Am I crazy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Am I crazy
Hi everyone, I have a problem that I could not bring to my parents or anyone else I know for that matter. So I came here where everything I say is anonymous.

I have a friend who's name I will keep under wraps for obvious reasons. His home life is fine but its not whats happening to him that's the problem, it's his mother. I came by his (my friends) house one day, His mother answered the door. She seemed jumpy and seemed extremly nervous. Her eyes were bloodshot and was constantly wiping her nose as if wiping an invisible spot. I assume that she is on some sort of drug, but it doesnt seem to be affecting her or her sons life in anyway. If this is true then it doesn't bother me as long as her or those around her are not effected negatively.

I might be jumping to conclusions as I tend to do that, but even so I need a different opinion to help ease my stupid paranoid mind. But if I am right, should I say something?
Thank you and thanks for any help you can offer

I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. Your disorderly world has a deficit of things worth paying attention to. -Tj
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: Am I crazy
Ask her if she's ill. Proceed from that point.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I will try, but she seems to be avoiding me every since that day. Again my paranoia, but I also don't want to be that guy who's in everyone else's business.

I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. Your disorderly world has a deficit of things worth paying attention to. -Tj
07-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Or maybe she was crying. Women are weak to those emotions thingies.

No need to jump to conclusions.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Just be patient. If she is on drugs and they're affecting her badly it will become clear over the course of time. Once you're sure there is a problem you can decide what to do from there. But for now... unless you're sure, my advice is to hold back.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
(07-08-2012 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Just be patient. If she is on drugs and they're affecting her badly it will become clear over the course of time. Once you're sure there is a problem you can decide what to do from there. But for now... unless you're sure, my advice is to hold back.

Thank you for pointing out my stupidity with an answer that pierces my stupid sense of morality and personal paranoia. I will hold off on screaming possible bullshit, and wait to see what happens. I am amazed by my own brash stupidity sometimes

07-08-2012, 02:59 PM
It could be drugs - including prescription ones for some ailment she wouldn't be comfortable discussing with her son's friend. Or allergies. Or a virus. Or she just discovered she's pregnant. If you're not close enough to offer comfort, you don't need to know her problem.

But if it worries you, ask your friend whether everything is all right at home; give him a chance to unload, if he needs to.

By the way, concern for another person is never stupid!

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 3 users Like Peterkin's post
07-08-2012, 03:02 PM
(07-08-2012 02:58 PM)TheCynicalOptimist Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 02:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Just be patient. If she is on drugs and they're affecting her badly it will become clear over the course of time. Once you're sure there is a problem you can decide what to do from there. But for now... unless you're sure, my advice is to hold back.

Thank you for pointing out my stupidity with an answer that pierces my stupid sense of morality and personal paranoia. I will hold off on screaming possible bullshit, and wait to see what happens. I am amazed by my own brash stupidity sometimes

Offended? It was meant with sincerity. What's with the hostility? Whatever man Sleepy
07-08-2012, 03:06 PM
(07-08-2012 02:59 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  It could be drugs - including prescription ones for some ailment she wouldn't be comfortable discussing with her son's friend. Or allergies. Or a virus. Or she just discovered she's pregnant. If you're not close enough to offer comfort, you don't need to know her problem.

But if it worries you, ask your friend whether everything is all right at home; give him a chance to unload, if he needs to.

I try to stay out of things like this, as I always end up looking like a fool for worrying and for getting in others personal business. I see no signs of a bad homelife in my friend, but if there was I probably wouldn't know anyway.

07-08-2012, 03:08 PM
(07-08-2012 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 02:58 PM)TheCynicalOptimist Wrote:  Thank you for pointing out my stupidity with an answer that pierces my stupid sense of morality and personal paranoia. I will hold off on screaming possible bullshit, and wait to see what happens. I am amazed by my own brash stupidity sometimes

Offended? It was meant with sincerity. What's with the hostility? Whatever man Sleepy

Did that seem hostile? I was being serious, I was admitting my stupidity and thank you for pointing it out. Sorry if I made you think otherwise, didnt mean it like that.

[+] 1 user Likes TheCynicalOptimist's post