Am I being Racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 08:35 AM
RE: Am I being Racist?
(13-01-2014 03:36 AM)jaxx Wrote:  I know, I'm simply pointing out that you're grouping them by race instead of more logical things. For instance, they're just a rude family or young and don't understand standard buffet customs! Plus, you mentioned that all 1st and 2nd gens are that way, you must know that is a gross exaggeration.

This is based on experience, and in my experience it is not an exaggeration at all. I am not the only one who holds this view, hell, my Chinese and Vietnamese friends (who are all past the third generation) agree with me! Although, they are actually racist about it and pick on stereotype stuff too. I just point out what I see.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 08:35 AM
(13-01-2014 08:32 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 03:07 AM)jaxx Wrote:  Yes, because you grouped them as rude for their race instead of grouping them as just a bunch of human assholes.

But that's the question, it seems to me that IT'S SOCIAL ISSUE. In my experience, that is. So can it be racist, if it is true?

If you hang out with people who think or talk like this - that doesn't make it a 'social' issue. What it means is you need better friends. Only idiots in your area? Move to where folks are a bit more progressive.........

or.........

You could do a LOT more reading and educate yourself wherever you are.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-01-2014, 08:36 AM
(13-01-2014 04:02 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Oh come on. You will find asshole children like this everywhere.

Just look at how kids are raised these days to be fat little cunt princesses who believe that they are entitled to everything and believe the entire planet rotates arround their fat asses.

To an extent yes, but there's a difference. I'm not talking about honey booboo

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 08:37 AM
(13-01-2014 04:17 AM)Dee Wrote:  Race? Race is a social construct. So often people as angry as you sound---punching someone in the um what--need to look deeper inside themselves rather than at others, especially at groups of others.

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean here. If you calling me a racist assuming its my upbringing, then you're wrong. I have Chinese and Vietnamese family, same as friends.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 08:40 AM
(13-01-2014 05:07 AM)Dee Wrote:  "The problem with close-minded people is that their mouths are always open" ~Anonymous

What I find is that very angry people usually find a group of people to exercise their demons on. And the, now I feel better about myself is a false fix. Look deep inside yourself for what is eating you.

Ah ok, this makes more sense.
No, I have no demons I'm exercising on anyone. Read my last reply. This is all from personal experience, I am not being close minded. Why? Because I'm bringing this issue to light to understand if I really do have a problem. I'm trying to better understand why.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 08:41 AM
(13-01-2014 06:04 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 12:01 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  OK, so I live in Orange County, California. Today I took my mom out for breakfast at a restaurant called Souplantation (I believe it's called The Ripe Tomato in other locations, it's basically a healthy buffet) and there was some sort of Asian gathering (I would assume a family reunion but, I couldn't really tell [no pun intended]). They were the most rude, arrogant, nasty and disrespectful people I've ever met. They have no control of their young, they break restaurant utensils and just walk away like nothing happened, they spill food every where, treat the staff like maids, walk around like they are better than everyone else with their nose in the air and even cut in line! I've seriously never been so fucking pissed off and offended at the same time in my life! The worst part is, this isn't the first time! It seems every Asian I meet (that is within the first or second generation born in America [yes I can tell]) is that way! I can only get along with third or more generation Asians. I confronted one woman at the restaurant who literally walked in front of (I was in line) to take the last cinnamon roll from me and she called me a "racist American with no respect" then muttered something under her breath in Asian. You have no idea how much it took out of me to not back hand her right there. Are you kidding me??
Can anyone of oriental descent explain the "nose in the air" attitude to me? Cause it seems to be a social issue.
Other than that I feel justified for my responses and feelings towards them, but, I would like a second opinion.
Was I being racist? Or was I justified?

A little bit racist. The people you described do sound like total pricks, though. Try not to look down on all Asians because of that incident.

That's the thing, this isn't the only incident. This kind of stuff happens all the time. Just this incident was one of the worst.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Yeah, it's still considered racism.

It doesn't matter if you have family or friends of that race - if you're not of that race and are attributing things to their race as a whole, it falls under racism.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
13-01-2014, 08:48 AM
(13-01-2014 08:36 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm not talking about honey booboo

Thank the gods for that. Yes.........please refrain from talking about HoneyBooBoo

Hobo

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
13-01-2014, 09:03 AM
(13-01-2014 08:46 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Yeah, it's still considered racism.

It doesn't matter if you have family or friends of that race - if you're not of that race and are attributing things to their race as a whole, it falls under racism.

I was using that an example for my experience with the different races, not an excuse.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 09:03 AM
(13-01-2014 08:48 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 08:36 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm not talking about honey booboo

Thank the gods for that. Yes.........please refrain from talking about HoneyBooBoo

Hobo

Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon