Am I crazy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Am I crazy
(07-08-2012 03:08 PM)TheCynicalOptimist Wrote:  Did that seem hostile? I was being serious, I was admitting my stupidity and thank you for pointing it out. Sorry if I made you think otherwise, didnt mean it like that.

Sorry. In that case don't use words like stupid to describe yourself Wink I thought by the number of times you said it it had to be sarcasm. (I'm not very good at picking up sarcasm even in spoken conversation, which has been the cause of several... amusing-in-hindsight incidents).

This is not stupidity. You're probably one of those types of people who can obsess over something like this because you want to do the right thing...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 03:30 PM
(07-08-2012 03:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 03:08 PM)TheCynicalOptimist Wrote:  Did that seem hostile? I was being serious, I was admitting my stupidity and thank you for pointing it out. Sorry if I made you think otherwise, didnt mean it like that.

Sorry. In that case don't use words like stupid to describe yourself Wink I thought by the number of times you said it it had to be sarcasm. (I'm not very good at picking up sarcasm even in spoken conversation, which has been the cause of several... amusing-in-hindsight incidents).

This is not stupidity. You're probably one of those types of people who can obsess over something like this because you want to do the right thing...

I dont like to be emotional I find it to be distracting in these situations and it causes people to do irrational things. But its also the source of life's greatest pleasures, but this is a topic for another time. Thanks again for your help, and I'll avoid the use of the word stupid in future conversations Tongue

I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. Your disorderly world has a deficit of things worth paying attention to. -Tj
[+] 1 user Likes TheCynicalOptimist's post
09-08-2012, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 05:47 AM by Filox.)
You young people and your designer drugs... And what kind of a name for a drug is Ecstasy? That, that's a hookers name!

Let the master teach you, sit down. Only cannabis gives you red eyes, other drugs don't. Only cocaine and amphetamines make your nose a bit wetter from the inside, but only in the first 5 minutes of snorting. Heroin is pretty mild to your nose, you do not feel it and mostly it is taken intravenously, not snorted. Ecstasy is a pill, it would do no such effects on her nose and eyes.

The only thing that situation could happen, as you paranoidly figured out, was if she was smoking a joint in the last 30 minutes and she snorted some pretty good amphetamines seconds before you rang the bell. If she did that, there is 0% chance she would go and open the door for you, or anyone.

Wanna know what she was doing? Cooking. Ever tried to cut the strong onions? Go in the kitchen and try it. Then look yourself in the mirror.

Big Grin

You are welcome.

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
09-08-2012, 07:17 AM
(09-08-2012 05:44 AM)Filox Wrote:  You young people and your designer drugs... And what kind of a name for a drug is Ecstasy? That, that's a hookers name!

Let the master teach you, sit down. Only cannabis gives you red eyes, other drugs don't. Only cocaine and amphetamines make your nose a bit wetter from the inside, but only in the first 5 minutes of snorting. Heroin is pretty mild to your nose, you do not feel it and mostly it is taken intravenously, not snorted. Ecstasy is a pill, it would do no such effects on her nose and eyes.

The only thing that situation could happen, as you paranoidly figured out, was if she was smoking a joint in the last 30 minutes and she snorted some pretty good amphetamines seconds before you rang the bell. If she did that, there is 0% chance she would go and open the door for you, or anyone.

Wanna know what she was doing? Cooking. Ever tried to cut the strong onions? Go in the kitchen and try it. Then look yourself in the mirror.

Big Grin

You are welcome.

Tongue

Filox, my man. This post deserves an award for insight and clarity.

But can you explain the jumpy nervousness?

I'll try,
a) the phone rang at the same time that someone was at the door
b) it was a critical point in the cooking and someone was at the door
c) whoever she was cooking for had (she thought) arrived early and she hadn't had time to get ready
d) she has repressed desires for that someone at the door

Ok, just kidding with the last one but there are any number of natural explanations (why does that argument sound familiar?).

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Why can't you discuss this with your parents?

We parents often know a lot more about what is going on in the 'hood than we tell you kids. It's best that you discuss this with your parents so they can make sure that you and your friend are safe. They'll know who else to call if they don't know what's going on already.
09-08-2012, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 10:47 PM by Filox.)
I think I can say with a decent certainty that his parent did not take a lot of different drugs, they probably know these things from newspapers, so... Also, then his parents will think bad about that family, they will always think of that woman as a potential crack-head. Not good. Parents do not need to be involved in things like this.

The best thing is to try NOT to fuck up a woman's life for no fucking reason. Imagine if he tell his parents, they make a fuss about it, the neighbourhood starts talking, the police or social services pay a visit... But the woman was slicing onions. And they all ruin her life. Shit like this NEVER goes away, whether be truth or not.

Be very very careful with this. Talk only to your friend (son of the women n question) and no one else. Until you are certain in your claims, then you can talk to whoever you deem necessary.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
10-08-2012, 01:59 AM
For me, you're not crazy.
10-08-2012, 09:17 AM
(09-08-2012 09:59 AM)Jeff Wrote:  Why can't you discuss this with your parents?

We parents often know a lot more about what is going on in the 'hood than we tell you kids. It's best that you discuss this with your parents so they can make sure that you and your friend are safe. They'll know who else to call if they don't know what's going on already.

My parents are not exactly calm people. If I told them that they would have a huge freak out and get the whole neighborhood involved, I know them too well.

I don't have Attention Deficit Disorder. Your disorderly world has a deficit of things worth paying attention to. -Tj
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
(09-08-2012 05:44 AM)Filox Wrote:  You young people and your designer drugs... And what kind of a name for a drug is Ecstasy? That, that's a hookers name!

Let the master teach you, sit down.

Big Grin

You are welcome.

Tongue

Thank you for the smart comment. I really have no knowledge of what drugs do beyond what my Health teacher and my parents have told me. I'm too damn paranoid for my own good. -_-

10-08-2012, 09:25 AM
But can you explain the jumpy nervousness?

I'll try,
a) the phone rang at the same time that someone was at the door
b) it was a critical point in the cooking and someone was at the door
c) whoever she was cooking for had (she thought) arrived early and she hadn't had time to get ready
d) she has repressed desires for that someone at the door

Ok, just kidding with the last one but there are any number of natural explanations (why does that argument sound familiar?).
[/quote]

I love the last one, though it freaks me out cause what if its true Shocking thank you for helping me out Tongue