Am I being weak minded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Am I being weak minded?
(13-09-2012 02:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  How shall we fuck off, mistress ? Big Grin
Her wishes are our command. Bowing
*hops the bandwagon* Bechased

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 02:40 PM
(13-09-2012 02:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  How shall we fuck off, mistress ? Big Grin
Her wishes are our command. Bowing

Nah I'm an atheist, I fuck off when and where I wanna. Anyway *you* have notably not fucked off. Mr Your-Wish-Is-My-Command Tongue
13-09-2012, 02:51 PM
(13-09-2012 02:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  So in squaring the circle, you've given a positive aspects to the approach. Should not the negative aspects of the approach also be considered?

Loss of friends
Loss of job
Loss of family & wife (I doubt Kingsy would blame his wife for keeping to her beliefs)
Loss of sense of self would change the way he would behave around his theist friends
His children would be confused and probably also have identity crisis of their own, considering their father just had a 180 in his personal beliefs
The list goes on... Confused

When trying to square the circle, one can't have it both ways.

In the unlikely event it would happen - it more likely that the negative approach is the most likely outcome. Hope for the best outcome is unrealistic - I myself have gone through it, and it took a lot of strength to accept that. It would only make the negative aspects list more lengthy and more difficult to accept and overcome.

Oh, ok... I understand if you want to return to your former belief system. I'm sure you would find many who would welcome you positively and with open arms. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-09-2012, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2012 03:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-09-2012 08:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Will it affect your election? If not, why you give a shit?

There are many things I've read on this forum which make me sad. Atheists dicking with a nihilist who wraps himself in fancy Jesus ribbons and bows ain't one of them, brother. Wink Similarly, fuckers dicking with me have no chance of making me sad or angry or anything other than being entertained. Like you, I put no faith in myself so I am incapable of being offended or even taking offense.

Gotta go find that video bemore found about getting over yourself
found it
drop yourself and you can't be fucked with or disturbed or even affected by anyone else. Fuckers are left with just futile shadow boxing. Buck up little trooper. Wink

I hate to say it, but you're right. 100%.

I need to toughen up.

I'm saying you need to loosen up, brother. Rolling with the punches is a hell of a lot less painful than taking them. ... Never let 'em leave a mark. Wink

(13-09-2012 02:27 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey, I'm not saying I want him to more firmly grasp reality, that shit's up to him.

None of us have any sorta privileged access to reality, I find KC's interpretation no more delusional than my own. ... Any interpretation will inevitably be delusional.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-09-2012, 03:01 PM
Am I being weak minded?
(13-09-2012 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 02:27 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, fuck off

How shall we fuck off, mistress ? Big Grin

You've got to hold something against her.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-09-2012, 03:22 PM
(13-09-2012 02:51 PM)kim Wrote:  Oh, ok... I understand if you want to return to your former belief system. I'm sure you would find many who would welcome you positively and with open arms. Shy
I do not want to return to my former belief system. I did, but that was when I still believed. One of the main things that turned me off, before I came to reason about religion, is that the religion I was in practices shunning. No open arms and positive welcomes until after jumping through hoops dictated by their interpretation of the bible.

And after that, well, just read on...

Open arms - accepting and support-wise? Positive welcomes - "Glad you're back" statements? I certainly didn't when my uncle was reintegrated in the Witnesses. Probably because I had no clue I had another uncle. *Who the hell is this guy living in our basement?! He's still impure in mind because he's fresh back in Jehovah's Witnesses!* I was 12 when I thought that. My parents where in their thirties when they told me to think that, right before he moved in.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
13-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Are you weak minded KC?

Perhaps your discomfort stems from something dislodging in the back of your mind, or perhaps you are becoming convinced of something here against your current beliefs, and the ridicule is helping that process along? Or your brain subconsciously trying to defend beliefs
via an emotional block of sorts?

.. hell I don't know you well enough to say stuff like that or enough about how people work either, so I'll just go off to a corner some place and ramble to myself.

see ya.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-09-2012, 04:18 PM
(13-09-2012 02:31 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  In the unlikely event it would happen - it more likely that the negative approach is the most likely outcome. Hope for the best outcome is unrealistic - I myself have gone through it, and it took a lot of strength to accept that. It would only make the negative aspects list more lengthy and more difficult to accept and overcome.

What I mean is; why is it more likely the negative approach must be the most likely outcome? As unrealistic as it might seem, you said yourself that you've gone through it and it took a lot of strength to accept it. Is it a complete toss up as to which way of life might be more positive?

It obviously took complete upheaval of your life to get here - an overthrow of mostly every concept ever presented to you about how to live. Some days you feel like shit... like you have nothing and no one to fall back on. The shedding of illusion can be quite bittersweet and it's supported by what; a scattered few "like minded" people?

If someone would have told you how shitty it might get, would you have even tried? Growth is too painful not to focus on the positive.

I feel privileged to know you - you fought to be yourself. Every scrap of who you are becomes more each day -stronger and more confident; you're amazing. Glimpsing what you've escaped, I for one am relieved and glad you are here. Smile

I can't want or hope for any less, for anyone who makes it to this forum. Shy

Yea, I know... I gotta work on my downer thing. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
13-09-2012, 04:24 PM
(13-09-2012 04:18 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I know... I gotta work on my downer thing. Dodgy

Didn't read downer to me. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-09-2012, 04:26 PM
(13-09-2012 04:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 04:18 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea, I know... I gotta work on my downer thing. Dodgy

Didn't read downer to me. Wink

Oooh Girly ... that signature is having way too much fun. Wink