Am I racist? Or just a statistician?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
22-07-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: Am I racist? Or just a statistician?
(22-07-2012 07:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 06:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because they pop out a thousand bloody children to get extra welfare money and then get their kids to drop out of school to collect welfare checks.

Racist. Tongue

But then we knew you were an ornery fuck. Big Grin
And saying white employers only hirer white employees isn't racist???

Quote: As an english white male I go through this area and id say 70% of the
people are friendly and smile whilst the rest either wont look me in the
eye or are negative towards me........ these people are also racist.
They don't look at you so they're instantly racist?
Question, does that 30% look other white people in the eye?

To me people forget that racism works both ways. It's like if it's an ethnic minority its racism, if it's a white guy, "meh whatever".
You want to know the most racist shit I have ever seen in my life??
That law they have in some States that says employers MUST employe a certain percentage of black/hispanic/whatever people.
Tell me, a white man and a black man apply for the same job. The white man has higher qualifications, higher work experience compared to the black man. Yet because the employer must meat his quoter the black man gets the job. Please someone explain to me how that is NOT racist. What if that man is a doctor, does that mean I have to receive less then best quality surgery because the hospital was afraid of being a little "racist".

Minorities, IMO, use it as an excuse far to much. They play the racist card left right and center here there and everywhere. If something doesn't go their way, "oh must be racism". I mean for fuck sake.
Sure my ancestors weren't enslaved and shit, BUT were you personally? NO. Did I personally drag you personally from Africa to work in my cotton fields? NO. So stop blaming US for shit that didn't even happen to YOU. And stop using it as an excuse for you way of life.

Am I a racist? Sure maybe. But I don't consider myself a racist (others might), I consider myself a realist. I believe everyone has the same chance. Everyone gets an education, everyone can do well and go to college (scholarships), or do well and get a good job without going to college. Gangs, welfare, crime etc.. I don't care what people say, that is a life style choice and I tell you, I get pissed off when people feel the need to "blame the white man" on their life style choice when things turn tits up.
"Oh I killed someone, must be that racist white cop who caught me".
"Oh, I didn't get the 100K a year job because I only have a high school diploma, must be that racist white employer".
And that is why I hate ethnic minorities, because they use their ethnicity as an excuse. And white people eat it up. They agree, they go with it, they be as PC as possible because they don't want to 'offend'.

*braces self for fallout*

Quote: Samoans are statistically overrepresented in the NFL and Dominicans in MLB. Why? It's a chance to get the fuck off the island.
There's more Samoans here then there is in Samoa.
Same with Tonga.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Hey Ghost, where the fuck are you? Drinking Beverage

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
22-07-2012, 08:45 PM
I can see why you thinking people not looking into my eyes isnt racist..... but it does go a bit further than that Mr Muffs.

There are a lot of little things that I recognise because ive seen my own (white) ethnic group doing exactly the same to them.

With regards to your statement on "equal rights" in the workplace im in full agreement with you...... something that is meant to protect people also hinders, that damn double edged sword.

Recently the council who I work for employed a woman...... im not sexist, my job isnt that difficult and we have had women refuse collectors before..... thing is though she is totally useless at the job and my bosses knew this before the interview because she worked for the Temp Employment Agency for a few months beforehand. She has a bad attitude and nobody wants to work with her. Given the amount of applicants (over 100) all with previous experience (only way to apply for the job is through the agency) for a total of 16-18 positions..... im thinking that the only way she got the job is because she was female and the council operate an equal rights policy like the one you mentioned.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
22-07-2012, 11:14 PM
(22-07-2012 06:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 07:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Racist. Tongue

But then we knew you were an ornery fuck. Big Grin
And saying white employers only hirer white employees isn't racist???

Quote: As an english white male I go through this area and id say 70% of the
people are friendly and smile whilst the rest either wont look me in the
eye or are negative towards me........ these people are also racist.

To me people forget that racism works both ways. It's like if it's an ethnic minority its racism, if it's a white guy, "meh whatever".
That law they have in some States that says employers MUST employe a certain percentage of black/hispanic/whatever people.
Tell me, a white man and a black man apply for the same job. The white man has higher qualifications, higher work experience compared to the black man. Yet because the employer must meat his quoter the black man gets the job. Please someone explain to me how that is NOT racist. What if that man is a doctor, does that mean I have to receive less then best quality surgery because the hospital was afraid of being a little "racist".

Minorities, IMO, use it as an excuse far to much. They play the racist card left right and center here there and everywhere. If something doesn't go their way, "oh must be racism". I mean for fuck sake.
Sure my ancestors weren't enslaved and shit, BUT were you personally? NO. Did I personally drag you personally from Africa to work in my cotton fields? NO. So stop blaming US for shit that didn't even happen to YOU. And stop using it as an excuse for you way of life.

