I'm so happy right now it's crazy Tongue

KC = the dorkinator.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2012, 01:58 PM
RE: Am I being weak minded?
(12-09-2012 12:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  If you are letting it get to your head, and you don't like that, take a break. That is, of course, unless you like it. Not judging.

I'm here mostly for the community. Debate and theological discussion is second.

That's fine. But when you are a theist and you join an atheist forum, you'd best expect a massive amount of flack for it. I don't waltz into a Christian forum under my atheist hat and expect a balanced argument.

(12-09-2012 12:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:09 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  You got an honest answer.

I know.

Thanks.

No need to thank me.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
(12-09-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  But anyway, am I being weak minded for letting this persecution get me down in the times of heavy ridicule? I'm still strong, I know, but I still feel weak for letting myself be sad.

Hug Heart It's gonna be okay.

But it's weird that you're asking the people who are abusing you whether it's shameful to feel abused by them. You should ask someone objective.

(12-09-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Now, I've always been all right with my beliefs being persecuted, but inevitably that persecution slips into the personal realm. Jeremy starts being attacked instead of Jeremy's beliefs. I understand this because I know how hard it is to separate a person from beliefs.

I don't think we really *can* separate a person from their beliefs. What I believe is part of me...it colors my actions and affects how people judge those actions. Even without seeing actions, our beliefs change how people see us. You'd think less of me if I said the only place for a woman was in the kitchen, barefoot, suckling two babies and cooking my dinner, regardless of whether I make a woman do that. (Well, okay, some people would agree with that...but I'd totally judge them.)

I'm not necessarily sure I see what's wrong with that, other than the response often gets disproportionate.

(12-09-2012 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Pretty sure your delusion is fairly easy to handle. Wink

If I had a choice between his delusion and suicide, I would take suicide.

Chas, don't tell KC you would kill yourself if you were him right after he tells us all he feels sad. That's mean. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
12-09-2012, 03:37 PM
(12-09-2012 02:13 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 12:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I had a choice between his delusion and suicide, I would take suicide.

Chas, don't tell KC you would kill yourself if you were him right after he tells us all he feels sad. That's mean. Tongue
It's honest. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
12-09-2012, 03:45 PM
(12-09-2012 03:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 02:13 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  Chas, don't tell KC you would kill yourself if you were him right after he tells us all he feels sad. That's mean. Tongue
It's honest. Drinking Beverage

And mean.
12-09-2012, 03:46 PM
(12-09-2012 03:45 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It's honest. Drinking Beverage

And mean.

No, if he were depressed and suicidal it would be mean. He was just whining.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
(12-09-2012 03:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:45 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  And mean.

No, if he were depressed and suicidal it would be mean. He was just whining.

Point taken.
12-09-2012, 04:46 PM
(12-09-2012 03:45 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 03:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It's honest. Drinking Beverage

And mean.

It's not mean. It's terse and deadly.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
12-09-2012, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 07:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-09-2012 11:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  But anyway, am I being weak minded for letting this persecution get me down in the times of heavy ridicule? I'm still strong, I know, but I still feel weak for letting myself be sad.

Thoughts?

Will it affect your election? If not, why you give a shit?

There are many things I've read on this forum which make me sad. Atheists dicking with a nihilist who wraps himself in fancy Jesus ribbons and bows ain't one of them, brother. Wink Similarly, fuckers dicking with me have no chance of making me sad or angry or anything other than being entertained. Like you, I put no faith in myself so I am incapable of being offended or even taking offense.

Gotta go find that video bemore found about getting over yourself
found it
drop yourself and you can't be fucked with or disturbed or even affected by anyone else. Fuckers are left with just futile shadow boxing. Buck up little trooper. Wink

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-09-2012, 07:31 PM
KC you put up with us day in and day out. A weak minded person could not do that. If the ridicule is constant, no matter what the forum, it gets old. The fact that you like harmony would make it trying, especially around here lately.

I for one, love having a theist that I can talk to without it going into the land of stupidity. You the man! Now that is all the praise I have in my little black atheist heart today, so buck up little camper Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post