Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage?
In terms of gay/straight relationships and marriage, it's not our place or anyone's to decide whether homosexual relationships are right or wrong. It bugs me how we have to stick our noses in the lives of people who want to just live like anyone else. Let them have marriage, adoption rights, whatever. They aren't harming anyone. I've heard more horror stories with regards to heterosexual relationships than homosexual ones.

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like SpaceMonkey's post
05-01-2014, 02:26 PM
(05-01-2014 02:19 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 02:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If the primary purpose of marriage is reproduction, (which it has NEVER been stated to be) AND *if* marriage is a privilege or right which can be granted to some and not others, then by logic : reproduction is thus a function or privilege which can be granted or controlled by the state, and reproduction is not an inherent human right.
Bwaaaaaa. Danke, mein Herr Hitler.
The silly season on TTA continues.

Vielen dank auch!

I stated that the principal purpose of marriage is to SANCTION reproduction, not reproduction itself. Reproduction is a biological process, not a human right.

So since when do YOU make the rules, with NO REFERENCES ? Who in the history of the world says that it is the purpose of marriage to "sanction" reproduction ?
I see you have no answer to the points made against your ridiculously unreasonable position. "Biological process" (or NOT) is NOT the point. I see you are unable to think logically. Do humans have a right to the biological process OR NOT ? YOU have not followed YOUR own logic to it's OWN logical conclusion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-01-2014, 02:27 PM
PLEASE WATCH !!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
05-01-2014, 02:29 PM
(05-01-2014 02:19 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 02:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If the primary purpose of marriage is reproduction, (which it has NEVER been stated to be) AND *if* marriage is a privilege or right which can be granted to some and not others, then by logic : reproduction is thus a function or privilege which can be granted or controlled by the state, and reproduction is not an inherent human right.
Bwaaaaaa. Danke, mein Herr Hitler.
The silly season on TTA continues.

Vielen dank auch!

I stated that the principal purpose of marriage is to SANCTION reproduction, not reproduction itself. Reproduction is a biological process, not a human right.

So what happens to every children born outside wedlock? we give them less rights to them too? Do we force the parents to get married? Even if that woul create a toxic environment for the kids?
What happens to married couples that don't have children? do they loose their married status? We force them to have offspring? What if they conceive after they get separated?
Do you realize how violent you arguments are? how intrusive in people's life your ideas can get? How destructive of your precious social well being they are?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
05-01-2014, 02:35 PM
(05-01-2014 02:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  [quote='veitstoss' pid='459076' dateline='1388953146']

So since when do YOU make the rules, with NO REFERENCES ? Who in the history of the world says that it is the purpose of marriage to "sanction" reproduction ?
I'm not attempting to make the rules, merely state my view. Biological processes tend to occur anyway, whether people are granted rights to them or not.
05-01-2014, 02:36 PM
(05-01-2014 01:04 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Marriage, and the legality thereof, is not just about resulting children. There are hetero couples that don't or can't have children. So, by your thinking there is no reason for them to marry either. And if they do and children don't result, the union should be dissolved.
I addressed the issue of hetero couples who don't or can't have children. Marriage and the legality of it is not about resulting children but the potential for having them in terms of the components required for sexual reproduction.

- Adoption
- Surrogacy

gtfo

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
05-01-2014, 02:40 PM
It astounds me that those opposed to same-sex marriage continue to dress up their dislike for it with newfangled terminology. The crux of it is that it is still discrimination, albeit wearing an aesthetically pleasing disguise.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
05-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Rolleyes

Gawd. Shoo fly.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-01-2014, 02:42 PM
05-01-2014, 02:45 PM
(05-01-2014 02:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  [quote='veitstoss' pid='459076' dateline='1388953146']

So what happens to every children born outside wedlock? we give them less rights to them too? ...
Do you realize how violent you arguments are? how intrusive in people's life your ideas can get? How destructive of your precious social well being they are?
Like I said, I don't consider it an equalities or rights issue. I don't feel that marriage can be redefined.