Am I being Racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Am I being Racist?
(13-01-2014 09:20 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:15 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  OK fair enough. I totally agree I worded the whole thread badly. It did come off way more harsh than intended. But as I keep trying to say, I'm not basing anything on how people look; rather, how they act.

I didn't mention how anyone looked. I'm pointing out negative assumptions based on culture mate Smile

*don't attribute to pigmentation*
That's what was replying to. And yes, I've already realized how bad the post made me look.
I don't automatically assume everyone from China is a rude asshole, I do give them a chance. Just in my experience, doesn't normally workout. I do quite enjoy Chinese and Japanese culture actually, and as a hobbyist numismatist I have to say ancient coins from Asia are by far my favorite.
I'm not using these things as an excuse for what I said, but rather to show that I don't "hate or have prejudice" against any Asian culture. Its how the people act here, in my hometown that I have a problem with.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Bill Burr on racism..............
(in case anyone needs a laugh)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-01-2014, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 09:57 AM by DLJ.)
(13-01-2014 03:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 03:11 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Philippinos not Philippians; Philippians were a people in Eastern Macedonia.

It's Filipino actually.

(13-01-2014 09:12 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  ... The Filipines

To clarify:

The Philippines (the billions of islands that make up the country)
Filipino = male from the Philippines
Filipina = female from the Philippines (or repressed, catholic, little brown fucking machines, as I like to call them ... no offence intended Dodgy )

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-01-2014, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 09:48 AM by Chippy.)
(13-01-2014 09:15 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  OK fair enough. I totally agree I worded the whole thread badly. It did come off way more harsh than intended. But as I keep trying to say, I'm not basing anything on how people look; rather, how they act.

To be blunt you appear to be an uneducated, provincial, ugly American. A stereotype that has come to life. You know everything because you are 19 and you graduated from high school. If it was a table of repulsive rednecks like the Honey Boo Boo family you wouldn't have even posted anything. Your generalisation is as legitimate as me generalising the Honey Boo Boo family to all working class European-Americans; or specifically to all Italian-Americans from the Jersey Shore gang. All races and ethnic groups have ugly parts.

Asian-Americans are coming to form an increasingly larger proportion of the economic and academic elite of the USA and the next century belongs to China. Soon China will surpass the US militarily and economically. So you should try and educate yourself. I bet that you only know one language and that one you know poorly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2014, 09:39 AM
(13-01-2014 09:35 AM)Chippy Wrote:  

To be blunt you appear to be an uneducated, provincial, ugly American. A stereotype that has come to life. You know everything because you are 19 and you graduated from high school. If it was a table of repulsive rednecks like the Honey Boo Boo family you wouldn't have even posted anything. Your generalisation is as legitimate as me generalising the Honey Boo Boo family to all working class European-Americans; or specifically to all Italian-Americans from the Jersey Shore gang. All races and ethnic groups have ugly parts.

Asian-Americans are coming to form an increasingly larger proportion of the economic and academic elite of the USA and the next centiry belongs to China. Soon China will surpass the US militarily and economically. So you should try and educate yourself. I bet that you only know one language and that one you know poorly.

Now Chippy - he may not be ugly. I know a couple of stunningly attractive people who are dumb as dirt.
So......
yanno......

keep an open mind, dude.

Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-01-2014, 09:40 AM
(13-01-2014 09:12 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I believe he was talking about the social differences in the discussion, not how people look...

No. But you are 19 and have a high school diploma so you know everything, so I'm probably wrong.
13-01-2014, 09:40 AM
(13-01-2014 09:26 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:20 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I didn't mention how anyone looked. I'm pointing out negative assumptions based on culture mate Smile

*don't attribute to pigmentation*
That's what was replying to. And yes, I've already realized how bad the post made me look.
I don't automatically assume everyone from China is a rude asshole, I do give them a chance. Just in my experience, doesn't normally workout. I do quite enjoy Chinese and Japanese culture actually, and as a hobbyist numismatist I have to say ancient coins from Asia are by far my favorite.
I'm not using these things as an excuse for what I said, but rather to show that I don't "hate or have prejudice" against any Asian culture. Its how the people act here, in my hometown that I have a problem with.

So you 'give them a chance'. That's very magnanimous of you Big Grin and it 'doesn't work out'. ... What is the common denominator in all of these interactions? ... Just saying.
Drinking Beverage

And maybe I'm pulling your leg a bit Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
13-01-2014, 09:42 AM
(13-01-2014 09:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:35 AM)Chippy Wrote:  To be blunt you appear to be an uneducated, provincial, ugly American. A stereotype that has come to life. You know everything because you are 19 and you graduated from high school. If it was a table of repulsive rednecks like the Honey Boo Boo family you wouldn't have even posted anything. Your generalisation is as legitimate as me generalising the Honey Boo Boo family to all working class European-Americans; or specifically to all Italian-Americans from the Jersey Shore gang. All races and ethnic groups have ugly parts.

Asian-Americans are coming to form an increasingly larger proportion of the economic and academic elite of the USA and the next centiry belongs to China. Soon China will surpass the US militarily and economically. So you should try and educate yourself. I bet that you only know one language and that one you know poorly.

Now Chippy - he may not be ugly. I know a couple of stunningly attractive people who are dumb as dirt.
So......
yanno......

keep an open mind, dude.

Drinking Beverage

ugly
n adjective (uglier, ugliest)
1 unpleasant or repulsive in appearance.
2 involving or likely to involve violence or other unpleasantness: an ugly scene.

Sense 2.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
13-01-2014, 09:42 AM
(13-01-2014 09:21 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:03 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I was using that an example for my experience with the different races, not an excuse.

So?

Quote: The group that offended me was in fact Chinese. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese and Chinese. Also, part of my family is Chinese and Vietnamese.

How does what I said still not work?

I'm saying that I'm not trying to excuse what I said, rather that I have some experience with other based on my upbringing and do not have a problem with the race as a whole, only a few cultural differences.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 09:45 AM
(13-01-2014 09:35 AM)Chippy Wrote:  

OK, well I'm not claiming to know anything. I've said that what I'm saying is BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE multiple times.
As for languages, I speak English, Spanish, and an learning German (but self teaching in my spare time so it's not going very well admittedly).

Atir aissom atir imon