Amanda Todd?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: Amanda Todd?
Of course it's a tragedy, I don't understand how it could be viewed any other way. If there a lot of people of on the other side of this, I do not get it.

To KC, I would like to think I would parent differently, but I am a advocate of strong parental rights, and I understand that you are doing what you think is in the best interest of your children, which I have a deep respect for. I do have a question though, how would you feel about your children going to TTA and rejecting your god when they are older?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2012, 09:32 AM
(17-10-2012 09:59 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I do have a question though, how would you feel about your children going to TTA and rejecting your god when they are older?

Not to get too off topic, but this has been asked to me many times.

If my children were not elect, I would be horribly grieved, but I ultimately know there isn't anything I could do. I could only enjoy the time I have with them and love them unconditionally.

I'm still a father.

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
18-10-2012, 10:05 AM
King I would highly suggest that while making it obvious you monitor them you not get in the way that much. If they have questions about things like sexuality and seek answers on the internet it's not something to heavily punish. For some people their views seem so alien to their family that going somewhere else is best. For me there were answers I only started to get when the internet became available. Keep them from doing things that are seriously stupid, but just like in anything else they are trying to learn. If you feel they are finding the wrong resources then try and help them find better ones. No matter what the question may be if you don't have an adequate answer to it then I suggest you let them or help them find someone who does. There are no stupid questons. The stupid part comes from the wrong answers.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
18-10-2012, 10:17 AM
(18-10-2012 10:05 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  King I would highly suggest that while making it obvious you monitor them you not get in the way that much. If they have questions about things like sexuality and seek answers on the internet it's not something to heavily punish. For some people their views seem so alien to their family that going somewhere else is best. For me there were answers I only started to get when the internet became available. Keep them from doing things that are seriously stupid, but just like in anything else they are trying to learn. If you feel they are finding the wrong resources then try and help them find better ones. No matter what the question may be if you don't have an adequate answer to it then I suggest you let them or help them find someone who does. There are no stupid questons. The stupid part comes from the wrong answers.

....and this is EXACTLY the kind of monitoring/supervision that I endorse.

Well said Lil.

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
18-10-2012, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 11:23 PM by Julius.)
Is Amanda really more important that Kyle Clayton?

I'd like to know!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)