Am I racist? Or just a statistician?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
22-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Am I racist? Or just a statistician?
I was thinking about titling this thread 'whats wrong with being a stereotype?' Anyway, let me explain.

I don't consider myself racist. Because I'm not.

Stereotypical? Maybe. But if you fight not being a stereotype then you fight evolution IMO. For example, does an antelope look at the lion and say, "ya he has sharp teeth and looks designed to kill me, but who am I judge? I'll pay no attention." or a rodent say 'there an owl' yada yada yada.... Blink

But one thing I am for sure, is a statistician. I know, as an evolved human being. statistically if I had my choice of

A). going down an alley with 3 black people dressed liked thugs dancing to (what looks like) rap music.

or

B). going down an alley with 3 white people dressed in suits.

Guess what, I'm going down B. But I'm white. IDK. Maybe it would be different for a black man. Or asian whatever....

Now if it was

A). 3 black people in suits. Looking to be maybe theists, perhaps some Jehovahs witnesses preaching.

or

B). 3 White people looking shitty and trashy as hell desperate for $.

Guess what, I'm going down A.

But my decision is only based off the light that bounced off of them and into my eyes and my brain deciphering the best decision for my survival
. Yes?

Now let's be honest. Statistically black people are more prone to violence. Yes? Have you ever seen 'Boys N the hood.'? The very beginning words are, 'One out of every 21 Black American males will be murdered'. Most will die at the hands of another Black male.'

Am I wrong anywhere? Let's talk about this.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Atheist Chiefs fan!'s post
22-07-2012, 12:31 AM
RE: Am I racist? Or just a statistician?
(22-07-2012 12:18 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  I was thinking about titling this thread 'whats wrong with being a stereotype?' Anyway, let me explain.

Stereotypical? Maybe. But if you fight not being a stereotype then you fight evolution IMO. For example, does an antelope look at the lion and say, "ya he has sharp teeth and looks designed to kill me, but who am I judge? I'll pay no attention." or a rodent say 'there an owl' yada yada yada.... Blink

But one thing I am for sure, is a statistician. I know, as an evolved human being. statistically if I had my choice of

A). going down an alley with 3 black people dressed liked thugs dancing to (what looks like) rap music.

or

Guess what, I'm going down B. But I'm white. IDK. Maybe it would be different for a black man. Or asian whatever....

Now if it was

A). 3 black people in suits. Looking to be maybe theists, perhaps some Jehovahs witnesses preaching.

or

But my decision is only based off the light that bounced off of them and into my eyes and my brain deciphering the best decision for my survival
. Yes?

Now let's be honest. Statistically black people are more prone to violence. Yes? Have you ever seen 'Boys N the hood.'? The very beginning words are, 'One out of every 21 Black American males will be murdered'. Most will die at the hands of another Black male.'

There's really nothing to discuss. You're right.
[+] 2 users Like mike112769's post
22-07-2012, 12:32 AM
There's nothing to discuss. You're right.
[+] 2 users Like mike112769's post
22-07-2012, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 06:28 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-07-2012 12:18 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  I was thinking about titling this thread 'whats wrong with being a stereotype?' Anyway, let me explain.

or

Now if it was

or

. Yes?

It has nothing to do with being black or any other race. It's the neighborhood. You cannot say "blacks are prone to violence", unless you have a sample from the SAME neighborhood, to compare. People who grow up in violent environments learn to be violent.
Best to be careful what alley you walk down.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-07-2012, 01:00 AM
(22-07-2012 12:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

or

Now if it was

or

. Yes?

It has nothing to do with being black or any other race.
It's the neighborhood. You cannot say "blacks are prone to violence", unless you have a sample from the SAME neighborhood, to compare. People who grow up in violent environments learn to be violent.
Best to be careful what ally you walk down.
Bullshit Bucky. No disrespect.

How long is mankind gonna dodge this bullet?

That's like saying it has nothing to do with the fact that black people are more athletic.

Let's be honest. I'm not racist. But statistically black people are better at sports. Let face this shit head on man. I think they are better at sports because they are closer related to Africa. They had to run with the lions, tiger and cheetahs and shit to survive. You know?

Maybe they are black because of the beating sun all the time. (Don't laugh, this is philosophy). Big Grin

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
22-07-2012, 01:02 AM
You're not a racist, cause it's up to others to call you a racist. Tongue

Stupid fucking term. What you are, is a double poster. Evil_monster

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2012, 01:07 AM
(22-07-2012 01:00 AM)Atheist Chiefs fan! Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 12:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
It has nothing to do with being black or any other race.
It's the neighborhood. You cannot say "blacks are prone to violence", unless you have a sample from the SAME neighborhood, to compare. People who grow up in violent environments learn to be violent.
Best to be careful what ally you walk down.
Bullshit Bucky. No disrespect.

How long is mankind gonna dodge this bullet?

That's like saying it has nothing to do with the fact that black people are more athletic.

Let's be honest. I'm not racist. But statistically black people are better at sports. Let face this shit head on man. I think they are better at sports because they are closer related to Africa. They had to run with the lions, tiger and cheetahs and shit to survive. You know?

Maybe they are black because of the beating sun all the time. (Don't laugh, this is philosophy). Big Grin
Sorry. That's the fallacy of the false analogy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

22-07-2012, 01:09 AM
Besides, that's not being racist, that's situational stereotypical profiling. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2012, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 01:39 AM by Bucky Ball.)
If you're not prejudiced, and not a a racist, then design us a study, the results of which you would accept, and which would lead you to agree that you are incorrect.
Doesn't seem like you're much of a statistician. How did you determine your sample size ? How did you determine what ally to walk down ? Methinks you ain't no statistician.
Looks like a couple anecdotes to me.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-07-2012, 01:39 AM
(22-07-2012 01:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you're not prejudiced, and not a a racist, then design us a study, the results of which you would accept, and which would lead you to agree that you are incorrect.
Maybe I am prejudice Bucky. Which is pre conceived. Based off of the light that bounced off of the subject and into my eyes, I am making a what I can of the best.

(sorry, I'm probably more science oriented than philosophy).

Did you catch my analogy of the antelope who is 'prejudice'? ( In the OP).

Bucky, I live for being incorrect. I try to be wrong therefore in my next upcoming on the subject I can be more accurate on it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Am I racist? Or just a statistician? Atheist Chiefs fan! 6 961 25-07-2012 12:03 AM
Last Post: Filox