Am I a racist? Sure maybe. But I don't consider myself a racist (others might), I consider myself a realist. I believe everyone has the same chance. Everyone gets an education, everyone can do well and go to college (scholarships), or do well and get a good job without going to college. Gangs, welfare, crime etc.. I don't care what people say, that is a life style choice and I tell you, I get pissed off when people feel the need to "blame the white man" on their life style choice when things turn tits up.
"Oh, I didn't get the 100K a year job because I only have a high school diploma, must be that racist white employer".
And that is why I hate ethnic minorities, because they use their ethnicity as an excuse. And white people eat it up. They agree, they go with it, they be as PC as possible because they don't want to 'offend'.

Quote: Samoans are statistically overrepresented in the NFL and Dominicans in MLB. Why? It's a chance to get the fuck off the island.
Same with Tonga.
The bold is where you messed up. Everyone does not have the same chance. If you're born into a wealthy family and I'm born into an impoverished one, we do not by any means have the same chances. That's the gist of all social programs no matter what problem they try to address. You may disagree as the best way of going about giving everyone equal chances, but to say that every one has the same chances as every one else from birth is ludicrous. The point of affirmative action in the US begin when people weren't allowing blacks to colleges or giving them decent jobs even if equally or more qualified, and yes they could easily make up some bullshit reason to justify it. Sadly, we don't live in a utopia where people get hired solely on credentials or ability.

Like you said you personally never enslaved anyone nor were any minorities you come in contact ever slaves, but we live in a world where you inherit your status in this world initially from your parents (believe me or not) so it makes it much harder for the hard working black man to succeed as opposed to the hard working white man, theoretically.

"A man who dares waste an hour of his life has not discovered the value of life." - Charles Darwin
22-07-2012, 11:19 PM
(22-07-2012 06:42 PM)aurora Wrote:  Hey Ghost, where the fuck are you? Drinking Beverage

The Reckoning is coming.

I can't wait! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-07-2012, 11:53 PM
(22-07-2012 11:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 06:42 PM)aurora Wrote:  Hey Ghost, where the fuck are you? Drinking Beverage

The Reckoning is coming.

I can't wait! Big Grin
Hehe, me neither Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
23-07-2012, 12:05 AM
(22-07-2012 11:14 PM)HDT Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 06:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And saying white employers only hirer white employees isn't racist???

Same with Tonga.
The bold is where you messed up. Everyone does not have the same chance. If you're born into a wealthy family and I'm born into an impoverished one, we do not by any means have the same chances. That's the gist of all social programs no matter what problem they try to address. You may disagree as the best way of going about giving everyone equal chances, but to say that every one has the same chances as every one else from birth is ludicrous. The point of affirmative action in the US begin when people weren't allowing blacks to colleges or giving them decent jobs even if equally or more qualified, and yes they could easily make up some bullshit reason to justify it. Sadly, we don't live in a utopia where people get hired solely on credentials or ability.

Like you said you personally never enslaved anyone nor were any minorities you come in contact ever slaves, but we live in a world where you inherit your status in this world initially from your parents (believe me or not) so it makes it much harder for the hard working black man to succeed as opposed to the hard working white man, theoretically.
Exactly!

Let me illustrate this please.

There was this girl in high school, she had the same education as another girl. The first girl's parents were drug addicts who had many children younger than her. She would spend night after night taking care of these children, one a baby, while her parents were out getting high. Once in awhile her parents would bring their bad crowd home and she'd have to fight off strange men or keep quiet kids and protect them. There wasn't much food in the house and what food there was she sacrificed for her younger siblings, often leaving her starving at school. Her parents tried to coerce her to do things for food or money for thing for school, like run drug errands for them or keep secrets. She couldn't stay awake to receive her education in class, and often got penalized and less opportunities from teachers and peers for it.

The other girl in the same class with the same education lived in a rich home with a balanced family life. Her lunches weren't only provided but packed for her. She got to travel often through out the year to not only adventurous places but relaxing places. She was encouraged to have extra curricular activities that enhanced her personality and peaked her interests.

Tell me who will absorb their equal education better? I am betting it's the nourished and rested mind who can focus on tasks at hand instead of basic survival for the next 24hours.

I've wanted to say this since the first post about the alley way choices. The choice was never about race, it was about poverty. Atheist Chiefs Fan, you are scared to walk down an alley with a poor person, even when the colour of skin is flipped.

And guess what was brought to America? Slavery of poor people, who are black. And you think generations later it doesn't matter? Look how one generation can affect another. It is not equal nor fair, but it's not solely about the skin. Just happens that is the part of the bigger picture now.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
23-07-2012, 01:58 AM
This whole thread has some truth in it, but it also is pretty far from the truth... Tell me something, I see you people are all based on USA, but what about the same situation, only in UK or New Zeeland.

So, are the black people there prone to more violence than white people?

Do you see how statistics and everything changes as soon as you use some "different ally"?

