Am I racist? Or just a statistician?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
29-07-2012, 08:11 AM
RE: Am I racist? Or just a statistician?
I have never known an admitted white supremacist. Been in Louisiana most of my life.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2012, 08:44 AM
It's 1963 all over again! It makes me sick. You need to look deeply at yourself. I couldn't read all the racist SHIT on here. I was glad not to see you didn't start picking on Hispanics too. I wonder at what skin tone you become undesirable? What is a persons value if they don't fit your mold. what about the east Indian skin type. Some of them can be real dark. How about the Middle Eastern people? Just what are you calling Black??? Is it anyone who is not lily white? You make me want to vomit.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
30-07-2012, 02:22 AM
(29-07-2012 08:44 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  It's 1963 all over again! It makes me sick. You need to look deeply at yourself. I couldn't read all the racist SHIT on here. I was glad not to see you didn't start picking on Hispanics too. I wonder at what skin tone you become undesirable? What is a persons value if they don't fit your mold. what about the east Indian skin type. Some of them can be real dark. How about the Middle Eastern people? Just what are you calling Black??? Is it anyone who is not lily white? You make me want to vomit.

Mind if I ask who are you speaking to and why? Is it because some of us said "black people" instead of "African-American"? I find the expression "African-American" to be highly racist and hypocritical, and I will never use it, that is the most wrong expression for anything.

Did you maybe go crazy over my question about selective breeding? That is not racist, that is historical, that is what happened to one whole group of people.

Do you think it is racist of us to ask ourselves how is it that most high-end athletes in some sports are black (basketball, running...)? This is just the statistics, we are trying to have a discussion about this.

I can't see this vomiting racism, can you please point me in the right direction?

And does anyone care to comment on "selective breeding" and the black people in USA today? Thank you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
03-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Nothing? I hate when people leave good subjects to die, but stupid ones go on and on, indefinitely... Why is that?

Sad

-Hunter S. Thompson
03-08-2012, 05:18 AM
Chances are, if you have to ask if you are being racist, you are probably being racist.

It is similar to the situation when a person says, "I don't mean to be offensive, but...", and then they say something offensive.

I don't mean to be racist, but... all white people are racist. Oh, wait. You can't be racist towards white people. Ha!

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
03-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Yeah, but that was not the issue here, I did not start this theme, I did not ask any questions, I only tell my view of things and then expect some kind of debate, but ... puff ... nothing. And just when I had something to say...

Sad

That makes me a sad panda.

[Image: sadpanda.gif]

Also, we have a problem of "modern racism" where we can not even mention the word "race" as it points out that there are different races and that kind of thinking goes against the "we are all the same" kind of thinking, so you get labelled as Hitler right away. That shit is retarded. There are races, there are small differences between them and we are allowed to debate about those things/issues. I love talking about these things as one can learn a lot while talking to different people with different views.

-Hunter S. Thompson
03-08-2012, 07:17 AM
(03-08-2012 05:46 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, but that was not the issue here, I did not start this theme, I did not ask any questions, I only tell my view of things and then expect some kind of debate, but ... puff ... nothing. And just when I had something to say...

Sad

That makes me a sad panda.

[Image: sadpanda.gif]

Also, we have a problem of "modern racism" where we can not even mention the word "race" as it points out that there are different races and that kind of thinking goes against the "we are all the same" kind of thinking, so you get labelled as Hitler right away. That shit is retarded. There are races, there are small differences between them and we are allowed to debate about those things/issues. I love talking about these things as one can learn a lot while talking to different people with different views.

The reason the term "race" has a negative connotation is because it is often a barrier in the union of the human race.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
03-08-2012, 10:03 AM
And it is still illogical and unscientific to do that, because, we have a couple of races of humans here on this planet... I would say that we are not a human race, but a human species that has a couple of races as a subcategory. By the definition of these words, most biologists would agree with me. So I don't see the problem with it, I guess I think normally and don't attribute strange attributes to scientific, biological definitions...

-Hunter S. Thompson
04-08-2012, 01:10 AM
(29-07-2012 08:44 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  It's 1963 all over again! It makes me sick. You need to look deeply at yourself. I couldn't read all the racist SHIT on here. I was glad not to see you didn't start picking on Hispanics too. I wonder at what skin tone you become undesirable? What is a persons value if they don't fit your mold. what about the east Indian skin type. Some of them can be real dark. How about the Middle Eastern people? Just what are you calling Black??? Is it anyone who is not lily white? You make me want to vomit.

OMG

For real?

You've admitted you didn't read everything yet you take the time to post your opinion.

Shut the fuck up if you are not reading what I am actually saying.

I suppose doctors who say 'black people are more prone to sickle cell anemia.' (Or any other race that has more medical conditions due to their race) are racist too. No the doctors aren't racist. They are using the stats as a tool.

I suggest you get smarter before you post again.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
04-08-2012, 01:56 AM
On the average, everyone has one testicle.

This should give you an idea how misleading data can be, even if it is 100% correct.

I don't think you are a racist. You're just trying to connect the dots you can see and hear, and asking if your conclusions are correct.

Your questions boil down to the nature vs. nurture issue - are we the result of our genes or the environment we grew up in? Clearly both have an effect.

My guess is that blacks are not more prone to crime or violence than whites when raised in a positive, nurturing environment. In the US, fewer blacks grow up in a positive, nurturing environment than do other races, due to historically lower socio-economic issues and a self-image disaster stemming from a past of slavery. Thus a higher percentage of blacks commit crimes, and also have fewer resources to avoid jail, and there is some built-in bias in the criminal justice system that disfavors blacks. Therefore a higher percentage of blacks are in jail.

While I think that all people (of all races, etc) should be treated as equals, I suspect that all attributes of all races are not equal. The major races evolved on separate, parallel paths that, while closely related, were not identical. It makes sense to me therefore that races viewed as groups would have some different characteristics, such as being prone to Sickle Cell Anemia mentioned by someone else, but also in terms of height, physical abilities, types of intelligence, etc.
[+] 3 users Like Jeff's post