Am I being Racist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Am I being Racist?
(13-01-2014 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Filipina = female from the Philippines (or repressed, catholic, little brown fucking machine, as I like to call them ... no offence intended Dodgy )

[Image: 314979_10150790694315696_890695695_20705...5703_n.jpg]

Is your pantry well-stocked? (Yes, it is a real product.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chippy's post
13-01-2014, 09:47 AM
(13-01-2014 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 03:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's Filipino actually.

(13-01-2014 09:12 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  ... The Filipines

To clarify:

The Philippines (the billions of islands that make up the country)
Filipino = male from the Philippines
Filipina = female from the Philippines (or repressed, catholic, little brown fucking machine, as I like to call them ... no offence intended Dodgy )

I was fick as thuck there mate Big Grin

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
13-01-2014, 09:47 AM
(13-01-2014 09:40 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:12 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I believe he was talking about the social differences in the discussion, not how people look...

No. But you are 19 and have a high school diploma so you know everything, so I'm probably wrong.

I love that as soon as I mention my age that must be the typical know it all. When I made this post to actually try and educate myself, hence the title. Thanks for being a prick about it.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 09:48 AM
In my opinion, and experience the "oriental" cultures (especially the Japanese) are THE most "respectful" cultures there are, which automatically attracts me to them. (Even though I KNOW they can be subtly cursing me under their breath .. in a probably ironic and hilarious way). THE MOST obnoxious insensitive entitled culture is from exactly where I live..So Cal, USA. No one reads anything, no one even watches the news. The "Jay-Walking" portrayals of completely uniformed idiots here, is unfortunately, completely correct. If much of California fell off the Earth, the collective IQ of the USA would rise substantially. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
(13-01-2014 09:46 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Filipina = female from the Philippines (or repressed, catholic, little brown fucking machine, as I like to call them ... no offence intended Dodgy )

I know what I'm serving next time at the girls-night-out, though.

Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
(13-01-2014 09:46 AM)Chippy Wrote:  

Praise be.

Ramen, brother, ramen.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-01-2014, 09:51 AM
(13-01-2014 09:40 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:26 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  *don't attribute to pigmentation*
That's what was replying to. And yes, I've already realized how bad the post made me look.
I don't automatically assume everyone from China is a rude asshole, I do give them a chance. Just in my experience, doesn't normally workout. I do quite enjoy Chinese and Japanese culture actually, and as a hobbyist numismatist I have to say ancient coins from Asia are by far my favorite.
I'm not using these things as an excuse for what I said, but rather to show that I don't "hate or have prejudice" against any Asian culture. Its how the people act here, in my hometown that I have a problem with.

So you 'give them a chance'. That's very magnanimous of you Big Grin and it 'doesn't work out'. ... What is the common denominator in all of these interactions? ... Just saying.
Drinking Beverage

And maybe I'm pulling your leg a bit Smile

By give chance I mean I don't prejudge them and allow each person to make their own impressions.
By doesn't work out I mean generally I don't get along with them.
Common factor is that I don't have many good experiences with them. Although the ones I do I find are great people. But, they are generally "Americanized".
Yes I know, I'm just regretting posting this now.

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 09:52 AM
(13-01-2014 09:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In my opinion, and experience the "oriental" cultures (especially the Japanese) are THE most "respectful" cultures there are, which automatically attracts me to them. (Even though I KNOW they can be subtly cursing me under their breath .. in a probably ironic and hilarious way). THE MOST obnoxious insensitive entitled culture is from exactly where I live..So Cal, USA. No one reads anything, no one even watches the news. The "Jay-Walking" portrayals of completely uniformed idiots here, is unfortunately, completely correct. If much of California fell off the Earth, the collective IQ of the USA would rise substantially. Tongue

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
13-01-2014, 09:53 AM
(13-01-2014 09:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  In my opinion, and experience the "oriental" cultures (especially the Japanese) are THE most "respectful" cultures there are, which automatically attracts me to them. (Even though I KNOW they can be subtly cursing me under their breath .. in a probably ironic and hilarious way). THE MOST obnoxious insensitive entitled culture is from exactly where I live..So Cal, USA. No one reads anything, no one even watches the news. The "Jay-Walking" portrayals of completely uniformed idiots here, is unfortunately, completely correct. If much of California fell off the Earth, the collective IQ of the USA would rise substantially. Tongue

OK?

Atir aissom atir imon
13-01-2014, 09:53 AM
(13-01-2014 09:47 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 09:40 AM)Chippy Wrote:  No. But you are 19 and have a high school diploma so you know everything, so I'm probably wrong.

I love that as soon as I mention my age that must be the typical know it all. When I made this post to actually try and educate myself, hence the title. Thanks for being a prick about it.

Ok, so rename the thread Racial Stereotyping Can Be Fun, post some comedy clips of ironic reverse-racism and let's all go and smoke some cheese.

Thumbsup