Am I Being Childish?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: Am I Being Childish?
(03-10-2014 09:12 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Part of the reason our gang has been whittled down to just the three of us is because of how we interact with each other. Like I said, she's from a very conservative walk of life, and even though she herself is really outgoing and off-the-wall, her friends are really tight-assed. (Hence the reason we have our own groups of friends on the side) On more than one occasion, when they happen to be around, I'll say or do something humorous that offends their delicate sensibilities and I get a short reprimand on "respect." It really divided us all over time, and at the end of it, she stays because she "gets me" and my sister. Now it's a kind of unspoken agreement that nobody else belongs in the inner circle. (A rule which obviously changes with the addition of a life-partner)

I guess a lot of the worry is that this new guy might end up coming in and poisoning the group that's been standing strong for as long as we can remember. Just based on the types of people she gets involved with. I'm feeling protective of our long-standing history and don't want a newbie with a stick up his ass causing trouble when we're just trying to be us.

Of course, it's worth remembering that if he doesn't mesh with us or with her, then she'll likely get rid of him anyway. Maybe the problem would solve itself. Then again, maybe if my disapproval is made known, she'll see me as the source of the trouble and I'll be the one who gets "dumped." I'd like to think not, given our history, but...who knows.

I've still yet to meet the guy, so I invited her to bring him hiking with my sister and me later this month. I figure a mountain trail is neutral ground and his presence will feel less intrusive. She said she'd see what he's up to and get back to me.

Take him hunting, somewhere deep in the woods. Show him the spot where you will hide the body if he hurts her.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post