Amanda Todd?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Amanda Todd?
I know this is a really sticky subject, but everyone in my school is raving about this Amanda Todd thing. It seems that the girl wasn't a very savory character, showing her body to old men on the internet at the ripe old age of 15, as well as other sorts of fuckery. She ended up killing herself, and now everyone is glamorizing it. By no means am I saying that I'm happy she's dead, but I'm not sure how I feel about all this attention.

"If God is real, he better have a good excuse." - Woody Allen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2012, 01:11 PM
RE: Amanda Todd?
Well bullying her into a corner wasn't exactly the answer to helping her no matter what her choices were and who agreed with them. That is a tragedy.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
16-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Story and info here.

Seems to me she was bullied into suicide. Sure, it was a dumb decision, but hardly a rare thing to do. In fact, girls getting naked on the Internet happens like... all the time.

It was a tough situation, and I'm on the fence about cyber-bullying. I'm a huge advocate of free speech, but I see things like this and sometimes wonder if some form of censorship is needed in certain situations.

Poor kid.

On a side note, I'm going to be crazy over protective of the Internet when my kids get older.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
16-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Sad Goddamn it. Poor kid.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-10-2012, 01:38 PM
She was bullied to the point where she killed herself by drinking bleach. The people that say she deserved it have something seriously wrong with them.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
16-10-2012, 02:07 PM
I generally agree with TAA on all opinions.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
16-10-2012, 02:10 PM
She was 12 when the guy took the photo of her over the internet. Not only did he obviously groom her to do this, but he also blackmailed her if she didnt "put on a show"

He is a peadophile and should be arrested.

Kids laughing at her death... its fucked up but I have a slight tolerance to it because they are young and dont fully appreciate what they are saying.

Adults laughing at her death.... well its easy when your over the internet but I pity them because Im guessing that 99% of them wouldnt say it in person to a public audience.

The really really sad thing is I imagine there are possibly hundreds of thousands of children and adults who are going through the very same thing right now as you read my post........ Sad

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-10-2012, 02:16 PM
My kids will not have a computer in their room.

Our computer will be a family computer in a family room. I will have access to all email/FB/Twitter/game/etc accounts. If I find out that they have an account that is being hidden from me, they will lose all unsupervised Internet access until they move out.

Luckily, I'm computer savvy. They will have a log-in that can be monitored by me. I might even install a keylogger.

While this may be extreme, I think it's necessary to protect my children from cyber abuse.

[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
16-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I read some blurb earlier today that Anonymous tracked down the dude who is apparently 30ish and they gave his info to the police.
It's nice to see Anonymous doing something helpful.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
16-10-2012, 02:26 PM
(16-10-2012 02:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I read some blurb earlier today that Anonymous tracked down the dude who is apparently 30ish and they gave his info to the police.
It's nice to see Anonymous doing something helpful.

Yep.

I saw that too.