Although there is no God, Heaven exists nonetheless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: Although there is no God, Heaven exists nonetheless.
(23-11-2017 07:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-11-2017 06:55 PM)unsapien Wrote:  I read it...

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din. I took one look at the title and the length of the OP and said "Life is too short for me to bother with this." I did not read it.

It's got some pretty funny stuff

Quote:I apply the ethics of the Golden Rule in every aspect of my day to day life with regard to everyone I meet. By doing so I am ensuring that my soul will instantaneously be reincarnated on a paradise planet at the moment of my death. As such, I know for certainty that my immortal soul shall enter Heaven.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Quote:This universe in which we exist is but one of an infinity of separate and unique individual universes [The theory is a version of the multiverse theory].

Theory.

Quote:(With regard to the concept of sin, whenever any 2 people or community of people voluntarily and mutually partake in any form of behaviour where there is no coercion or exclusivity and no other living organism is being harmed, it is therefore not a sin).

Cognitive disonance. Sin is a religious term.

Quote:Every living organism possesses an eternal soul and is the present living custodian of that soul.

Assertion with no evidence.

Quote:Free will .. free will ... free will ...

The human condition dictates that free will is limited only to making a choice between decreasing what is uncomfortable/painful, and increasing what is comfortable/pleasurable. Everything else is random and out of our control.

Quote:If this theory is a lot of pish, then I'll be none the wiser after I die. But if I do not live my life according to the Golden Rule, then I am guaranteeing that I shall never know whether Heaven exists or not. So by doing so, what have I got to lose other than my own eternal soul.

Pascal's Wager

Quote:Golden Rule

We don't need heaven. We don't need God. We don't need any rewards. We simply live our lives according to the Golden Rule for the sake of bettering the human race. We do it because it's innate, inherent, and because we simply know it's the right thing to do.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
23-11-2017, 08:58 PM
(23-11-2017 05:51 PM)imetheman Wrote:  timeless wavelength frequency of your Free Will soul

So what's that exact frequency?

What exactly is a "timeless wavelength" ? Because you can't have wavelengths without it being defined by space and time. That's a nonsensical term.

You know, just forget it, it's not my or this forum's duty to talk you out of your nutty ideas.

At least top your nutty Sundae with a cherry:

[Image: 20100302-hotfudgesundae-thumb-625xauto-76594.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-11-2017, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2017 09:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Quote:I apply the ethics of the Golden Rule in every aspect of my day to day life with regard to everyone I meet. By doing so I am ensuring that my soul will instantaneously be reincarnated on a paradise planet at the moment of my death. As such, I know for certainty that my immortal soul shall enter Heaven.

Sorry to have to inform you, the Mormons have title to all the good planets .. you'll have to make do with the crappy ones.
I also have discovered that free will is better represented by the dynamic properties of cottage cheese and jello.
I'll be presenting a long anticipated paper on this at the Winter meetings of the Fellows of S and W, (the noted Salads and Woo scholars.)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
23-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Although there is no God, Heaven exists nonetheless.
Theory?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Free will... funny
Soul... funnier
Heaven... funnier still
Founded in science... funniest Laugh out load

Facepalm

Fox News: Praying Preying on ignorance since 1996.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-11-2017, 11:15 PM
(23-11-2017 05:51 PM)imetheman Wrote:  Most sensible people in general no longer believe that Heaven [as a genuine place where our soul can exist for all eternity] actually exists.

It's all downhill from here.

Quote:They way up the objective evidence

[Image: WAY_UP_FOTOLLISTAT_portada.png]

Quote:By doing so, atheists have thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

No, no, no. Atheists barbecue babies. Try and get it right.

Quote:I have formulated a theory which states that even although there is no God, that Heaven exists nonetheless and is an actual place where our soul can go after we die.

Theories are testable. You have spewed a baseless opinion.

Quote:However because of our level of intelligence, only human beings possess the ability to ensure that their soul will enter Heaven at the moment of their death.

You are going to be *so* popular with the kids.

[Image: 1bhupn.jpg]

Quote:your soul can likewise be described as existing outwith both space and time.

And thus useless to anybody. Congratulations on disproving your own "theory" in one post.

Quote:At the moment of your death in this life, the particular wavelength frequency of your free will, will instantaneously resonate

So all I need do is measure some desirable frequencies, some undesirable frequencies, and your frequency. Then I build an interference generator and charge a mint for you to be reincarnated as something good, rather than a cockroach, intestinal parasite or Donald Trump.

Who wants to build a Faraday cage around this moron's death bed?

[Image: vo2sz.jpg]

Quote:in harmony with the particular collective consciousness of the planet which most accurately harmonises with the wavelength frequency of your own free will. This resonance will determine which particular planet you will be reincarnated on in your next life and also the quality of existence you can expect to have on that planet.

One tiny sticking point. Assuming we grant all the rest of your bilge, the observable universe is finite. Your special soul light will never escape it and never reach heaven. Your soul is trapped in a timeless instant, forever homeless, wandering the void purposelessly as the universe burns out. Congratulations on a fine definition of hell.

Quote:Every time a soul is reincarnated, all knowledge and information of the life lived previously is lost.

And thus useless twice over.

Quote:In your next life and in the infinity of physical lives you will live thereafter, you will never know that in this life, you were given the knowledge that Heaven actually exists and is/was attainable.

Sorry, thrice.

You want people to be a self-righteous jackass at you? Or did you just break your golden rule and damn yourself to reincarnation as an atheist in 14th century Spain?

[Image: nobody-expects-the-spanish-inquisition.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 9 users Like Paleophyte's post
23-11-2017, 11:19 PM
It’s painful to know a collection of words as idiotic as the OP actually exist.
[+] 4 users Like I'mFred's post
24-11-2017, 01:32 AM
dude,

stop smoking that shit, or at least gimme some of that shit. Angry

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
24-11-2017, 02:25 AM
Apparently the OP's comment was a first-draft copy that was refused twice—as a Monty Python script for "The Life of Brian", and also as a more serious narrative for Douglas Adams' "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Sadcryface

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post