Aluminum Ant Hill

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 04:15 PM
RE: Aluminum Ant Hill
(13-12-2013 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 12:13 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  http://digg.com/video/what-you-get-when-...n-ant-hill

*So the scientific mind says "Cool - look what aluminum can do?! Even makes art!"
*The god-lover says "Amazing what god's creatures make. Praise Noah for keeping those fire ants on board"
*The pagan says "OMG - HOW destructive!!! How can you kill those amazing creatures with such hostility and hate?? Who are Yooou to kill a creature of the earth??"

What does the atheist say?

Oh, pish-posh! That's nothing. I'll see your aluminum ant farm and raise you a concrete ant farm.

Feast your eyes on this !

LOL
Frickin Awesome!
Thanks!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2013, 05:26 PM
(13-12-2013 03:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  I want one in gold. Yes

Platinum, please. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
13-12-2013, 05:43 PM
(13-12-2013 04:15 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh, pish-posh! That's nothing. I'll see your aluminum ant farm and raise you a concrete ant farm.

Feast your eyes on this !

Your aluminum ant farm was much, much prettier than the concrete ant thing though.

PS. Love your awesome chicken quote.

LOL
Frickin Awesome!
Thanks!

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Aw man, Hughsie and I saw this last night on facebook. So cool. I'd buy art like that if I could. The entire time I was in complete awe watching it.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
13-12-2013, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2013 05:15 AM by Free Thought.)
(13-12-2013 12:13 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  http://digg.com/video/what-you-get-when-...n-ant-hill

*So the scientific mind says "Cool - look what aluminum can do?! Even makes art!"
*The god-lover says "Amazing what god's creatures make. Praise Noah for keeping those fire ants on board"
*The pagan says "OMG - HOW destructive!!! How can you kill those amazing creatures with such hostility and hate?? Who are Yooou to kill a creature of the earth??"

What does the atheist say?

"Hey, that's pretty fucking cool, I wonder what this would look like if it was aluminium casted:[Image: 800px-Termite_Magnetic_DSC03613.jpg] Time to Science, I say."
Note: those things in the picture are termite mounds, in case anybody was wondering.

"The pagan says "OMG - HOW destructive!!! How can you kill those amazing creatures with such hostility and hate?? Who are Yooou to kill a creature of the earth??"

"Chill out, they were ants; it's likely that they felt little to no pain due to having incredibly simple neurological networks which don't seem to allow for anything beyond 'do as the pheromones instruct', no reason to project empathy at creatures which cannot feel it, save it for thinking creatures, like dogs, cats whales etc."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
14-12-2013, 03:14 AM
[Image: Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg]

I should be able to purchase 18 lbs of aluminum for $14.40...or just start saving my cans now.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Actually, as cool as that looked, the scientist wonders how many people watched that video and tried it at home only to discover that molten aluminum is ferociously volatile and tends to cheerfully burst into flame and explode. With the quantity used in that video its just one small mistake and you're geography.

The Mad Scientist wonders if you can produce ants embedded in fulgurite.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
14-12-2013, 06:14 AM
wow - thanks guys Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.