Am I bad person for not liking kids?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2015, 05:38 PM
RE: Am I bad person for not liking kids?
I love kids myself (would have had a legion if things had worked out different) and I can play with them for hours and be genuinely happy. Kids have never been a downside to dating for me even, some of my best relationships have been with single mothers. That said I'd never say a person was bad or even odd for not liking kids. People are all different, I hate olives for example. Tongue

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
03-04-2015, 10:38 PM
No one is bad for not liking kids. Why would they be. It's their choice to not have children and its none of my business.

But I loooooooooove children. I never quite grew up myself so I have total sympathy for children. I remember how difficult it is to be small in a grown up world and everyone expects you to know stuff but how are you supposed to know stuff when you're just a kid. I remember what it's like to have all the energy in the world but you're stuck at some dumb adult gathering and all you want to do is make faces at the potato salad and see what a hotdog tastes like if you dip it in some weird dip......and then try to feed it to the family dog.

I remember loving bugs and trees and cartoons and I'm happy when I see kids loving these same things too.

Yup. I love kids. Most of the time they say what they want to say without much thought and I like that. I like them better than many adults.

But hey, I still don't think you're a bad person for not liking kids. If everyone liked the same thing this would be a very boring world.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-04-2015, 10:56 PM
You know how when a person doesn't care for cats, the cat is immediately drawn to them? Or how dogs seem to like non-dog people...well, that's how it is for me with young kids. They are drawn to me...kids used to want to be in my kid's group when I helped chaperone class field trips. I can be really good with kids, but it exhausts me.

I really can't say I ever enjoyed those trips but my kids were happy that I went on them.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-04-2015, 11:48 AM
(02-04-2015 05:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I love kids myself (would have had a legion if things had worked out different) and I can play with them for hours and be genuinely happy. Kids have never been a downside to dating for me even, some of my best relationships have been with single mothers. That said I'd never say a person was bad or even odd for not liking kids. People are all different, I hate olives for example. Tongue

I have to ask... you mean green olives, right? Because the black ones are awesome, right? RIGHT?

Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]