Am I being weak minded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 12:18 PM
RE: Am I being weak minded?
(12-09-2012 12:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alright

Oh well, so it is improper...fuck off

A simple "thank you" would have sufficed. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Fuck that

And I was corrected by a theistWeeping

I'm doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
12-09-2012, 12:20 PM
(12-09-2012 12:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Oh, and it isn't "all right" it is "alright"

What? No. "Alright" is not a word.

Someone needs to alert The Who. Drinking Beverage
[Image: album-The-Who-The-Kids-Are-Alright.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-09-2012, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 01:05 PM by LadyJane.)
(12-09-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would rather people just embrace differing opinions and ways of life and just accept it... no questions asked.

This is where you have me stop. Think about this. No questions asked? That is a very slippery slope. This is what starts hate, delusions, genocides and brainwashing. Question everything. You should know that this is a basic reason why people here have the non-beliefs or beliefs that they do. Because they are tired of a world who doesn't question and puts them in danger. A more perfect world would be where everything is questioned.

Maybe people don't accept you with your beliefs because they wish you to have a better, richer life without your beliefs. And, consequently, the world. Smile It can feel like it's just you, personally, thats being persecuted because you have come to believe your beliefs 'are' you. (The whole predestined by God thing), but they're separate.

I think it's important to know that many people here, I'm including myself, respect and accept you despite your beliefs- but not including them. That line can get blurred, I suppose.

Emotions aren't weak, they're emotions. Emotions are there to interpret your world and you have to figure out what your world is telling you. Think of it as a sense, as in your 5 main senses.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
12-09-2012, 12:21 PM
(12-09-2012 12:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Fuck that

And I was corrected by a theistWeeping

I'm doomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay.

I'm a former English teacher.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
12-09-2012, 12:21 PM
(12-09-2012 12:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I keep wondering why I don't leave from all the mean things Hughsie says to me. Weeping

When have I ever said one mean thing to you?

I don't think you've ever said just one mean thing. It's usually lots of mean things. Weeping

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Dodgy Of course you are

Mine would be upset if they knew I had made this far not knowing thatSmartass

Evolve
12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
(12-09-2012 12:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I don't think you've ever said just one mean thing. It's usually lots of mean things. Weeping

Nothing but evil propaganda. It's all lies!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-09-2012, 12:23 PM
(12-09-2012 12:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Oh, and it isn't "all right" it is "alright"

What? No. "Alright" is not a word.

I love that these two grammar geeks are having a grammar war, with an English teacher stepping in. What a good day!
12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
(12-09-2012 12:20 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would rather people just embrace differing opinions and ways of life and just accept it... no questions asked.

This is where you have me stop. Think about this. No questions asked? That is a very slippery slope. This is what starts, hate, delusions, genocides and brainwashing. Question everything. You should know that this is a basic reason why people here have the non-beliefs or beliefs that they do. Because they are tired of a world who doesn't question and puts them in danger. A more perfect world would be where everything is questioned.

Maybe people don't accept you with your beliefs because they wish you to have a better, richer life without your beliefs. And, consequently, the world. Smile It can feel like it's just you, personally, thats being persecuted because you have come to believe your beliefs 'are' you. (The whole predestined by God thing), but they're separate.

I think it's important to know that many people here, I'm including myself, respect and accept you despite your beliefs- but not including them. That line can get blurred, I suppose.

Emotions aren't weak, they're emotions. Emotions are there to interpret your world and you have to figure out what your world is telling you. Think of it as a sense, as in your 5 main senses.

Yeah, I know.

Questioning is good, I get this.

What I was mostly trying to convey is that I would love a world where acceptance is supreme and everyone accepts everyone no matter what they believe. Again, impractical and impossible on many different levels. Partly because of the person/belief thing.

But, that was just a passing thought as I typed. Didn't mean for it to be analyzed.

[Image: vjp09.gif]