Always a bloody Party Pooper...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Always a bloody Party Pooper...
http://www.examiner.com/article/san-fran...sh-mission

Just let the kid have his day you wanker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: Always a bloody Party Pooper...
Agreed. This whole thing was so much bigger than the kid or the money. It was about humanity, and what we are capable of doing right. It was about putting forth an effort to smile and feel wonderful in spite of the hatred and ugliness that usually envelopes our lives. I think it was a beautiful thing, and regardless of the money spent and where it goes if this story inspires a few more philanthropists, then it was well spent.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
17-11-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 11:36 AM by kim.)
What an asshole politician. Make-A-Wish is a private organization and depends on private funds. They sold teeshirts of the event to raise money and awareness. In affording an ill child to have a fabulous day of pretend with the entire city playing along, it boosted awareness not only to their organization but also helped to spotlight a serious childhood disease.

THAT is what individuals spent their own time and money on. As a charitable organization, Make-A-Wish is afforded government funding but only if they reach a certain level of private funding - it is grant money meted out to charitable organizations nationwide.

Sounds like that politician needs to start wondering whether his governmental office will provide him with a cardboard box or if he should bring his own from home, when he's asked to collect his personal effects.

Dick. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
17-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I just don't understand the thought process of "No one should ever have any good/nice done for them unless EVERYONE IS HAVING IT AT THE SAME TIME"
17-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I think the dude has a point.

Why? Because I feel like being contrary.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2013, 11:35 AM
I like the pretend aspect of that event... I think adults can misunderstand the insight that pretend affords a child. Kids need to be kids before they become grown ups - they need it a lot.

A leading researcher in the field of cognitive development says when children pretend they become better at reasoning and thinking about different possibilities.

That little boy looked so adorable in his little Batman suit. Blush

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-11-2013, 11:37 AM
(17-11-2013 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  I like the pretend aspect of that event... I think adults lose the insight that pretend affords a child. Kids need to be kids before they become grown ups - they need it a lot.

A leading researcher in the field of cognitive development says when children pretend they become better at reasoning and thinking about different possibilities.

Well, no wonder I turned out the way I did... I didn't go around pretending shit all that much.

(17-11-2013 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  That little boy looked so adorable in his little Batman suit. Blush

I disagree; he looked silly, in my non-expert opinion.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-11-2013, 11:38 AM
[Image: BatKid2_large_verge_medium_landscape.png]

[Image: o-BATKID-570.jpg?2]
17-11-2013, 11:56 AM
(17-11-2013 11:37 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-11-2013 11:35 AM)kim Wrote:  That little boy looked so adorable in his little Batman suit. Blush

I disagree; he looked silly, in my non-expert opinion.

That's totally cool. The Batman would stand up and defend your opinion however contrary it might be. He'd do it because he's ... The Batman. Thumbsup

The Batman has important missions to go on and after lunch will probably be needing a nap but go forth play your weird, adult, political games, knowing you are safe and protected. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Wait, was the OP about the article, or FreeThought? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco