Am I sane?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 02:29 PM
Am I sane?
How can I be sure that I'm sane? Everyone around me is a theist. I say things that go against people's understanding and I often feel isolated. Just last night I disagreed with what my cousin said about a falling death and being hit by a car. Bear in mind that I'm in Africa so beliefs can be a little (very) strange. She said that when a person falls to their death, the person dies before they hit the ground. Possibly due to excessive shock. Also when a car hits someone, their spirit leaves their body before the car hits them. The car just hits "empty" flesh.

So I disagreed to the above but that's not the point. I feel like the way I see things is kind of weird. Not only in their eyes but also in the eyes of people that have "normal" beliefs.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Am I sane?
You're a crazy lunatic just like the rest of us heathens. Gonna have to live with it. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
01-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Your cousin is cray-cray. Hobo

Trust me, you are the sane one.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
01-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Being sane is overrated. I wouldn't worry 'bout it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
01-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Your cousin speaks of exactly when a spirit leaves the body...based upon what evidence? There's never been any proof that a spirit exists to begin with, how can she refer to its properties or actions? She's talking out her ass.

Sorry, but you are the sane one.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
01-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Don't consider yourself completely trustworthy Smile Then you will always cross-check your thinking. I don't know how you can tell if you're sane or not. I just watch peoples' reactions - if they're screaming and running away then I know that I should be too 'cos there's probably something horrible behind me.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-01-2014, 03:42 PM
I question my sanity all the time. Then I look around and consider that I'm an atheist and all is well with the world again.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
01-01-2014, 04:21 PM
You're perfectly sane. But your friend is also perfectly sane. They're just insane to you, as you may be insane to them.

“The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriousity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” -Stephen Fry
01-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm confused.

If not just before impact, when does the soul leave the body?

Anyway, surely it makes more sense that the impact dislodges the soul.

Yes

01-01-2014, 04:39 PM
The falling thing makes a little bit of sense. If I was falling and had enough time to think about it, I can totally see my "soul" deciding to get the hell out of here before the bad shit goes down. But what if the car hits you from behind and you never saw it coming? How would your soul know to leave the body before impact?