Am I bad person for not liking kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: Am I bad person for not liking kids?
I'll make one argument for having kids. Look at all the religious nut bags like the Duggars that have 19 kids all being raised/brainwashed to mistrust science and take the bible/koran/tora as the word of god. Atheist need to procreate in order to counter the nut bags out there. Do it for the advancement of science and mankind.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

-Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like USMCLoggy's post
27-03-2015, 09:18 AM
I love my kid. While I can't understand not liking kids I certainly don't think your bad.

I agree with people having kids too young. I'm glad I was in my 30s when I had mine. I feel I'm better equipped emotionally.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Bad? Not at all. I was dead set against kids until I met my wife. Things may change for you in time, or not. It has to be right for you. Selfish? No,the Duggars are more than compensating for your refusal to contribute to global over-population. Why do people consider it selfish anyway?

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
27-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Meh. I don't like kids and I had one. Shit, I didn't even like my own kid until she wasn't a kid anymore. I loved her like crazy, but never tried to fool myself into thinking that just because I'm a parent I should somehow start liking kids. Sure, it's different when they're your own, but missing out on having kids means NOT missing out on EVERYTHING ELSE. And if you don't like the filthy little germ factories to begin with, you ain't missing out on nuthin.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Well, that was weird...I posted...it doubled, then disappeared.

Oh well...I'll try again.

I don't like kids either, for the most part. I have three grown kids and have grandkids.

Babies make me twitchy, toddlers make me want to jump off a cliff. Brats of any age make me homicidal. I do well with kids from about 10 years old up. I am actually best with teenagers.

You certainly aren't a bad person for not liking kids. People are bad for trying to make you feel like you are. One of my pet peeves is people trying to push kids on you.

'Here, you want to hold the baby?'

Ummm...no.

Then they shove the kid in your arms anyway. How freaking rude.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-03-2015, 05:16 PM
(27-03-2015 05:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, that was weird...I posted...it doubled, then disappeared.

That was all me. I went full retard when I tried to delete the double post.

I know, I know....

STARK, YOU'RE NOT A MOD! NO TOUCHY MOD CP!!

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-03-2015, 05:19 PM
(27-03-2015 05:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 05:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, that was weird...I posted...it doubled, then disappeared.

That was all me. I went full retard when I tried to delete the double post.

I know, I know....

STARK, YOU'RE NOT A MOD! NO TOUCHY MOD CP!!

It's okay...I figured I was just getting a little more senile. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Fuck. I'm probably gunna get another warning when Moms finds out.

Ima go back to my corner now.

[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-03-2015, 05:23 PM
The trouble with kids is that they are immature. That means they can be really horrible and nasty to other kids. It seems like a lot of adults forget this. Or maybe they didn't realise how horrible they were as children. Personally I prefer dogs. All the best qualities of a kid and none of the downsides.

What really annoys me though is as a woman you say that don't want children and people tell me that I will soon change my mind. They've stopped doing that now I've hit 40 but in my mid 20's it infuriated me. Yes I started getting an inkling of a maternal instinct by my late 30's but not enough to actually want to effectively end my life by creating a new life form that would require all my attention. Yet all these people just seemed to think that they knew how I think better than myself. I still have a need to leave something behind though. But unlike other people I don't want to leave my genes behind. I want to do something for science.

The trouble is that people assume that everyone else thinks the way they do. They assume that they are the normal ones and everyone else is abnormal. Especially so with an instinct as vital to the survival of any species as the need to breed. But we're all wired up differently. We each have different experiences (my experiences being that children can make very nasty bullies) and we each have different circumstances.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
27-03-2015, 06:12 PM
I don't dislike kids, I just didn't want any of my own. And I didn't have any.

My friends all had kids, complained daily about them, then suffered "empty nest syndrome" and now are complaining that their kids never call and never visit.

I don't figure I missed out on too much, I raised a number of dogs and had no complaints at all.

When people hear that I had no kids, they all feel sooo sorry for me and they don't know what to say. Except that god had other plans for me...Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post