Am I being really stupid ............

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
15-02-2012, 09:45 PM
RE: Am I being really stupid ............
(15-02-2012 09:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Actually the part of England I'm from apparently is the closest place on Earth you can get to standard, accentless English.

So let's get this straight, you're the 'fucker with the accent'!

Big Grin

And now we have an Englishman who thinks he doesn't have an accent.....

The "stupid" part of the thread title definitely suits you Tongue.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
15-02-2012, 09:47 PM
(15-02-2012 09:45 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  And now we have an Englishman who thinks he doesn't have an accent.....

The "stupid" part of the thread title defiantly suits you Tongue.

You're Scottish, if you had any sense you'd have got the conversation away from accents first chance you got Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-02-2012, 09:51 PM
If you twats would ever watch American Cinema, you'd see that we do not have accents, unless you're a redneck hillbilly like KC and germanyt. Why do you think your chicks are hot? It's certainly not for their looks so it must be the accent!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-02-2012, 09:51 PM
(15-02-2012 09:47 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You're Scottish, if you had any sense you'd have got the conversation away from accents first chance you got Big Grin.

But I know I have an accent, apparently I'm the only poster in this thread that knows that Big Grin
15-02-2012, 09:52 PM
(15-02-2012 09:51 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 09:47 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You're Scottish, if you had any sense you'd have got the conversation away from accents first chance you got Big Grin.

But I know I have an accent, apparently I'm the only poster in this thread that knows that Big Grin

At least yours is fun to mock. Hughsie's and mine just make us sound smarter. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Sorry Erxomai, I can't side with a guy claiming that American accents make you sound smarter, even if you are right about FSM_scot's being fun to mock Big Grin. Also if you think we don't have any hot girls then you haven't seen Cheryl Cole, and it's definitely not her accent that's attractive 'cos she's a Geordie.

You know, I'm beginning to think I shoulda called this thread 'Hughsie, FSM_scot and Erxomai's bitchfest 2012' Big Grin!

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
15-02-2012, 09:58 PM
You guys doont know whut yer talkin aboot. Only us Canadians are de ones witout accents eh.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
15-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Q. An Englishman, a Scotsman, an American and a Canadian are sat in a bar (or on a forum) having a debate about accents in the English language. Who is right?

A. The Englishman, because it's our fucking language!

Big Grin

Best
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
15-02-2012, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 10:05 PM by Erxomai.)
(15-02-2012 09:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Sorry Erxomai, I can't side with a guy claiming that American accents make you sound smarter, even if you are right about FSM_scot's being fun to mock Big Grin. Also if you think we don't have any hot girls then you haven't seen Cheryl Cole, and it's definitely not her accent that's attractive 'cos she's a Geordie.

You know, I'm beginning to think I shoulda called this thread 'Hughsie, FSM_scot and Erxomai's bitchfest 2012' Big Grin!

Hughsie, I do have to concede certain UK accents can make one sound smarter. Sadly, the Scots don't have that particular sort of accent. I have a crazy friend from Coventry who has gone back to school. She's always bitching about how she's scared about giving presentations and I remind her that Americans will think she's smart the second she opens her mouth, no matter what nonsense she utters.
But then again, she doesn't think anyone in England likes Monty Python. Big Grin

I don't know, I'm going to need to see Ms. Cole's birth certificate to believe she's British. Tongue

[Image: cheryl-cole6_20110531054020.jpg]
(15-02-2012 09:58 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You guys doont know whut yer talkin aboot. Only us Canadians are de ones witout accents eh.

Take off, eh? Hoser.

15-02-2012, 10:05 PM
(15-02-2012 09:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  At least yours is fun to mock. Hughsie's and mine just make us sound smarter. Tongue

Ah, but none of you have heard my accent..