a year or more now. You can have a page under a made up name, but not a personal account.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-04-2015, 07:50 AM
(26-04-2015 06:51 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(25-04-2015 12:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, facebook tossed me out. Now they want me to send them government ID to let me back in.

I suppose they didn't like that I said I was 110 years old. Tongue They want an ID with birth date. They also don't want me to use my obviously made up username there.

I don't like putting my identity online, I want my privacy respected, and Facebook didn't ask for this when I joined. I should sue them for making me lose the cash I spent on building up games I cannot play anymore.

Anyway, I am looking for other places that are like FB. Having games to play is a plus. And they must respect privacy.

(Drums fingers.... I really miss my landscaping game. Tongue )

What? Why? Most private businesses on social media don't dump you for not having real ID. It is true FB asks you for your name in the settings, but I really don't think they care about your real name unless you are reported for advocating or committing crime or threatening suicide.

You might consider your account got hacked and a fisher is looking for your personal ID. Especially if you got an e-mail. Never take an e-mail seriously.

It's not an email, my account is locked, it tells me that I am not allowed to use a made up name, and it wants my real name and ID. The same happened to hundreds of people. Every month.

26-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Google+ has a real names policy as well.

I don't actually use it, but if the people I want to keep in contact with were posting there I would be happy to ditch facebook. Not because I think google will misuse my data less, but because they already have it and I'd rather one evil corporation be in that particular position than two.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.