Am I racist? Or just a statistician?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
15-11-2012, 08:05 PM
RE: Am I racist? Or just a statistician?
(15-11-2012 03:22 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  Sad It's not paranoia ,its real Men look at me as a sex object then get mad if i turn them down and i'm fat I been raped by my family and by strangers you don't know my life you don't see they face i do Sadcryface2 i rather stay locked in my house and talk to my pictures then go outside .
BYE i can't talk about this i can't .change the subject i'm trying to get help .

I ain't gonna hurt you Busy, I like you whether you can spell or not. Come here and let GirlyMan give you another bigass GirlyHug. Hug

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-11-2012, 03:54 AM
Hi All,

Relative newbie at all this so forgive me if I am off the point. Has anyone done a study to indicate whether implied preponderance for violence has any correlation with income inequality (rather than just plain poverty) within the countries where it is witnessed. I have a hypothesis that income inequality rather than just poverty drives the apathy that in turn might lead to some of the violent crime. I have no supporting evidence but it seems an elegant idea and wanted to expose it to sharper intellects than mine.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge can be given, Understanding must be earned
[+] 1 user Likes Andrew_Njonjo's post
16-11-2012, 03:37 PM
(15-11-2012 08:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 03:22 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  Sad It's not paranoia ,its real Men look at me as a sex object then get mad if i turn them down and i'm fat I been raped by my family and by strangers you don't know my life you don't see they face i do Sadcryface2 i rather stay locked in my house and talk to my pictures then go outside .
BYE i can't talk about this i can't .change the subject i'm trying to get help .

I ain't gonna hurt you Busy, I like you whether you can spell or not. Come here and let GirlyMan give you another bigass GirlyHug. Hug
Angry STOP TRYING TO HUG ME !DUDE.

Heart cute
16-11-2012, 03:55 PM
(16-11-2012 03:54 AM)Andrew_Njonjo Wrote:  Hi All,

Relative newbie at all this so forgive me if I am off the point. Has anyone done a study to indicate whether implied preponderance for violence has any correlation with income inequality (rather than just plain poverty) within the countries where it is witnessed. I have a hypothesis that income inequality rather than just poverty drives the apathy that in turn might lead to some of the violent crime. I have no supporting evidence but it seems an elegant idea and wanted to expose it to sharper intellects than mine.
Study on poverty and crime here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-11-2012, 08:22 PM
(16-11-2012 03:54 AM)Andrew_Njonjo Wrote:  Hi All,

Yeah there have been such studies.
I don't have any links on me, I'm sure google will produce some, but it compared countries like US where there was huge differences between rich and poor to countries like Japan where there is far little difference between rich and poor and somehow measured happiness (can't remember how, this was years back) and found there was a distinct relationship between happiness and wealth distribution.
Those countries where there was smaller gap between rich and poor were overall happier then those like the US where there was a huge difference.

IMO, it's because people are jealous of what they don't have. They see Mr and Mrs Smith with the fancy car and they instantly feel entitled that they should have a car like that etc..
Just spend a week reading the political sub-forum here, you'll see what I mean.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
16-11-2012, 10:00 PM
(16-11-2012 03:37 PM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 08:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I ain't gonna hurt you Busy, I like you whether you can spell or not. Come here and let GirlyMan give you another bigass GirlyHug. Hug
Angry STOP TRYING TO HUG ME !DUDE.
I hear they called him Ass Violator in prison.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
16-11-2012, 10:04 PM
(22-07-2012 12:18 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  I was thinking about titling this thread 'whats wrong with being a stereotype?' Anyway, let me explain.

I don't consider myself racist. Because I'm not.

Stereotypical? Maybe. But if you fight not being a stereotype then you fight evolution IMO. For example, does an antelope look at the lion and say, "ya he has sharp teeth and looks designed to kill me, but who am I judge? I'll pay no attention." or a rodent say 'there an owl' yada yada yada.... Blink

But one thing I am for sure, is a statistician. I know, as an evolved human being. statistically if I had my choice of

A). going down an alley with 3 black people dressed liked thugs dancing to (what looks like) rap music.

or

B). going down an alley with 3 white people dressed in suits.

Guess what, I'm going down B. But I'm white. IDK. Maybe it would be different for a black man. Or asian whatever....

Now if it was

A). 3 black people in suits. Looking to be maybe theists, perhaps some Jehovahs witnesses preaching.

or

B). 3 White people looking shitty and trashy as hell desperate for $.

Guess what, I'm going down A.

But my decision is only based off the light that bounced off of them and into my eyes and my brain deciphering the best decision for my survival
. Yes?

Now let's be honest. Statistically black people are more prone to violence. Yes? Have you ever seen 'Boys N the hood.'? The very beginning words are, 'One out of every 21 Black American males will be murdered'. Most will die at the hands of another Black male.'

Am I wrong anywhere? Let's talk about this.
Racist. All of these numbers are bullshit, just racist.

~ themanchicken
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Michelle Alexander wrote an awesome book: The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color-Blindness. Give it a good look.

By the way, there's a difference between being a racist and being racist.

~ themanchicken
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes themanchicken's post
16-11-2012, 11:33 PM
(16-11-2012 10:04 PM)themanchicken Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 12:18 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  I was thinking about titling this thread 'whats wrong with being a stereotype?' Anyway, let me explain.

I don't consider myself racist. Because I'm not.

Stereotypical? Maybe. But if you fight not being a stereotype then you fight evolution IMO. For example, does an antelope look at the lion and say, "ya he has sharp teeth and looks designed to kill me, but who am I judge? I'll pay no attention." or a rodent say 'there an owl' yada yada yada.... Blink

But one thing I am for sure, is a statistician. I know, as an evolved human being. statistically if I had my choice of

A). going down an alley with 3 black people dressed liked thugs dancing to (what looks like) rap music.

or

B). going down an alley with 3 white people dressed in suits.

Guess what, I'm going down B. But I'm white. IDK. Maybe it would be different for a black man. Or asian whatever....

Now if it was

A). 3 black people in suits. Looking to be maybe theists, perhaps some Jehovahs witnesses preaching.

or

B). 3 White people looking shitty and trashy as hell desperate for $.

Guess what, I'm going down A.

But my decision is only based off the light that bounced off of them and into my eyes and my brain deciphering the best decision for my survival
. Yes?

Now let's be honest. Statistically black people are more prone to violence. Yes? Have you ever seen 'Boys N the hood.'? The very beginning words are, 'One out of every 21 Black American males will be murdered'. Most will die at the hands of another Black male.'

Am I wrong anywhere? Let's talk about this.
Racist. All of these numbers are bullshit, just racist.

How can the numbers be BS, they're either right or wrong.
If they're right then it's fact.

Not his fault black people get locked up more in relation to their population size then white people.
You might not like it but facts are facts, doesn't mean it's BS.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
19-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I agree with Earmuffs. The underlying cause is due to poverty and not race, but that doesn't change the numbers.
It just so happens this race is poor due to past events in American history.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post