Am I being weak minded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Am I being weak minded?
(13-09-2012 06:51 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
BTW, off topic a bit, but does anyone know how to contact Seth? He mentioned in a podcast about a project with the subject of Witnesses, and needing help from previous members, since he knows so little of it himself. Thanks!

You can probably contact him on his facebook. Or, maybe, ask Stark.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
14-09-2012, 03:50 PM
(13-09-2012 06:51 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I focus on the positive, but not on outcomes when it comes to past hopes in regards to family and religion. I don't apply this way of thinking to every single area of my life, nor do I think it applies to everyone. But one needs to consider all sides (or at least all they have access to and are willing to face) to make a decision that feels right for them. The positives I go through are found by divorcing myself from religious dogma, and struggling while being independent. Real-life stuff.

Exactly. I think we might be talking about the same thing. Only differently. Wink

I do often focus on positive aspects of a scenario, mostly because - "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." - carries a balanced outcome of practical truth. I am compelled to root for anyone even considering slogging through shit, even if I might be the only one around that person to do so. People are complex and most are complexly challenged... often by "real-life stuff".

On the offhand a single positive perspective might seem like a light at the end of a tunnel, there has to be at least one light, or no one would ever try to go through the tunnel. Simply put, a positive perspective might just provide an alternative that hasn't yet been considered.

People will do whatever they do and if they ask for feedback, I don't mind providing my possibly positive perspective. I'm pretty much just a drop in the bucket so... chances are my two cents will be ignored. Right? In the end, what doesn't kill them, I'm sure will make them stronger. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
14-09-2012, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2012 04:28 PM by Logica Humano.)
(14-09-2012 03:50 PM)kim Wrote:  "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger."

Unless, of course, all your skin is singed off and your heart is being run by machines.

Poonjab
14-09-2012, 04:13 PM
(14-09-2012 04:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 03:50 PM)kim Wrote:  "What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger."

Unless, of course, all your skin is singed off and your hear is being run by machines.

Huh

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Think that meant "heart"

Just visiting.

-SR
14-09-2012, 04:26 PM
What are you talking about?
Who's skin is singed off and heart is being run by machines? Undecided

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
14-09-2012, 04:29 PM
(14-09-2012 04:26 PM)kim Wrote:  What are you talking about?
Who's skin is singed off and heart is being run by machines? Undecided

It is a hypothetical situation in which your skin is singed off and your cardiovascular system is purely being operated by machinery. If the machines are unplugged, you die. But, you are still alive. Therefore, you ain't gonna be gettin' any stronger, but you ain't dead. Smartass

Poonjab
14-09-2012, 05:18 PM
(14-09-2012 03:50 PM)kim Wrote:  Exactly. I think we might be talking about the same thing. Only differently. Wink

Maybe. Wink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
14-09-2012, 07:08 PM
(14-09-2012 05:18 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 03:50 PM)kim Wrote:  Exactly. I think we might be talking about the same thing. Only differently. Wink

Maybe. Wink

Goddam I miss Deadwood. It got cancelled before it had run its natural course. I want me some of Wu's pigs. Can see how their ability to dispose of bodies could come in handy. Far more efficient than fucking cats.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.