Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 04:32 AM
RE: Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage?
(05-01-2014 12:50 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  Allow me to state my view.

Being non-religious,

[Image: stop-right-there.jpg]

The apologetic "arguments" you pander demonstrate without a doubt that not only are you lying about being "non-religious", you are also failing miserably to hide the actual fact that you are some sort of batshit-crazy (most likely "catholic") theist "apologist" trolll -- But Hey, when are you fucking idiots going to start APOLOGIZING for your shit, anyway?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 04:39 AM
Are you the only one?

You are not.

I agree with you completely.

Homosexual couples (but also heterosexual couples) who do not reproduce are of no value to us.

06-01-2014, 05:41 AM
[

The apologetic "arguments" you pander demonstrate without a doubt that not only are you lying about being "non-religious", you are also failing miserably to hide the actual fact that you are some sort of batshit-crazy (most likely "catholic") theist "apologist" trolll -- But Hey, when are you fucking idiots going to start APOLOGIZING for your shit, anyway?
[/quote]Honestly, I'm not religious. However, I would like to apologize to anyone who has found my view hurtful or offensive. There was no malice intended.
06-01-2014, 06:46 AM
(06-01-2014 04:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you the only one?

You are not.

Homosexual couples (but also heterosexual couples) who do not reproduce are of no value to us.

The major problem is what to do with them. Consider

Should we simply euthanize them? Or should we send them to camps?
Maybe they should have their own country. It would, of course, be barren. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Well, if you are not religious, you are culturally indoctrinated, i.e. you are defending a view that has been held around you as you grew up.

Coming from a different generation, I am not unfamiliar with that. When gay pride started, all kinds of otherwise reasonable people shared your view - it was the status quo.

Long as you start thinking about it and growing, that's ok. Question the attitudes you grew up with, the reason they are largely not shared anymore is because they don't make sense.

Society evolves just as we evolve physically. There was a time when women were thought to be too stupid to vote. Most all men thought so. It was a long struggle to get that changed. Now the struggle gays have fought for some 40+ years is finally starting to succeed. Of course there will be resistant pockets of the population. Give it 20 years and no one will think that gays don't deserve to have the same legal rights straights do.

It's time to base your opinions on facts, not hear say.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-01-2014, 06:47 AM
(06-01-2014 05:41 AM)veitstoss Wrote:  
Quote:The apologetic "arguments" you pander demonstrate without a doubt that not only are you lying about being "non-religious", you are also failing miserably to hide the actual fact that you are some sort of batshit-crazy (most likely "catholic") theist "apologist" trolll -- But Hey, when are you fucking idiots going to start APOLOGIZING for your shit, anyway?
Honestly, I'm not religious. However, I would like to apologize to anyone who has found my view hurtful or offensive. There was no malice intended.

Do you have something against proper use of quotes as well?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
06-01-2014, 06:56 AM
[Image: 3ofqrt.jpg]

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
06-01-2014, 07:06 AM
(06-01-2014 06:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 04:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you the only one?

You are not.

The major problem is what to do with them. Consider

Should we simply euthanize them? Or should we send them to camps?
Maybe they should have their own country. It would, of course, be barren. Drinking Beverage

I hear there is a program planning to colonise Mars.

I suggest we send them all there until the infrastructure is sufficiently well developed and safe for normal, breeding people to go there.

Also, religious people can be sent there but all of us who require new-borns for sustenance should remain here for now.

Obvious, really.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-01-2014, 08:30 AM
(06-01-2014 05:41 AM)veitstoss Wrote:  However, I would like to apologize to anyone who has found my view hurtful or offensive. There was no malice intended.

There's a bunch of reactionary bs going on here, but I fail to see how you did not anticipate this.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2014, 08:31 AM
(06-01-2014 08:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 05:41 AM)veitstoss Wrote:  However, I would like to apologize to anyone who has found my view hurtful or offensive. There was no malice intended.

There's a bunch of reactionary bs going on here, but I fail to see how you did not anticipate this.

What you callin 'reactionary bs'??

(throws snowballs at your head)

buwwaahaaaaaaBig Grin

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post