Am I being Racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 11:11 AM
RE: Am I being Racist?
You're_Ryan,

Our pet Witch's solution ("Don't be racist!") is all well and dandy but it takes more than that.

My advice... travel... outside Murika!

Find out what it's like to be one who is stared at when the station announcement declares "If you see a suspicious person or package..."

Find out how you assimilate (or not) in a country where queuing is an alien concept.

(13-01-2014 10:24 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
It's bullshit and needs to change

Sooo... assimilation, then. Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 11:13 AM
(13-01-2014 11:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You're_Ryan,

Our pet Witch's solution ("Don't be racist!") is all well and dandy but it takes more than that.

Find out what it's like to be one who is stared at when the station announcement declares "If you see a suspicious person or package..."

Find out how you assimilate (or not) in a country where queuing is an alien concept.

*sigh* You mortals! Always complicating things that are damned simple.

Tongue

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-01-2014, 11:14 AM

I have. Been to Mexico, Canada, Europe, new Zealand and Australia (and the Caribbean but I'm not sure that counts). And actually I found it really amusing when group of Texans got off the plane in Europe... So stereotypically I couldn't help but laugh out loud Laugh out load

Edit: by Europe I mean Rome and Germany

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 11:18 AM

Selective assimilation.

Get rid of the arrogance and rudeness, keep the honey chicken noodles.
Get rid of the government corruption and brainwashing of the countries people, keep the big wall and language.

I'm not suggesting destroying a culture.
I'm suggesting they learn to wait their fucking turn in line.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
13-01-2014, 11:18 AM
(13-01-2014 11:14 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  

I have. Been to Mexico, Canada, Europe, new Zealand and Australia (and the Caribbean but I'm not sure that counts). And actually I found it really amusing when group of Texans got off the plane in Europe... So stereotypically I couldn't help but laugh out loud Laugh out load

Dude, you should prolly just walk away.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2014, 11:22 AM
I don't know in what capacity you've travelled so forgive me if I make an incorrect assumption but these places you've been, we're they holiday destinations? I ask because I think DLJ means you should spend some time in the real culture, not the touristy bits.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
13-01-2014, 11:23 AM
(13-01-2014 11:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 11:14 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I have. Been to Mexico, Canada, Europe, new Zealand and Australia (and the Caribbean but I'm not sure that counts). And actually I found it really amusing when group of Texans got off the plane in Europe... So stereotypically I couldn't help but laugh out loud Laugh out load

Dude, you should prolly just walk away.

I understand what he's saying. The thing is, I agree with most American stereotypes...

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 11:24 AM
(13-01-2014 10:02 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 10:00 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You misinterpret. I wrote that because some people actually think that disqualifies them.

No, I understand what you are saying exactly. That's why I'm saying I'm not trying to disqualify myself at all.

Well that's good. The defensive wording made for abit of a struggle in communication.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-01-2014, 11:25 AM
(13-01-2014 11:22 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I don't know in what capacity you've travelled so forgive me if I make an incorrect assumption but these places you've been, we're they holiday destinations? I ask because I think DLJ means you should spend some time in the real culture, not the touristy bits.

The Caribbean yes, spring break.
As for the other countries was part of the People to People program. I was a student united States ambassador.
(except Mexico and Canada, those are for fun)

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 11:25 AM
(13-01-2014 11:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

Selective assimilation.

Get rid of the arrogance and rudeness, keep the honey chicken noodles.
Get rid of the government corruption and brainwashing of the countries people, keep the big wall and language.

I'm not suggesting destroying a culture.
I'm suggesting they learn to wait their fucking turn in line.

Earlier, I was going to ask you under what criteria / using what axioms / scale of objective morality would the decisions be made, and by whom, as which cultural elements need to change and which can remain.

But I didn't.

'Cause I know you.

And I know you favour the dictatorship-model of governance.

Tongue