Am I not my own person?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2012, 10:04 AM
RE: Am I not my own person?
(10-09-2012 09:37 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  You are your own person, but you do resemble Brooklin highly. You two are almost the same person.

I don't know how to word it, but yeah.

Do you consider this a bad thing???
Does it affect your friendship with Ferdinand and if so why???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 02:08 PM by Bucky Ball.)
You probably have a much more developed sense of self than you realize. Some young people develop an assertive personality MUCH MUCH later than others, and some only after some "bad experiences", ie (THAT is NOT "me"). Many people do not develop a full-blown sense of self until late in their 20's or 30's, (I was taught).

When I go visit my best friends in Atlanta, or my cousins in Ohio, by the time I come back, I'm talking with a drawl. Weeping

This is the early version : http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/artic...lf-concept

http://www.education.com/reference/artic...ense-self/

Tell them to go fuck themselves. You are just fine, the way you are. (Repeat 25 times per day).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I think it's normal behaviour for an extrovert.

Definition:
An extrovert is a person who is energized by being around other people (an introvert who is energized by being alone).

In other words, you are forming your values-framework through external factors / influences.

Nothing to worry about.

Go here if you want to assess yourself...
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-is-a-test

10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
(10-09-2012 10:04 AM)bemore Wrote:  Do you consider this a bad thing???
Does it affect your friendship with Ferdinand and if so why???

I mean, I love Amber.
But, I don't like Brooklin.
So the traits that she has recieved from her, urk me.
But, yeah.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I usually have no problem with someone telling me I look like a particular person or have the same traits as someone. But when I hear it on repeat, on a daily basis, to the point where it gets tiresome and causes problems like this, I kind of feel like I'm in some sort of a claustrophobic space. Like there's a wall closing in on me and I can't push those words away from me. People exasperate me. I'm very content with myself. Probably more comfortable with what I've become as a youth compared to any other time in my life. My mom basically told me that if I didn't change immediately, she'd keep me from my friends. My mom's a woman of pernicious words and nescient perspectives. I can't spit out the least of all cliches without her drowning out every thought in my mind with all of this absurdity. I'm a teenager. I'm learning, growing, changing, sprouting, hurting, enjoying and molding into an adult. Let me do my own thing.
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
(10-09-2012 06:18 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I usually have no problem with someone telling me I look like a particular person or have the same traits as someone. But when I hear it on repeat, on a daily basis, to the point where it gets tiresome and causes problems like this, I kind of feel like I'm in some sort of a claustrophobic space. Like there's a wall closing in on me and I can't push those words away from me. People exasperate me. I'm very content with myself. Probably more comfortable with what I've become as a youth compared to any other time in my life. My mom basically told me that if I didn't change immediately, she'd keep me from my friends. My mom's a woman of pernicious words and nescient perspectives. I can't spit out the least of all cliches without her drowning out every thought in my mind with all of this absurdity. I'm a teenager. I'm learning, growing, changing, sprouting, hurting, enjoying and molding into an adult. Let me do my own thing.

Geez, how old are you? Sounds to me like you are just growing and changing and your mom wants her boy back.

Happens to everyone, just that mom's reactions vary. But they all want their little boy back.

Don't worry about it, you are fine the way you are and you'll change even more soon enough. And the changing never really stops, just when you are young it's a confusing thing.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
(10-09-2012 06:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  Geez, how old are you? Sounds to me like you are just growing and changing and your mom wants her boy back.

Happens to everyone, just that mom's reactions vary. But they all want their little boy back.

I'm 16. And Dom, I'm a girl. Blush
10-09-2012, 07:25 PM
I also just wanted to thank everyone for their replies and opinions! I appreciate the variety quite a lot. <3
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
10-09-2012, 08:44 PM
(10-09-2012 06:18 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  ...People exasperate me. I'm very content with myself...

That's the key. If you can be happy with yourself, then the others can fuck right off. Tongue

Although in reality it's not as easy as that because we need to get along with the others in our social sphere. Unfortunately sometimes part of the answer has to be 'just a couple more years and I'm out of here'. It's not going to be easy, but I know that you can make it. Just try not to burn any bridges that you have with your family, because if you ever need help in the future, they may just be the ones that will stick by you and help you.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 09:23 PM
I bet if you tell your mom she has nescient perspectives she'll leave you the fuck alone. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel