Am I being weak minded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 01:51 AM
RE: Am I being weak minded?
What is it that makes you feel down? Is it that constant ridicule, or is it something different? If you are feeling down because someone brings up a good enough argument to cause you to change your beliefs or at least your interpretation of your beliefs and you don't, that is the very definition of weak minded. If however someone is just being nasty to you for no good reason, you need to learn to shut them off. Being nasty to someone is what people do when they have no valid argument. You really just need to be the bigger person in cases like that and drop it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
13-09-2012, 08:04 AM
(12-09-2012 12:34 PM)kim Wrote:  I think that some of us - ok, me - only really rake you over the coals, when we are just so pissed that such a cool guy can't see the forest through the trees. All in all, your faith really isn't that big of a deal because you don't shove it don't shove it down anyone else's throat... as far as we know. Dodgy

As well, I think we - I - might also view you as the representative of all the delusional out there and so any venting toward you, becomes very misdirected.

I don't think I've ever extended my apology to you for blasting you a couple months back. I think at the time, I resented you just being there and presenting yourself as if you had some kind of sway over any one's situation. Also at the time, I was being inundated (in the forum and the outside world) with people trying to convince me that Atheism is a religion... and with that, I lost my shit on you.

Not only did I not address the issue with you directly when it happened, which I should have, but I also felt pretty shitty at having blown up at you in such a resentful way - that felt so strange. I've never done that Kingsy, I apologise for that.

You don't represent all the delusional... you only represent your own delusion. Pretty sure your delusion is fairly easy to handle. Wink

Thanks, Kim. And, I never held anything against you. I just figured you were having a bad day.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
13-09-2012, 08:08 AM
(12-09-2012 12:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I've always thought, somewhere, deep in there, you...at some level, understand that the beliefs are nutty, and crazy. Slowly, inexorably, one by one, the supports are being worn away. For people in your position, with your family connections, a "break" would be very traumatic, and almost "unthinkable", on a conscious level. Maybe the sadness is a recognition of that happening ? Maybe not. Some day it will happen. You wouldn't be here if there wasn't something to this.

Edit : And anyway, who says you have to be "strong minded" all the time, anyway ? You're still a kid Kingsy. You have adult responsibilities, but you're a very young man. Most people don't figure this stuff out 'till a lot later in life. Erxy had a pulpit when he was your age. Cut yourself some slack, dude.

Heh... no, I still believe my beliefs. Sometimes, I do reevaluate them, though.

And well... I just consider myself a strong person. I don't like weakness or showing weakness, so when I have weakness... I guess, that's what really makes me sad. I guess, more or less, it's my pride. Because I let someone get to me I see that as being weak; therefore, I become sad because I feel that I shouldn't show that type of weakness.

And, I'm not that young... pretty sure I'm older than you.

But, thanks Bucky Smile

13-09-2012, 08:09 AM
(12-09-2012 07:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  But anyway, am I being weak minded for letting this persecution get me down in the times of heavy ridicule? I'm still strong, I know, but I still feel weak for letting myself be sad.

Thoughts?

Will it affect your election? If not, why you give a shit?

There are many things I've read on this forum which make me sad. Atheists dicking with a nihilist who wraps himself in fancy Jesus ribbons and bows ain't one of them, brother. Wink Similarly, fuckers dicking with me have no chance of making me sad or angry or anything other than being entertained. Like you, I put no faith in myself so I am incapable of being offended or even taking offense.

Gotta go find that video bemore found about getting over yourself
found it
drop yourself and you can't be fucked with or disturbed or even affected by anyone else. Fuckers are left with just futile shadow boxing. Buck up little trooper. Wink

I hate to say it, but you're right. 100%.

I need to toughen up.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
13-09-2012, 08:10 AM
(12-09-2012 07:31 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  KC you put up with us day in and day out. A weak minded person could not do that. If the ridicule is constant, no matter what the forum, it gets old. The fact that you like harmony would make it trying, especially around here lately.

I for one, love having a theist that I can talk to without it going into the land of stupidity. You the man! Now that is all the praise I have in my little black atheist heart today, so buck up little camper Smile

Thank you Smile

Can always count on you to make me feel better.

13-09-2012, 08:12 AM
(13-09-2012 08:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:34 PM)kim Wrote:  I think that some of us - ok, me - only really rake you over the coals, when we are just so pissed that such a cool guy can't see the forest through the trees. All in all, your faith really isn't that big of a deal because you don't shove it don't shove it down anyone else's throat... as far as we know. Dodgy

As well, I think we - I - might also view you as the representative of all the delusional out there and so any venting toward you, becomes very misdirected.

I don't think I've ever extended my apology to you for blasting you a couple months back. I think at the time, I resented you just being there and presenting yourself as if you had some kind of sway over any one's situation. Also at the time, I was being inundated (in the forum and the outside world) with people trying to convince me that Atheism is a religion... and with that, I lost my shit on you.

Not only did I not address the issue with you directly when it happened, which I should have, but I also felt pretty shitty at having blown up at you in such a resentful way - that felt so strange. I've never done that Kingsy, I apologise for that.

You don't represent all the delusional... you only represent your own delusion. Pretty sure your delusion is fairly easy to handle. Wink

Thanks, Kim. And, I never held anything against you. I just figured you were having a bad day.

I'd like to hold something against Kim. Hobo

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-09-2012, 08:51 AM
(12-09-2012 07:31 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  KC you put up with us day in and day out. A weak minded person could not do that. If the ridicule is constant, no matter what the forum, it gets old. The fact that you like harmony would make it trying, especially around here lately.

I for one, love having a theist that I can talk to without it going into the land of stupidity. You the man! Now that is all the praise I have in my little black atheist heart today, so buck up little camper Smile

Debates with him always wind up with special pleading.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
13-09-2012, 09:04 AM
(13-09-2012 08:51 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Debates with him always wind up with special pleading.

Because people ask me to "prove" my faith, which I have repeatedly said I can't.

13-09-2012, 09:12 AM
(13-09-2012 09:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 08:51 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Debates with him always wind up with special pleading.

Because people ask me to "prove" my faith, which I have repeatedly said I can't.

You are on a forum with atheists. If you are going to make your ridiculous claims, you need some ridiculously good evidence.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
13-09-2012, 09:26 AM
(13-09-2012 09:12 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 09:04 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Because people ask me to "prove" my faith, which I have repeatedly said I can't.

You are on a forum with atheists. If you are going to make your ridiculous claims, you need some ridiculously good evidence.

There is no empirical evidence for faith.

I mean... that would kind of defeat the purpose of faith.