Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: Am I the only atheist opposed to same-sex marriage?
(05-01-2014 03:07 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  [

And there goes my next reply.

To stop "redefining marriage" as it were, the definition should be updated to:

The legal status, condition, or relationship that results from a contract by which two individuals, who have the capacity to enter into such an agreement, mutually promise to live together in the relationship of spouses in law for life, or until the legal termination of the relationship.

-please note this is only changing eight words from the currently accepted legal definition.
So what's the currently accepted legal definition?
[/quote]

You haven't done your homework, have you?

Why do you people come spouting their "views" and "opinions" when they haven't even bothered to read the wikipedia article about the very thing they talk about?!

Go and read by yourself, and when you open your eyes and can have an actual view of an issue, and after you've shed your prejudices and are able to have a real opinion on something. THEN come here or go anywhere and talk as if you know stuff, otherwise you're just a bigoted ignoramus shouting annoying blabber from a cave

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
05-01-2014, 03:13 PM
(05-01-2014 03:07 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  [

And there goes my next reply.

To stop "redefining marriage" as it were, the definition should be updated to:

The legal status, condition, or relationship that results from a contract by which two individuals, who have the capacity to enter into such an agreement, mutually promise to live together in the relationship of spouses in law for life, or until the legal termination of the relationship.

-please note this is only changing eight words from the currently accepted legal definition.
So what's the currently accepted legal definition?
[/quote]

How about you STOP the jibber-jabber and just tell us WHY you are prejudiced against gays? Cause push comes to shove........that IS the crux of the matter. You are prejudiced. Fess up.

Stop beating around the bush with definition-nonsense that amounts to hair-splitting crack-head-crap or time wasting bullshit.

What is your problem with Gay People?
Why do you care??

And how could you be anything BUT embarrassed in the year 2014 of your prejudice? What year do you live in? Most of us have moved on from the dark ages. Cause you're not only NOT embarrassed by your backwater, redneck stance--- You're actually posting on an Open Public forum your horrible, prejudiced attitude. WTF?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 4 users Like WitchSabrina's post
05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
(05-01-2014 02:45 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 02:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  [quote='veitstoss' pid='459076' dateline='1388953146']

So what happens to every children born outside wedlock? we give them less rights to them too? ...
Do you realize how violent you arguments are? how intrusive in people's life your ideas can get? How destructive of your precious social well being they are?
Like I said, I don't consider it an equalities or rights issue. I don't feel that marriage can be redefined.

How can you say this when you have made up your own damn definition, therefor redefining marriage in your own mind. Your logic has no...oh wait you don't have any logic at all.
05-01-2014, 03:20 PM
(05-01-2014 03:07 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  So what's the currently accepted legal definition?

Legal definitions vary slightly from country to country. But I can tell you this, in no country is definition of marriage tied with the ability to procreate.
Ability to procreate is not a requirement nor it is assumed in the legal definition of marriage.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
05-01-2014, 03:22 PM
Marriage is NOT about the pro-creation of children, its about a legal vow to be faithful to one person.

Would you dis-allow marriage to a straight couple who couldn't have children?? Somehow I doubt it.

You're just as much an ass as the religious if you seriously take that position.

The Out Crowd.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Here's my question...how can it possibly affect you?

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-01-2014, 03:30 PM
[/quote]

Legal definitions vary slightly from country to country. But I can tell you this, in no country is definition of marriage tied with the ability to procreate.
Ability to procreate is not a requirement nor it is assumed in the legal definition of marriage.
[/quote]

I agree with that. Though they do vary, most countries' legal definitions are given as a formal union between a man and a woman. I extrapolated from that the sexual reproduction aspect.
05-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Quote:I agree with that. Though they do vary, most countries' legal definitions are given as a formal union between a man and a woman. I extrapolated from that the sexual reproduction aspect.

Your extrapolation is excessive Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
05-01-2014, 03:33 PM
(05-01-2014 03:30 PM)veitstoss Wrote:  I agree with that. Though they do vary, most countries' legal definitions are given as a formal union between a man and a woman. I extrapolated from that the sexual reproduction aspect.

How about you STOP the jibber-jabber and just tell us WHY you are prejudiced against gays? Cause push comes to shove........that IS the crux of the matter. You are prejudiced. Fess up.

Stop beating around the bush with definition-nonsense that amounts to hair-splitting crack-head-crap or time wasting bullshit.

What is your problem with Gay People?
Why do you care??

And how could you be anything BUT embarrassed in the year 2014 of your prejudice? What year do you live in? Most of us have moved on from the dark ages. Cause you're not only NOT embarrassed by your backwater, redneck stance--- You're actually posting on an Open Public forum your horrible, prejudiced attitude. WTF?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
05-01-2014, 03:33 PM
(05-01-2014 03:26 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Here's my question...how can it possibly affect you?
It doesn't affect me at all, Anjele. I was merely stating an opinion.