Am I racist? Or just a statistician?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
16-09-2012, 05:42 PM
RE: Am I racist? Or just a statistician?
(16-09-2012 05:24 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  then you chosen to be a slave to that idea and no one can change your mind So that is you exerting Free Will ,see?

Again, if you'd watch the video I provided, you wouldn't need to ask these stupid questions.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2012, 05:42 PM
(16-09-2012 05:24 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 05:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 05:03 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  You tell your body what to do That is free will.

If I move my body, there is a predetermined purpose for it. I don't think you grasp what I am saying. Watch Sam Harris' video so you at least understand where I am coming from.

then you chosen to be a slave to that idea and no one can change your mind So that is you exerting Free Will ,see?

Look at BusyAss, trying to go all metaphysical and shit. Come here and let me give you a big ass Girly bear hug instead of kicking your ass.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-09-2012, 08:54 PM
(16-09-2012 05:42 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 05:24 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  then you chosen to be a slave to that idea and no one can change your mind So that is you exerting Free Will ,see?

Again, if you'd watch the video I provided, you wouldn't need to ask these stupid questions.
I was making rhetoric statements .

Heart cute
16-09-2012, 08:56 PM
(16-09-2012 05:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Look at Bizzysaisass, trying to go all metaphysical and shit. Come here and let me give you a big ass Girly bear hug instead of kicking your ass.

I'm ignoring you from now on.Excl

Heart cute
17-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Bizzy, you are beginning to be my favorite poster. Keep it up, your misunderstanding of things is the bestest thing ever.

Thumbsup

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
17-09-2012, 05:26 AM
(16-09-2012 08:56 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 05:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Look at Bizzysaisass, trying to go all metaphysical and shit. Come here and let me give you a big ass Girly bear hug instead of kicking your ass.

I'm ignoring you from now on.Excl

Your loss. Sad

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-09-2012, 05:58 AM
:\ We both win.

Heart cute
17-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Trolls putting people on ignore...Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-09-2012, 09:12 AM
(16-09-2012 08:54 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 05:42 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Again, if you'd watch the video I provided, you wouldn't need to ask these stupid questions.
I was making rhetoric statements .

You would not have to do so if you'd watch the video.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
17-09-2012, 10:03 AM
(15-09-2012 04:08 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Please, tell me what different types of free will are there?

View it like this:

No Free Will------------------------------------------------------------------------Free Will

Different types would be: 'free will' or anything in the middle, excluding 'no free will', is 'free will', or 'no free will' or anything in the middle, excluding 'free will', is 'no free will'.

And this is where the middle is a combination between circumstances, experiences, your consciousness, and unconscious brain, etc.

(15-09-2012 06:43 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It is a logical conclusion based on what we currently know in neurology, biology, and physics.

That probably wasn't the best comment to make. The conclusion isn't one based on neurology, biology and physics, especially, and specifically, as it relates to our current understand of those fields.

It's a philosophical question, and at the very least, it would be extremely pretentious to imply (not saying you did it intentionally) that the individuals who questioned the existence of free will, prior to the advancements in those fields, hadn't a clue about the relating, and inherent, limitations. They were doing the philosophy and disagreeing for good reasons.

Anyone who has ever touched something hot or was about to get punched in the face would, hopefully, be able to tell you that it wasn't them, consciously, that made the reactionary decision to lift their hand or move their head.

Free will is obviously limited in many regards, so anyone who would be willing to say that any limitation to conscious decision making, either by external forces and/or unconscious brain functions, would undoubtedly come to no other conclusion than free will being completely non-existent. The thing is, however, that not everyone views free will as being something that is supposed to be completely free. Some people view free will as the ability to control your consciousness and make conscious decisions. This takes into account the fact that your unconscious brain also dictates what you do, how you react to things and even how you think, but views anything that isn't completely deterministic as free will. In that view, given consciousness, one would almost undoubtedly come to the opposite conclusion.

Personally, I'd have to say that free will is about as free as black people in American, or it's about as free as the markets. Depending on where you're coming from.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post