Am I racist? Or just a statistician?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
24-07-2012, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 05:26 PM by TrulyX.)
RE: Am I racist? Or just a statistician?
As far as blacks being athletic I can't say anything other than: I have seen some freakishly and naturally athletic ass black people in my life. Really can't take it beyond that. No point. No Arguments.

Quote:Race is a socially derived description - It's just made up!
We are 99.988% genetically identical and most people are by definition "multi-racial"
The stereotype is in the race label itself.
I have an 8 year old and I've banned the race labels in my home.
It must stop somewhere. Why not in your home, today?

That reminds me of that joke of the two white people talking:

white guy 1: Hey you know that one black guy who works with us?
white guy 2: Uuuuuuh, black. Sir, that's rude. Plus, I don't see color.
white guy 1: It's okay, really, I'm black.
white guy 2: You're not black.
white guy 1: ........

A lot of stereotypes are pretty much always funny, culturally rooted, and in general can be true. But then again, who doesn't like chicken and watermelon?

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
24-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Bahaha! Oh man. That joke is awesome. Sooooo awkward Tongue
24-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Anyone care to address my question? Selective breeding? Anything?

And what's up with chicken and black people? I always thought it was just a stupid stereotype, but about two weeks ago that shitty Nicky Minaj had a concert or something and she wanted to buy lunch to all her crew so the ordered ... 700 chicken wings form KFC... My first thought was: "Seriously?" Then I took a good look at her stupid face and it all became clear to me. Stupidity, retardness and the lack of basic education has nothing to do with skin colour, but it does have with discrimination of one race, so it is possible to boost the statistics of stupid and uneducated people in one race, if you push your discrimination far and long enough. Poor and simple Nicky is just a by-product of this racial discrimination that has been going on for generations. She probably never heard that there are other things to eat beside chicken.

So don't be so cruel to them, it's not their fault they never seen beef... Wait a sec, or is it? Hmmmm...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-07-2012, 09:50 AM
If not for my diet, I would have ordered either a bunch of fried chicken or pizza. Of course I am still a fat ass, but a Caucasian fat ass to be more specific.

As for your hypothesis about slave traders inadvertently selectively breeding for bigger and stronger slaves, I suppose that is possible. They would have taken the healthiest individuals and transplanted them from Africa to the US (and other areas too). I don't know much of anything about the slave trade as it relates to other countries, so I don't really have an opinion for them. I am sure someone has done research on this topic related to your hypothesis, I feel like this isn't the first time it has been suggested to me.

Evolve
25-07-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm only reviving this thread so Ghost will see it.

Ha! See what I did? Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
25-07-2012, 08:18 PM
(25-07-2012 08:14 PM)aurora Wrote:  I'm only reviving this thread so Ghost will see it.

Ha! See what I did? Sleepy

Ghost, are you out there? Send us a sign.

[Image: casper2.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
26-07-2012, 12:24 AM
(25-07-2012 08:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ghost, are you out there? Send us a sign.

A wicked and perverse generation asks for a sign, but no sign will be given you, except the sign of:
[Image: fuck_you_troll.jpeg]
27-07-2012, 01:02 AM
I can see how a lot of times when "race" is debated, a lot of people just avoid the whole topic, as they do not want to be racist. I have asked a serious question, it is a theory in my head and I am really interested in your opinions, possibly from someone who knows a bit about genetics.

Why won't anyone address this question (except Bearded)? Are you afraid you are going to sound like a racist? Because, it is very healthy to TALK about things, debates do not make you a racist, if it is a normal conversation and you should not be ashamed to talk about stuff like this.

Stop being afraid of "racism", it only makes things worse and it divides people more, making everything even more racist.

Now, anyone?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
27-07-2012, 11:31 PM
(22-07-2012 09:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Samoans are statistically overrepresented in the NFL and Dominicans in MLB. Why? It's a chance to get the fuck off the island.
Do you know what 95% MLB is? Standing(on defense) or sitting on your ass(offense).

But you do have to have good eye/hand coor. in MLB. But maybe that says something about the Dominican. IDK.

I imagine it's due to the culture there more than anything tho IDK.

(23-07-2012 12:05 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Atheist Chiefs Fan, you are scared to walk down an alley with a poor person, even when the colour of skin is flipped.

