Am I the only person that didn't care for Zombieland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2013, 11:01 PM
RE: Am I the only person that didn't care for Zombieland
I liked it a lot. Definitely a different take on the zombie genre, and zombie comedies are a rare breed as it is. I was actually disappointed Amazon didn't pick up a season order on the pilot TV episode they developed for Amazon prime.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 04:27 AM
(06-07-2013 11:01 PM)AtheistTeacher Wrote:  I liked it a lot. Definitely a different take on the zombie genre, and zombie comedies are a rare breed as it is. I was actually disappointed Amazon didn't pick up a season order on the pilot TV episode they developed for Amazon prime.

First off, there are so many zombie comedies out there. Really not rare... my zombie film collection has 26 definite zomcoms and then many more that I am unsure whether it was deliberate or not. Tongue

Secondly, I was disappointed when the series never went passed the pilot as well. I kind of preferred it to the film... and Zombieland was originally going to be a series anyway, so I think they could have included a lot of the ideas they had at before it went to film. The zombie kill of the week and the list of rules works way better in a series than it did in the movie.

[Image: opforum1.png]
07-07-2013, 03:33 PM
It was a cute tongue in cheek zombie comedy. Of course, I've never really been fond of the kill zombies genre. Tried to get into the Walking Dead, but stopped after ep. 3.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
07-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I need to explore zombie comedies then since I honestly haven't seen any outside of Welcome to Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead.

I actually preferred the TV show too, at least from the smell sample we were shown. I thought the replacement cast they got had potential.

"History teaches us that no other cause has brought more death than the word of god."
07-07-2013, 11:13 PM
Shaun of the Dead was a parody of a comedy as far as I'm concerned. Am I the only one who thought so?