Am I being weak minded?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 01:59 PM
RE: Am I being weak minded?
(13-09-2012 01:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Outside his family... fuck them - he's the same guy. He wouldn't have to advertise his new found Atheism but even if he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lose his job and certainly wouldn't behave differently than he does now. If he did lose his job over it... no doubt he's aware he lives in the Land of Lawsuit. So, outside his family, I don't see much of a change other than he probably will be sleeping in on Sunday mornings more. Shy

Hoy Kingsy you're for the high jump now Yes Kim's gunnin' for ya Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2012, 02:01 PM
(13-09-2012 01:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Possibly. Change means change... and true, that doesn't happen without surroundings changing as well. People here have overturned their lives, picked up and moved, found new friends, new jobs, and why? Because they have found themselves standing in the middle of a reality they had no idea existed alongside their delusion. It can present complete upheaval... but I don't think that all bridges must be burnt, rather redesigned. And Kingsy does present a particularly different case.

Kingsy knows and operates well within reality - as well, he knows that his belief is entirely irrational. I think because he understands this more fully than many people and because of this, he'll fair quite well. He'd probably go into a closet for quite some time to people outside his immediately family. This way he can concentrate on his internal life and pull his marriage in parallel with his newly realized existence.

His relationship with his wife might take some doing - but hey, he bagged a hottie like her -obviously, the guy's already a scam artist. Wink Seriously, his biggest job with in the relationship will be to drag her(possibly kicking & screaming) out of the same delusion he pulled himself from. Tough job, but sometimes - that's love.

He'd probably also concentrate his efforts in the redirection of his children's education - neither has entered school, so not much to change there... just more emphasis on the explanation between what's fantasy and what's not. When do most people tell their child that there is no Santa?

Outside his family... fuck them - he's the same guy. He wouldn't have to advertise his new found Atheism but even if he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lose his job and certainly wouldn't behave differently than he does now. If he did lose his job over it... no doubt he's aware he lives in the Land of Lawsuit. So, outside his family, I don't see much of a change other than he probably will be sleeping in on Sunday mornings more. Shy
You're being way too optimistic. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
13-09-2012, 02:07 PM
(13-09-2012 02:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You're being way too optimistic. Consider

Pathetic, isn't it?
I'm going to have to work on being a downer or I'll get nowhere in life. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-09-2012, 02:20 PM
(13-09-2012 02:07 PM)kim Wrote:  Pathetic, isn't it?
Make sure to let me know when KC deconverts. Rolleyes

13-09-2012, 02:24 PM
(13-09-2012 02:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

My plan calls for KC to adopt a heraldic pose while covered in green paint while holding a minor official post in the Church of England...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-09-2012, 02:27 PM
(13-09-2012 02:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

Hey, I'm not saying I want him to more firmly grasp reality, that shit's up to him.

I'm just saying it's possible and I'm saying he would probably fair pretty well getting there.
S'all. No biggie. Now, fuck off, I'm having a coffee. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-09-2012, 02:31 PM
(13-09-2012 02:27 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, fuck off

How shall we fuck off, mistress ? Big Grin
13-09-2012, 02:31 PM
(13-09-2012 01:14 PM)kim Wrote:  Possibly. Change means change... and true, that doesn't happen without surroundings changing as well. People here have overturned their lives, picked up and moved, found new friends, new jobs, and why? Because they have found themselves standing in the middle of a reality they had no idea existed alongside their delusion. It can present complete upheaval... but I don't think that all bridges must be burnt, rather redesigned. And Kingsy does present a particularly different case.

Kingsy knows and operates well within reality - as well, he knows that his belief is entirely irrational. I think because he understands this more fully than many people and because of this, he'll fair quite well. He'd probably go into a closet for quite some time to people outside his immediately family. This way he can concentrate on his internal life and pull his marriage in parallel with his newly realized existence.

His relationship with his wife might take some doing - but hey, he bagged a hottie like her -obviously, the guy's already a scam artist. Wink Seriously, his biggest job with in the relationship will be to drag her(possibly kicking & screaming) out of the same delusion he pulled himself from. Tough job, but sometimes - that's love.

He'd probably also concentrate his efforts in the redirection of his children's education - neither has entered school, so not much to change there... just more emphasis on the explanation between what's fantasy and what's not. When do most people tell their child that there is no Santa?

Outside his family... fuck them - he's the same guy. He wouldn't have to advertise his new found Atheism but even if he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lose his job and certainly wouldn't behave differently than he does now. If he did lose his job over it... no doubt he's aware he lives in the Land of Lawsuit. So, outside his family, I don't see much of a change other than he probably will be sleeping in on Sunday mornings more. Shy

So in squaring the circle, you've given a positive aspects to the approach. Should not the negative aspects of the approach also be considered?

Loss of friends
Loss of job
Loss of family & wife (I doubt Kingsy would blame his wife for keeping to her beliefs)
Loss of sense of self would change the way he would behave around his theist friends
His children would be confused and probably also have identity crisis of their own, considering their father just had a 180 in his personal beliefs
The list goes on... Confused

When trying to square the circle, one can't have it both ways.

In the unlikely event it would happen - it more likely that the negative approach is the most likely outcome. Hope for the best outcome is unrealistic - I myself have gone through it, and it took a lot of strength to accept that. It would only make the negative aspects list more lengthy and more difficult to accept and overcome.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-09-2012, 02:33 PM
(13-09-2012 02:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-09-2012 02:27 PM)kim Wrote:  Now, fuck off

How shall we fuck off, mistress ? Big Grin
Her wishes are our command. Bowing

13-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Actually I enjoy your other threads, and have been surprised to see you join us on our theist tirades.

I don't hate you personally, but I do not like your beliefs.

Other than that you are pretty awesome.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp