Am I being weak minded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2012, 12:25 PM
RE: Am I being weak minded?
I'm not a geek...I'm a nerd. Get it right.

Evolve
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
12-09-2012, 12:33 PM
These aren't the droids you're looking for
[Image: 96047.jpg]

Did it confuse you? If the answer is No its because Jedi mindtricks only work on the weak minded.

Seriously though. Like Hughsie said,the fact you are still here after all this time shows you are not weak minded. there's only so much shit anyone can take before it starts to have some affect on them. It just shows that you are human.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
12-09-2012, 12:34 PM
(12-09-2012 12:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:20 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  This is where you have me stop. Think about this. No questions asked? That is a very slippery slope. This is what starts, hate, delusions, genocides and brainwashing. Question everything. You should know that this is a basic reason why people here have the non-beliefs or beliefs that they do. Because they are tired of a world who doesn't question and puts them in danger. A more perfect world would be where everything is questioned.

Maybe people don't accept you with your beliefs because they wish you to have a better, richer life without your beliefs. And, consequently, the world. Smile It can feel like it's just you, personally, thats being persecuted because you have come to believe your beliefs 'are' you. (The whole predestined by God thing), but they're separate.

I think it's important to know that many people here, I'm including myself, respect and accept you despite your beliefs- but not including them. That line can get blurred, I suppose.

Emotions aren't weak, they're emotions. Emotions are there to interpret your world and you have to figure out what your world is telling you. Think of it as a sense, as in your 5 main senses.

Yeah, I know.

Questioning is good, I get this.

What I was mostly trying to convey is that I would love a world where acceptance is supreme and everyone accepts everyone no matter what they believe. Again, impractical and impossible on many different levels. Partly because of the person/belief thing.

But, that was just a passing thought as I typed. Didn't mean for it to be analyzed.

I didn't mean for you to feel analyzed, just couldn't pass up pointing it out and all Smile

Well, I think the question then is more, what can I do with these feelings? Because I doubt you like feeling that way and it seems you understand the why behind the way people treat you. And people have offered some good advice, like taking a step back. We all have to do that sometimes, I think.

I have not really been in your ask a theist thread recently, did something happen that triggered this especially? Might help to just know, as a source.
12-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I think that some of us - ok, me - only really rake you over the coals, when we are just so pissed that such a cool guy can't see the forest through the trees. All in all, your faith really isn't that big of a deal because you don't shove it don't shove it down anyone else's throat... as far as we know. Dodgy

As well, I think we - I - might also view you as the representative of all the delusional out there and so any venting toward you, becomes very misdirected.

I don't think I've ever extended my apology to you for blasting you a couple months back. I think at the time, I resented you just being there and presenting yourself as if you had some kind of sway over any one's situation. Also at the time, I was being inundated (in the forum and the outside world) with people trying to convince me that Atheism is a religion... and with that, I lost my shit on you.

Not only did I not address the issue with you directly when it happened, which I should have, but I also felt pretty shitty at having blown up at you in such a resentful way - that felt so strange. I've never done that Kingsy, I apologise for that.

You don't represent all the delusional... you only represent your own delusion. Pretty sure your delusion is fairly easy to handle. Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-09-2012, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 12:53 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I've always thought, somewhere, deep in there, you...at some level, understand that the beliefs are nutty, and crazy. Slowly, inexorably, one by one, the supports are being worn away. For people in your position, with your family connections, a "break" would be very traumatic, and almost "unthinkable", on a conscious level. Maybe the sadness is a recognition of that happening ? Maybe not. Some day it will happen. You wouldn't be here if there wasn't something to this.

Edit : And anyway, who says you have to be "strong minded" all the time, anyway ? You're still a kid Kingsy. You have adult responsibilities, but you're a very young man. Most people don't figure this stuff out 'till a lot later in life. Erxy had a pulpit when he was your age. Cut yourself some slack, dude.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2012, 12:35 PM
(12-09-2012 12:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm not a geek...I'm a nerd. Get it right.

Uh-oh. I stepped on geek-speak toes. Or is it nerd-speak, then? I'm confused. Guessing my assumption they're the same thing is wrong now. Sad
12-09-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Image:Geek-Nerd-D...iagram.jpg

Now you know.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
(12-09-2012 12:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Pretty sure your delusion is fairly easy to handle. Wink

If I had a choice between his delusion and suicide, I would take suicide.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
(12-09-2012 12:35 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm not a geek...I'm a nerd. Get it right.

Uh-oh. I stepped on geek-speak toes. Or is it nerd-speak, then? I'm confused. Guessing my assumption they're the same thing is wrong now. Sad

You're a dork so you wouldn't realize the nuances between geek and nerd. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
12-09-2012, 12:43 PM
(12-09-2012 12:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:35 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Uh-oh. I stepped on geek-speak toes. Or is it nerd-speak, then? I'm confused. Guessing my assumption they're the same thing is wrong now. Sad

You're a dork so you wouldn't realize the nuances between geek and nerd. Drinking Beverage

Awww, not even a dweeb? Harsh.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post