And guess what was brought to America? Slavery of poor people, who are black. And you think generations later it doesn't matter? Look how one generation can affect another. It is not equal nor fair, but it's not solely about the skin. Just happens that is the part of the bigger picture now.
Don't look at it as being more scared. Which is more likely?

I agree that it's not SOLELY about skin.

Listen, Im not racist. I have many black friends and I love them to death.

Now (and this goes for you causation people). I could go down the ally with 3 white people in suits and and get mugged. Yes?

It's possible for me to go down the ally with 3 black thug lookn people and they smile and wish me a good day.

(23-07-2012 10:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Has anyone else pointed out correlation does not equal causation yet? I read an article in Skeptic a while back that was titled "Tooth Fairy Science." It was a really great article that you should read that pertains to your assumptions.
http://www.skepdic.com/toothfairyscience.html
Thanks for the link. I will check this out.

(23-07-2012 10:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  As for black people are more athletic than white people, I chalk that up to something else too. Probably environment, poverty level, motivation, support systems, etc. I mean just look at the all-time medal counts for the Olympics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-time_Ol...edal_table
Yes those other things play a factor too. But lets be honest. black people. especially kenyans are fuckn fast.
(23-07-2012 10:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It is certainly true that genetic diversity is the highest in Africa where we all descend from, but to say that black people are more athletic is wrong.
No it's not.

It's reality. I'm not an atheist because I say. "ya, but it's just not right." I'm done with those days. Now let's accept reality and figure this shit out.

(23-07-2012 10:23 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  There may be additional factors that result in a larger proportion ending up in professional sports, but even that is skewed given the fact that there are sports where you often see other races dominating (hockey anyone?). There are other factors and my guess is that anyone of any race with good hand-eye coordination could excel in any sport.
I cant help but think of chris rocks stand up. Where he said. "As soon as you white people invent heated hockey rinks we will dominate that too."

Or something to that effect.

(23-07-2012 01:09 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The old race debate. Hobo
Like a warmed over casserole it just begins to loose it's flavor, texture and any resemblanse to the original dish.
The LEFT has it's template, the RIGHT has it's template.
They sit on both side of the road and throw ideology at each other.
Both claim victory; the truth; the moral high ground in any debate.
The truth is:
- You don't know the truth.
- You don't know what effect skin color has on opportunity.
- You can't tie minority status to outcomes without committing "fallacy of composition".
- Statistics are useless in predicting outcomes.
How did the statistics predict Oprah Winfrey, Barak Obama, Tiger Woods.
My advice is to stop using over generalized stastics and look to the individual.
Race is a socially derived description - It's just made up!
We are 99.988% genetically identical and most people are by definition "multi-racial"
The stereotype is in the race label itself.
I have an 8 year old and I've banned the race labels in my home.
It must stop somewhere. Why not in your home, today?
I disagree with this whole statistics are useless in predicting and all this 'is doesn't mean it will be the outcome.' nonsense.

Cmon man. If something happens 90% percent of the time in the past. I will most likely happen an approximate amount of time in the future. Stats can help predict outcome. As a matter of fact. Law enforcement is using this stat tool now in helping reduce crime.

(24-07-2012 01:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey Thomas, let me ask you one thing, you and the rest of the people here, I really want to hear your objective opinion, concerning the "better athletes" with black skin... I might be wrong here, but can you influence on a gene pool and have "better people" if you pick and choose only the healthiest and the strongest individuals who you then take somewhere and they live and breed there for generations, surrounded only with those "chosen", genetically good people. Because this is exactly what happened when the white people were abducting black people from Africa and bringing them to USA. This is what people do today on farms when they grow live stock and even vegetables. Selective breeding.
How come nobody had addressed this?

This is the best point made thus far.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
28-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Oh shit, I forgot to mention this.

Mississippi is the most uneducated state in the USA. (Look it up).

Mississippi has the highest black population in the USA. (Look it up).

Oh, and guess what Mississippi is the most religious. (Look it up).

But I don't think these poor souls are religious because they are black. I think they are religious because they are uneducated.

It's just like these fuckin KKK and white supremacists nutjobs. They are all about god this and god that and he is on our side and this and that and white power and heavy metal out in the woods and god this blah blah blah. But do you have any idea on how uneducated these people are? You know what, come to think of it. These nutjobs are mostly down in the Mississippi Louisiana area too aren't they?

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.