Amanda Todd?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: Amanda Todd?
(16-10-2012 02:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My kids will not have a computer in their room.

Our computer will be a family computer in a family room. I will have access to all email/FB/Twitter/game/etc accounts. If I find out that they have an account that is being hidden from me, they will lose all unsupervised Internet access until they move out.

Luckily, I'm computer savvy. They will have a log-in that can be monitored by me. I might even install a keylogger.

While this may be extreme, I think it's necessary to protect my children from cyber abuse.

I understand why you would do this KC and I have no arguements with you. If I may say something though....... If you do go ahead with the keyloggers etc etc I think you should make your children aware of this. If you kept it secret I would not like to see you confront them over something you discover and them loose your trust, if they may feel they have been spied upon without prior knowledge.

If you catch my drift???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Really, the attention is going both ways. It is really sad to see how angry people are at Todd's grievers. I saw a facebook page yesterday about how happy they were that she was dead.

"If God is real, he better have a good excuse." - Woody Allen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2012, 02:38 PM
(16-10-2012 02:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  My kids will not have a computer in their room.

Our computer will be a family computer in a family room. I will have access to all email/FB/Twitter/game/etc accounts. If I find out that they have an account that is being hidden from me, they will lose all unsupervised Internet access until they move out.

Luckily, I'm computer savvy. They will have a log-in that can be monitored by me. I might even install a keylogger.

While this may be extreme, I think it's necessary to protect my children from cyber abuse.

This in addition to education and information for the kids. Kids can't live in comfy bubbles anymore. They will go to their friends house where that bubble has popped long ago. They need conversation and open communication with personal, positive and supportive relationships. They need to know where to get help when they need it. Amanda got herself into a pickle and didn't see an alternative way out.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
16-10-2012, 02:40 PM
(16-10-2012 02:32 PM)Wolfmurder Wrote:  Really, the attention is going both ways. It is really sad to see how angry people are at Todd's grievers. I saw a facebook page yesterday about how happy they were that she was dead.

The page that stated that they are happy that she is dead tells you more than enough about that person or group, none of it is good.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
16-10-2012, 02:41 PM
(16-10-2012 02:32 PM)Wolfmurder Wrote:  Really, the attention is going both ways. It is really sad to see how angry people are at Todd's grievers. I saw a facebook page yesterday about how happy they were that she was dead.

This shows a pretty sad state of affairs for humanity. No

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-10-2012, 02:43 PM
(16-10-2012 02:29 PM)bemore Wrote:  

I understand why you would do this KC and I have no arguements with you. If I may say something though....... If you do go ahead with the keyloggers etc etc I think you should make your children aware of this. If you kept it secret I would not like to see you confront them over something you discover and them loose your trust, if they may feel they have been spied upon without prior knowledge.

If you catch my drift???

Oh no. They would be fully aware of all my precautions. That way, if they did try to get around it, there would be no excuse.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
16-10-2012, 02:44 PM
(16-10-2012 02:07 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I generally agree with TAA on all opinions.

Do you think it has to be a large change to be a 'difference' or are small changes helpful? Do you think awareness is a first step or is it 'do-gooder' response?
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-10-2012, 02:48 PM
(16-10-2012 02:07 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I generally agree with TAA on all opinions.

The only problem with his argument is that she herself was not an American student in an American school...so she doesn't really illustrate the issues with the American School System but the Canadian one. Just saying.

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes NeonMoment's post
16-10-2012, 02:53 PM
(16-10-2012 02:48 PM)NeonMoment Wrote:  

The only problem with his argument is that she herself was not an American student in an American school...so she doesn't really illustrate the issues with the American School System but the Canadian one. Just saying.

TAA has a definite bias, I tend to disagree with him more than I agree in general. He also glossed over the fact that teachers can't control their classrooms because if you look at a kid crosseyed the teacher and the district get sued.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-10-2012, 03:03 PM
So much to explain...

The story goes, she slept with some girls boyfriend and revenge was sought.

The evidence points to blogtv. Which she used to broadcast her own naked body to the public. Which was then recorded and used against her.

The real failure here is the fact that the internet is a public place. She should've been taught that idea.

I don't support "bullying" but at some point you have to get it into your kids heads that if you wouldn't do it in a public place then you shouldn't do it on the internet.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp