No, just a phase
[Show Results]

Am I becoming a homosexual?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: Am I becoming a homosexual?
(11-11-2013 07:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  TTT...you are at an age where you are finding out who and what you are. But either way you wouldn't be 'becoming' a homosexual, you would be finding out that is what you have been all along.

If I recall, you are about 13, right? That means you are being rushed with massive amounts of hormones...lots of changes are in store for you in the next few years.

But tell me...with your religious beliefs...where does that put you if you do come to the realization that you are gay?

Narp, I'm a 16 soon-to-be 17 year old.

It doesn't matter as far as God goes, many animals are natural homosexuals and he doesn't give a shit about it.

But it's kinda freaking me out.

Ok this makes sense. You are at the age when your sexuality is starting to firm up. Sexuality is not a binary straight/gay as you know it is more of a spectrum. From the sounds of it you are moving a bit more to 1 pole (homosexuality) this is not a bad thing it is just a thing. If you are comfortable with who you are then it does not matter. You are lucky in that you are growing up in a time when being gay is not something you have to hide and total acceptance is coming around.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-11-2013, 07:55 PM
(11-11-2013 07:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:44 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Narp, I'm a 16 soon-to-be 17 year old.

It doesn't matter as far as God goes, many animals are natural homosexuals and he doesn't give a shit about it.

But it's kinda freaking me out.

Ok this makes sense. You are at the age when your sexuality is starting to firm up. Sexuality is not a binary straight/gay as you know it is more of a spectrum. From the sounds of it you are moving a bit more to 1 pole (homosexuality) this is not a bad thing it is just a thing. If you are comfortable with who you are then it does not matter. You are lucky in that you are growing up in a time when being gay is not something you have to hide and total acceptance is coming around.

But that's the thing, I don't want to say anything because they'd just be all like

"Oh yeah, he's just gay because it's a new thing and he'll end with a wife eventually."

I don't know, I don't want to try to be seen as a victim/attention seeker, but the feelings I've been having are legitimate, but what if I'm wrong...

Sadcryface
11-11-2013, 07:57 PM
(11-11-2013 07:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Have you ever dated?

Sounds like you are starting to notice what you like.

I've had little, you know, "friends", but I've been afraid to date for the most part.
11-11-2013, 07:58 PM
HORMONES MAN.

I'm 17 about to turn 18, so I can relate really well to what you're going through. With all the things going on in your body right now, it's very common and very normal. The tornado of bullshit and confusion and change and curiosity isn't unusual at all. It's expected, and it can be very scary and stressful at times.

Curiosity is all about finding out what you like and what you don't like, whether it be in terms of sexuality, or preferred pizza toppings.

Big Grin

There will be much teen angst, my friend. Don't let it freak you out too much.

Hug
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
11-11-2013, 07:59 PM
(11-11-2013 07:51 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Refer to RE: What do we know? and RE: Q&A With the Thinking Theist
Both of those threads are rather lengthy; more details would be appreciated.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
(11-11-2013 07:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  HORMONES MAN.

I'm 17 about to turn 18, so I can relate really well to what you're going through. With all the things going on in your body right now, it's very common and very normal. The tornado of bullshit and confusion and change and curiosity isn't unusual at all. It's expected, and it can be very scary and stressful at times.

Curiosity is all about finding out what you like and what you don't like, whether it be in terms of sexuality, or preferred pizza toppings.

Big Grin

There will be much teen angst, my friend. Don't let it freak you out too much.

Hug

I'm considering giving you a rep just so you have +69 rep.

Lol

I'd have to keep it secret, living in Catholic Louisiana and all (though Catholics are very tolerant as far as religious people go), but I do think I need to get out there more.
11-11-2013, 08:00 PM
(11-11-2013 07:55 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  But that's the thing, I don't want to say anything because they'd just be all like

"Oh yeah, he's just gay because it's a new thing and he'll end with a wife eventually."

I don't know, I don't want to try to be seen as a victim/attention seeker, but the feelings I've been having are legitimate, but what if I'm wrong...

Sadcryface

Don't star thinking like that. Anyone who gives you that kind of attitude about your personal sexual desires can.... How do I put this nicely..... Fuck off Laughat

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
11-11-2013, 08:01 PM
(11-11-2013 07:55 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  But that's the thing, I don't want to say anything because they'd just be all like

Sadcryface

Typically, I never hear that said about guys. Usually whenever girls come out as lesbians or bisexuals, I hear people say that often. But never when a guy turns out to be gay.

This day in time though, people may be ignorant still, but most are gradually becoming very accepting to homosexuals and bisexuality.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Like Rev said, as long as you're comfortable with who you are, that's all that really matters.
11-11-2013, 08:01 PM
(11-11-2013 07:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 07:51 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Refer to RE: What do we know? and RE: Q&A With the Thinking Theist
Both of those threads are rather lengthy; more details would be appreciated.

Tell you what; put your question on the Q&A and I'll answer it specifically. Thumbsup
11-11-2013, 08:04 PM
(11-11-2013 08:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Sadcryface

Don't star thinking like that. Anyone who gives you that kind of attitude about your personal sexual desires can.... How do I put this nicely..... Fuck off Laughat

Sometimes it's hard, but sometime's it's not.

I am, altogether, avoided at school and have few friends to call close friends, and though I am in the quest for happiness, this might just result more suffering than pleasure.