No, just a phase
[Show Results]

Am I becoming a homosexual?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 07:12 AM
RE: Am I becoming a homosexual?
(12-11-2013 04:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 03:29 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You know that's not really true right? The Chinese government owns roughly 10% of foreign issued US bonds. They do not have some kind of controlling interest. The reason for this is US bonds are a pretty good investment (at least over the last 75 years they have been) with a better than average return. The total amount of US "Debt" the Chinese own is less than 1% of the total, most of the debt is actually owed to social programs like medicare/medicaid and Social Security.

Says your government.

Angel

I&I you're an id.. wait what?

@TTT, I was about your age when I knew for sure. No point asking us if you're gay or not, only you know that.
As for if you are coming out, again there's no point in asking us. We don't know your personal situation not to mention that pretty much everyone that will give you advice on the issue is straight. When you're looking from the outside in it's easy to say "yeah you should totally come out to everyone you know all loud and proud, fuck those that hate you because of it" it's not their lives that are effected and they never have to go through that shit.
At the end of the day it's your life that's effected and so the decision is on you. Just take into account that once the cat is out of the bag there's no getting it back into the bag. And considering you're from the South in a Catholic environment you better be absolutely damn sure you know what the fuck you're doing because you might think they'd accept you now... It's fine for religious people to preach that they'd be all accepting and everything, it gives off a certain favorable "Christian" image. BUT, I find with Christians, and in particular Catholics, they'll happily talk the talk, but when it comes time to go for a little stroll shit gets ugly.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
12-11-2013, 07:29 AM
(11-11-2013 08:18 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 08:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm 18 right now and I've been aware of my bisexuality for about five years. I'm mainly attracted to women, though. My attraction to women is both sexual and passionate in its nature, my minor attraction to men, meanwhile, is entirely sexual.

I'm sure Freud would be interested in you.

Then again, he'd be interested in anyone who would be willing to talk about sex.

This kinda reaffirms my idea that there is a spectrum that everyone's on, you're not quite straight but not really that homosexual.

That's how I have always seen it - a curve.

One end is straight, one end is gay. Very few people actually are at the extreme ends there. Most fall somewhere on the curve.

I am predominantly straight, but there have been women in my life too. I call myself straight and not bi, because women are very much in the minority of who I feel attracted to.

I don't see any point in coming out unless you are embarking on a life style that will be obvious, then you might as well put your cards on the table.

Otherwise it's nobody's business what you do, especially if you are not sure what spot on the curve you occupy or who ends up being a significant other.

Easy does it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
This is the best way I've seen the scale.

[Image: ztj121.jpg]

Where the pink is your attraction to females and blue to males.

12-11-2013, 09:17 AM
(12-11-2013 09:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is the best way I've seen the scale.

This one eliminates the possibility of being purely straight or purely gay.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-11-2013, 09:19 AM
(12-11-2013 09:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  

Honestly, I can't even imagine what being 100% straight would be like. It seems impossible to me.
12-11-2013, 09:25 AM
(12-11-2013 09:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  

That's just my bad paint skills.
Think of the graph as longer and much thinner at the ends (but not 100%, think 99%).

12-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Here, this ones better.

[Image: illms6.jpg]

And just realized I forgot, but the top would read "gay, bi, str" for women.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
12-11-2013, 10:01 AM
(11-11-2013 08:54 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Raaaaa just get the hell out of the south ASAP and everything will be a thousand times better!
You too, Ferdi!

Then I needs to leave the south as well! Laugh out load

To TTT, Hug Hang in there, dude. I agree with what others have said about sexuality being a spectrum. I myself swing FAR to the heterosexual side, but even I have had the odd crush on a fellow lady.

You'll be okay. Promise. Big Grin

12-11-2013, 12:37 PM
(11-11-2013 07:16 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Is this common for young people? It's such a dramatic change that I am fearing it may be permanent.

Is this normal?

I wouldn't worry about it. You are what you are. Be honest with yourself.

That being said, if The Kinsey Reports are to be believed, a person's sexuality is likely to shift over the course of their lifetime for various reasons.
12-11-2013, 12:48 PM
(11-11-2013 07:16 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Hello, TTT here.

I was considering myself straight for a while, lately I've been "questioning"/bisexual. Now I may be facing facts that my spot on the sexual spectrum is shifting to homosexuality more and more. I still appreciate the women, of course, but less and less. It's actually starting to concern me.

Maybe it's some paraphilia I have that is making me favor men more, but the cold facts are still indicating that I'd rather sit next to a good looking guy in the movies.

Is this common for young people? It's such a dramatic change that I am fearing it may be permanent.

Is this normal?

(And yes Vosur, I hurried up this thread just for you Tongue )

Why be afraid of your self? If this is what you are, then be who you are.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.