Am I wrong to pick on religion?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Am I wrong to pick on religion?
At first at was madre and hardly attacking them everytime I could, then I thought '' come on man just let it go now'', now I do it cause I enjoy it, it is easy and I think they deserve it. Plus I have a baby on The way and I think I'm gonna be really angry when someone tries to indoctrinate himno behind my back! Now I would like to know any reasons why I should leave The believers. alone cause I find plenty of reasons not to Smile

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: Am I wrong to pick on religion?
My phone messed with my spelling, sorry!

18-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Depends on how you pick on em. Punching em with baseball bats might be a little overkill.
18-02-2014, 11:17 AM
(18-02-2014 11:01 AM)netninja Wrote:  At first at was madre and hardly attacking them everytime I could, then I thought '' come on man just let it go now'', now I do it cause I enjoy it, it is easy and I think they deserve it. Plus I have a baby on The way and I think I'm gonna be really angry when someone tries to indoctrinate himno behind my back! Now I would like to know any reasons why I should leave The believers. alone cause I find plenty of reasons not to Smile

So long as they are not trying to spout their religious dogma at you I see no reason to just let them be. If they go off complaining about how their religious beliefs should be forced on others in our society or start telling you that you need to join them and be saved, then by all means, let them have it. I don't feel the need to go waving my atheism around in public to try to convince others that religion is bullshit. If people want to ask me about my views, or debate on the topic, then I have no problem expressing why I'm not religious and why I think religion is harmful.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 3 users Like WindyCityJazz's post
18-02-2014, 12:01 PM
It's quite an open question with room for interpretation. So I look at it like this, just randomly blasting religious people is not morally valid from my point of view but to speak from a legitimate platform or position and constantly attack religious ideas is fine.

Religious ideas have 'attacked' my world already. I have an eye condition called nystagmus, also I lost my mother to cancer. I'm not saying for definite but how different might things have been if the religious hadn't obstructed stem cell research?

I have gay friends, I know two guys who would have married years ago.

I brought up two step children when I was married. They were often tormented with threats of hell from their grandparents for being 'naughty'.

As long as religious ideas effect people's votes, attitudes and general conduct I personally feel it would be immoral not to attack them.

As you've said you have a child on the way, you'll find out soon enough just how angry this stuff can make you! All the best Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 4 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
18-02-2014, 12:02 PM
(18-02-2014 11:17 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(18-02-2014 11:01 AM)netninja Wrote:  At first at was madre and hardly attacking them everytime I could, then I thought '' come on man just let it go now'', now I do it cause I enjoy it, it is easy and I think they deserve it. Plus I have a baby on The way and I think I'm gonna be really angry when someone tries to indoctrinate himno behind my back! Now I would like to know any reasons why I should leave The believers. alone cause I find plenty of reasons not to Smile

So long as they are not trying to spout their religious dogma at you I see no reason to just let them be. If they go off complaining about how their religious beliefs should be forced on others in our society or start telling you that you need to join them and be saved, then by all means, let them have it. I don't feel the need to go waving my atheism around in public to try to convince others that religion is bullshit. If people want to ask me about my views, or debate on the topic, then I have no problem expressing why I'm not religious and why I think religion is harmful.

I agree with this. If the person isn't bothering you in any way, or in other words, if they aren't concerning you in any way, then I wouldn't bother them. Otherwise, you're a bully. But if the person is shoving their beliefs down your throat and knocking you upside the face with a bible, it's perfectly understandable that you'd bite back, and by all means don't even hesitate to hold back.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
18-02-2014, 12:19 PM
I don't think I can just look away from all The Shit they do and have done not only to my but to The whole world, I hate injustice even when it is not against me (anymore) so for me is not acceptable to stay quiet just because they are not messing with me.

18-02-2014, 12:27 PM
If you were living in certain places there would be no avoiding religious shit being shoved down your-and-your-childrens' throats. All you would need do is turn on your television to watch the "news" and you would get a heapin' helpin' of religious indoctrination.

Come to think of it, as I write this I am reminded of the news clip in which Wolf Blitzer attempts to push a tornado survivor he didn't know was an atheist into "thanking the Lard":

...so either you put up with attempts to have the shit shoved down your throat or you don't.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-02-2014, 12:32 PM
(18-02-2014 12:27 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  If you were living in certain places there would be no avoiding religious shit being shoved down your-and-your-childrens' throats. All you would need do is turn on your television to watch the "news" and you would get a heapin' helpin' of religious indoctrination.

Come to think of it, as I write this I am reminded of the news clip in which Wolf Blitzer attempts to push a tornado survivor he didn't know was an atheist into "thanking the Lard":

...so either you put up with attempts to have the shit shoved down your throat or you don't.

I like that she calmly stated "I'm actually an atheist" and just pretty much left it........

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
18-02-2014, 12:54 PM
I don't mind people who go after the religious *too* much...

But I spent my youth wishing to fuck that they'd leave me the fuck alone... I kinda got an ingrained... horror of pushy people from that... so I can't really do that stuff myself...

'Course if *they* start with the pushy shit then I reckon they deserve a lil' love tap...

And people like Dawkins et al are doing a public service IMO. Someone should give that man a medal. I suppose they probably already have...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.