Although there is no God, Heaven exists nonetheless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Although there is no God, Heaven exists nonetheless.
(24-11-2017 08:58 PM)imetheman Wrote:  I invite all intelligent discussion on this proposition on the existence of Heaven.

Weeeell now. I was betting this was a drive by.

I'll have to check this thread out in more detail.

Evil_monster

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2017, 09:38 PM
(24-11-2017 09:26 PM)imetheman Wrote:  And the conviction is based on knowledge.

If your convictions are based on knowledge, please be so kind as to get back to us after you have been properly peer-reviewed and written up in Scientific American.

I would read that.

Thanks.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-11-2017, 09:42 PM
(24-11-2017 09:32 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(24-11-2017 08:58 PM)imetheman Wrote:  I invite all intelligent discussion on this proposition on the existence of Heaven.

Weeeell now. I was betting this was a drive by.

Evil_monster

Congratulations on being the 1st person to post a response which wasn't ridicule. I was beginning to give up hope that this forum was indeed a place where I could find a thinking atheist at all.
24-11-2017, 09:43 PM
(24-11-2017 09:26 PM)imetheman Wrote:  
(24-11-2017 09:12 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Simple. Because if I want something bad for myself, I will want it for others too.

It all depends on the something you regard as being a 'bad'. If everything is mutually consensual and no other living being is suffering, then what is bad about it?

If I want other people to shoot me dead, I will have no problem shooting up others to provoke them. Do unto others....

So no, as stated the Golden Rule isn't an absolute.
24-11-2017, 09:46 PM
(24-11-2017 09:42 PM)imetheman Wrote:  
(24-11-2017 09:32 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Weeeell now. I was betting this was a drive by.

Evil_monster

Congratulations on being the 1st person to post a response which wasn't ridicule. I was beginning to give up hope that this forum was indeed a place where I could find a thinking atheist at all.

That's not fair. I was completely serious when I said you should try to get peer-reviewed.

Let the scientists ridicule you.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
24-11-2017, 09:49 PM
(24-11-2017 09:08 PM)imetheman Wrote:  Can anyone explain their objections to living their life according to the Golden Rule?

What's the equation for the Golden Rule?

No gods necessary.
[+] 1 user Likes brunumb's post
24-11-2017, 09:49 PM
(24-11-2017 09:42 PM)imetheman Wrote:  Congratulations on being the 1st person to post a response which wasn't ridicule. I was beginning to give up hope that this forum was indeed a place where I could find a thinking atheist at all.

You post in the OP

(23-11-2017 05:51 PM)imetheman Wrote:  I have formulated a theory which states that even although there is no God, that Heaven exists nonetheless and is an actual place where our soul can go after we die.

and you wonder why the ridicule? Facepalm

Seriously?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
24-11-2017, 09:55 PM
(24-11-2017 09:42 PM)imetheman Wrote:  I was beginning to give up hope that this forum was indeed a place where I could find a thinking atheist at all.

Hey! I'm a thinking atheist. I think your theory is crap.

Now, if you want to convince me otherwise, go for it. Drinking Beverage

No gods necessary.
24-11-2017, 10:08 PM
(24-11-2017 09:32 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Weeeell now. I was betting this was a drive by.

Evil_monster

Laugh out load

(23-11-2017 05:51 PM)imetheman Wrote:  At the moment of your death in this life, the particular wavelength frequency of your free will, will instantaneously resonate in harmony with the particular collective consciousness of the planet which most accurately harmonises with the wavelength frequency of your own free will.

Laugh out load

Are you a Scientologist?

Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-11-2017, 10:12 PM

Evil_monster

So troll thinks that dismissing his drivel means that forum is populated by unthinking atheists? How surprising.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.