Am I hallucinating?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: Am I hallucinating?
I love Julia!

https://www.facebook.com/julia.sweeney.9...9432908417

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
01-09-2015, 09:53 AM
You catz can think happy thoughts about pope frank. I ain't giving that fool an inch.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-09-2015, 10:06 AM
(01-09-2015 07:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So I'm lounging in the hotel bar area having had an evening of supreme sensory stimulus and the TV screen scrolls news headlines at the corner of my eye...

"POPE TELLS PRIESTS TO PARDON WOMEN WHO HAVE ABORTIONS"

First reaction... What the fuck has is got to do with these obsolete celebates as to what a woman does with her own body.

Second reaction... Wait! What? The Pope?

Huh

Just reading the thread title and considering who started it, I thought - Yeah probably
Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
01-09-2015, 10:34 AM
(01-09-2015 09:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You catz can think happy thoughts about pope frank. I ain't giving that fool an inch.

Six inches?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-09-2015, 10:36 AM
So if you kill a person that has been born you can go to regular priest and be forgiven, but if you have an abortion you have to go to an archbishop? For some reason, I had no notion of this. The nuns didn't tell me about this in preparation for my first communion.

How about a doctor that performs abortions? Does he have to go to the pope for confession?
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
(01-09-2015 10:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 09:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You catz can think happy thoughts about pope frank. I ain't giving that fool an inch.

Six inches?

Only if he gives it to him twice. Thumbsup

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
01-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Mmmmmyes, I heard it on the morning news.

One might have thought this was already a done deal, what with "forgiveness of trespasses" being a peculiarity of Jesus' teachings. I guess "talking about it" and "being it" are two different things. Dodgy

The church began destroying itself the moment it put it's dogma before it's followers. And they've done it so many times! I guess they figure they'll bounce back because they always have.

The church hierarchy has now been backed into every corner they could escape to. Rampant pedophilia and it's cover-up is consuming all the money, while drastically dwindling recruitment into the clergy is only secondary to church attendees fleeing in droves. Everything coming out of this new guy is just damage control -it is why he was hired.

It's a sure bet they do not like the changes he has been calling for. He knows it and he is forcing their hand by calling for support of his proposals from everyone under him... he is essentially setting up ground work for (slow & controlled) revolution. Yes, revolution within a world of krazy but still, revolution. It is admirable but, I know my French revolutionary history enough to not get too attached.

I hope he lives a long time... I like a good juggling act. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
01-09-2015, 10:45 AM
(01-09-2015 10:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Six inches?

I Heart this place. Weeping

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-09-2015, 11:11 AM

Me neither.

I'd like to hear someone ask him some tough questions and not accept pleasant sounding homilies as answers.

Using the abortion example, when is he going to speak out in favor of its legalization? Why do women who have abortions need to request forgiveness at all? When will the patriarchal Catholic Church stop trying to control and restrict women's reproductive choices?

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
01-09-2015, 11:31 AM
So it's time for little perestroika in church? I would not cry if pope would go in footsteps of Gorbatschow and caused collapse of the church while trying to revive it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post