Am really getting sick of theists hurting me.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Am really getting sick of theists hurting me.
(18-02-2015 08:55 AM)Anti Wrote:  "Why can I, a non believer, be okay with their belief, but they cannot be ok with ours?"

Obviously you are not okay with their belief when you say..."I, a non believer"

0/10 for reading comprehension

1/10 for disingenuous assertion

10/10 for forum fail

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
18-02-2015, 10:13 AM
(18-02-2015 10:04 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  She's a responsible adult (except maybe on blood transfusions).

what does that mean?
18-02-2015, 10:15 AM
(18-02-2015 10:13 AM)Anti Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 10:04 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  She's a responsible adult (except maybe on blood transfusions).

what does that mean?

It means JW's believe in vampires. Duh.
18-02-2015, 10:25 AM
(18-02-2015 10:13 AM)Anti Wrote:  

what does that mean?

The JW believe that blood transfusion is forbidden for them by Biblical passages such as: "Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat" (Genesis 9:3-4); "[You must] pour its blood out and cover it with dust" (Leviticus 17:13-14); and "Abstain from… fornication and from what is strangled and from blood" (Acts 15:19-21).

I say F em, let them die then.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
18-02-2015, 10:48 AM
(18-02-2015 10:25 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 10:13 AM)Anti Wrote:  what does that mean?

The JW believe that blood transfusion is forbidden for them by Biblical passages such as: "Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat" (Genesis 9:3-4); "[You must] pour its blood out and cover it with dust" (Leviticus 17:13-14); and "Abstain from… fornication and from what is strangled and from blood" (Acts 15:19-21).

If adult JWs make this decision for themselves...OK. But they also make it for their kids.

And some JW kids grow up to be non-JWs, like several of my nephews and nieces.
18-02-2015, 10:53 AM
(18-02-2015 10:48 AM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 10:25 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  The JW believe that blood transfusion is forbidden for them by Biblical passages such as: "Only flesh with its soul—its blood—you must not eat" (Genesis 9:3-4); "[You must] pour its blood out and cover it with dust" (Leviticus 17:13-14); and "Abstain from… fornication and from what is strangled and from blood" (Acts 15:19-21).

If adult JWs make this decision for themselves...OK. But they also make it for their kids.

And some JW kids grow up to be non-JWs, like several of my nephews and nieces.

yup, which is why I think it is child abuse/neglect and even murder if they refuse life saving medical intervention for their children because it's god's will. Makes me sick. I remember when I was a child, about 9yo I think, and I had double pneumonia...so my mom gathered her group of southern baptist ministers and they group prayed around me.....to no surprise my condition worsened, I was starting to change colors from lack of oxygen and wasn't responsive, and she finally got a fucking clue and took me to the emergency room...and she was a southern baptist, my father at the time was a southern baptist minister, their faith almost killed me...thankfully they were not JW and I didn't need like a blood transfusion. You can have whatever wacked out belief you want, but don't abuse your kids because of it.

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
18-02-2015, 11:27 AM
(18-02-2015 09:11 AM)Anti Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 09:02 AM)unfogged Wrote:  How do you survive with such poor reading comprehension?

What do you mean?

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
18-02-2015, 11:31 AM
(18-02-2015 11:27 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 09:11 AM)Anti Wrote:  What do you mean?

Facepalm

Come on, that's not fair.

FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmBig Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
18-02-2015, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2015 11:46 AM by Drunkin Druid.)
Had something to say but I canged my mind...
18-02-2015, 12:30 PM
It just goes to show you that they didn't really care about you at all. Not one good time you had together was true. It was all a fake. They didn't like you, care about you or even want to be with you because they just wanted be around people who are in the same religion club they are.

It is the same way with millions of them. As long as you are giving the same church as they are your money and sitting your ass in that building, or at the very least reading the same book as them. They will make claims of love, and community or whatever. The moment you step away from that, they show their true colors and turn on you in an instant. Be you family, friend, or neighbor.

They are many of the most morally desolate people I know of.

Now you can go out and find REAL friends, find real people who care about YOU and not about what you believe.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post