This is a very, very complicated question, one for which we must search the answers back to when USA was just forming and when all these nice white folks were taking the best, strongest and healthiest black people from Africa. This can easily be called "unnatural selection", but it works just as natural selection, it has picked only the best and brought them to a new continent. This is one of the reasons why black people are so good at athletics, they were either selected from the bunch a long time ago, or they had to survive in a hostile environment, giving you a natural selecting again. YES, black people are a bit more "athletic".

If you want to learn more about what came next and how poor education and racial segregation has affected the "bad behaviour" of modern black people, I suggest you read a bit what Martin Luther King and Malcolm X wrote. They explain the situation pretty well.

Not every mention of another race is racist, it is in fact pretty good to ask questions like this and to try to understand what we don't. Stop being afraid to ask questions because you might sound racist. Who cares how you "sound"...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-07-2012, 04:43 AM
(22-07-2012 11:14 PM)HDT Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 06:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And saying white employers only hirer white employees isn't racist???

Same with Tonga.

I see where you are coming from. Sure the rich kid is gonna have an easier ride through life, trust me I see that on a daily bases living with three rather well off students who have parents who pay for everything and myself who has to work and can't rely on my dirt poor parents for financial assistance. BUT, here I am, same university getting the same degree (actually I'm majoring in more subjects then them).
Point is, I could have stayed in my shitty home town and worked at some retail store for slightly above minimum wage like every other deadbeat kid in my year in high school, OR I could get a job, save, leave and get a degree.
It isn't ludicrous. It's about wanting to better yourself.
Being black, or being poor is NOT an excuse. I saw that 'The Pursuit of Happiness' is on tonight, I thought what a fitting movie for this thread.
People just use it as an excuse far to much.

Quote: There was this girl in high school, she had the same education as
another girl. The first girl's parents were drug addicts who had many
children younger than her. She would spend night after night taking care
of these children, one a baby, while her parents were out getting high.
Once in awhile her parents would bring their bad crowd home and she'd
have to fight off strange men or keep quiet kids and protect them. There
wasn't much food in the house and what food there was she sacrificed
for her younger siblings, often leaving her starving at school. Her
parents tried to coerce her to do things for food or money for thing for
school, like run drug errands for them or keep secrets. She couldn't
stay awake to receive her education in class, and often got penalized
and less opportunities from teachers and peers for it.

The other girl in the same class with the same education lived in a rich
home with a balanced family life. Her lunches weren't only provided but
packed for her. She got to travel often through out the year to not
only adventurous places but relaxing places. She was encouraged to have
extra curricular activities that enhanced her personality and peaked her
interests.

Tell me who will absorb their equal education better? I am betting it's
the nourished and rested mind who can focus on tasks at hand instead of
basic survival for the next 24hours.
In this situation I would ask why are those children in child custody?
And even then yes it's a horrible upbringing but it shouldn't instantly mean that child becomes exactly like her parents.
What happens when that child is 18, 19 20's..? Do they follow in their parents footsteps or do they make something out of themselves? Which brings it back to my first point about making something of yourself.

And so the girl who is well off and has this nice life should somehow
be.. punished? or made to feel guilty because of this other girl? Is
that fair on the rich girl?
People are so preoccupied with what others have they forget what they have.
Reminds me of an economics study on human behavior.
Two people, A & B are seated in a room. A is given $10 and told to offer any amount to B. B could then accept that amount and they would then both walk away with the money, or B can reject the offer and both get zero.
So what happens? Well A wants to maximize their share so they offer B $1. And so what does B do? They reject it.
The thing is, both started with $0, $1 is more then $0 and so B would leave with more money then what they went into it with. So B would rather end up with nothing if it means A gets nothing in an unfair trade.
This is exactly how people think. Talk to anyone about communism or anything like that and they would rather everyone be poor then some poor and some rich. And I lost my train of thought.. got lost thinking of economics.. fuck what was I getting at.. wait it'll come to me.. nah it's gone. I did have a point I was getting too, I'm sure it will come to me at a later date.

Quote: This whole thread has some truth in it, but it also is pretty far from
the truth... Tell me something, I see you people are all based on USA,
but what about the same situation, only in UK or New Zealand.

Oh son, don't get me started on the Maori I will not stop and you'll have to cancel all your plans for a day to read it.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
23-07-2012, 05:04 AM
(23-07-2012 04:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:This whole thread has some truth in it, but it also is pretty far fromthe truth... Tell me something, I see you people are all based on USA,
but what about the same situation, only in UK or New Zealand.

Oh son, don't get me started on the Maori I will not stop and you'll have to cancel all your plans for a day to read it.

First of all, I was referring to, as you would call, an African-American black people, not Maori, but I guess Maori in New Zeeland have the same "reputation" as the blacks in USA... Now that you have mentioned them, can you try to see the parallel between blacks in USA and Maori in NZ? Weren't both groups oppressed by white incomers, they both had none to minimum education, nobody wanted to give them jobs... And what, now you do not like them, because they are criminals? How very, very strange is that, I really wonder how could they...

You just need to carefully study the white-mans history and how they treated the native nations, once they take their country.

If you want to point fingers, point at white people.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post