Am I being Racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: Am I being Racist?
(13-01-2014 10:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:15 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Pumpkin you are missing the point.
YOU Said you didn't want to BE racist. I am offering a suggestion to HELP you.

jesusBlink

I already do that. I'm not as racist as my original thread sounded. My response was to your first part "as if that's a huge accomplishment against racism".

If you find yourself defending your non-racism with over explanations to how NOT racist you actually are............ then you've said or done something racist in the first place.
we're only trying to help since you stated you'd like to NOT be seen as racist.

Don't want to have your comments raked over the coals? DOn't be or sound racist to start with. An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure where racism is concerned.

Comments like "my dad goes to mexico all the time and I actually go with him"
reads like "Hey look at me - I'm not racists I even go to Mexico and so does dad"
which --- IS a racist thing to say (in a thread on racism)

Don't leave others with the impression you are racists and trying to dig yourself out of that hole. Just.............

don't BE racist to start with.

all will be well - I promise. Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
13-01-2014, 10:48 AM
(13-01-2014 10:40 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:15 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  Joking aside mate. ... and this isn't an attack, I'm merely going off what you have given us in this thread. If you are only getting on with 'Americanized' people, that's maybe the problem. The common denominator I was alluding to is YOU my friend.

Which is the point a few of us on here may be angling at Smile

Yes I realize that.
Read the post by DLJ, THAT is what I'M trying to angle at. I just couldn't really explain it so I sound way more racist than I actually am...

Don't worry mate. It's all cool! We're all getting the script now methinks Big Grin ... I bet you think twice about your wording in future when you post on forums at daft o'clock in the morning though haha Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
13-01-2014, 10:49 AM
(13-01-2014 10:37 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Sure, I haven't read the rest of the thread so I dunno what's the conversation's about for the last 6 pages.

My original thread was way more harsh than I meant it to be because I want entirely awake when writing it. So all the other pages are me trying to correct myself but being able to effectively communicate it the way I mean.

meh. I've been down this road on the forum before.
People on this forum can't discuss racism type topics to save themselves.
Their panties instantly get wadded and all you get is fingers in ears and lalalalala.
People don't like topics that make them uncomfortable, particularly white people and racism type topics.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-01-2014, 10:50 AM
(13-01-2014 10:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:37 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  My original thread was way more harsh than I meant it to be because I want entirely awake when writing it. So all the other pages are me trying to correct myself but being able to effectively communicate it the way I mean.

Their panties instantly get wadded and all you get is fingers in ears and lalalalala.
People don't like topics that make them uncomfortable, particularly white people and racism type topics.

Yep - what he said ^^^^ Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-01-2014, 10:50 AM
(13-01-2014 10:47 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I already do that. I'm not as racist as my original thread sounded. My response was to your first part "as if that's a huge accomplishment against racism".

If you find yourself defending your non-racism with over explanations to how NOT racist you actually are............ then you've said or done something racist in the first place.
we're only trying to help since you stated you'd like to NOT be seen as racist.

Don't want to have your comments raked over the coals? DOn't be or sound racist to start with. An ounce of prevention is a pound of cure where racism is concerned.

Comments like "my dad goes to mexico all the time and I actually go with him"
reads like "Hey look at me - I'm not racists I even go to Mexico and so does dad"
which --- IS a racist thing to say (in a thread on racism)

Don't leave others with the impression you are racists and trying to dig yourself out of that hole. Just.............

don't BE racist to start with.

all will be well - I promise. Thumbsup

OK I see your point there. I just would like to say that was not my intention at all. Wow, I honestly didn't even think about that. Shit...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
13-01-2014, 10:52 AM
(13-01-2014 10:48 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:40 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yes I realize that.
Read the post by DLJ, THAT is what I'M trying to angle at. I just couldn't really explain it so I sound way more racist than I actually am...

Don't worry mate. It's all cool! We're all getting the script now methinks Big Grin ... I bet you think twice about your wording in future when you post on forums at daft o'clock in the morning though haha Smile

To be honest, the last thing I remember is browsing the forums... I don't remember posting this at all. But I did have a weird dream about reliving that incident and getting pissed off...

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 10:53 AM
(13-01-2014 10:37 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  My original thread was way more harsh than I meant it to be because I want entirely awake when writing it. So all the other pages are me trying to correct myself but being able to effectively communicate it the way I mean.

Yes, I'm in the process of learning this Blink

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 10:53 AM

Lolz. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I once dreamt I'd gone to the toilet for a tinkle and instead of water in the bottom of the loo there was a numerical key pad. When I awoke the next day, it turns out I'd pissed all over my dad's phone! Hahaha ... Trust me, I wish I'd just said something controversial on a forum instead! Smile ... EVERYBODY makes mistakes hahaha

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
13-01-2014, 11:11 AM
(13-01-2014 10:57 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I once dreamt I'd gone to the toilet for a tinkle and instead of water in the bottom of the loo there was a numerical key pad. When I awoke the next day, it turns out I'd pissed all over my dad's phone! Hahaha ... Trust me, I wish I'd just said something controversial on a forum instead! Smile ... EVERYBODY makes mistakes hahaha

Laugh out load Weeping Laugh out load
That's priceless hahaha, goes to show there's always someone that has it worse...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post