Amateur Scientist argues The Earth is more massive than The Sun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Exclamation Amateur Scientist argues The Earth is more massive than The Sun
Greetings Strangers,

I was looking for videos on Newtonian gravity on YouTube and came across this video. It took me six seconds to figure out why it is wrong, but I still watched the whole thing (approx 15min).

I can see how a video like this could mislead people who are not trained in science. The guy shows his work and reasoning all they way through. If you follow and ignore the errors then you could probably be fooled into agreeing with him. I want to know what you think.

Helius
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2012, 11:28 AM
RE: Amateur Scientist argues The Earth is more massive than The Sun
What's the name of the vid? I can't see it on this comp.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-04-2012, 11:31 AM
(10-04-2012 11:28 AM)germanyt Wrote:  What's the name of the vid? I can't see it on this comp.

Newtonian gravitation & tides show Earth more massive than Sun? Heliocentrism v. geocentrism debate

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-04-2012, 11:52 AM
oh fuck!! now we're going to have to argue with theist about heliocentric model also? I had enough with the creationist nonsense!! this is getting out of control!!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I got tired of hearing him over explain a basic math problem so I turned it off.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
10-04-2012, 01:05 PM
These guys are two a penny Tongue

Ye may tell a crappy pseudoscience vendor by his chosen audience, for verily he stays the fuck away from anyone who could debunk him. That's why these prats make videos instead of e.g. getting hold of an academic and seeing what he thinks.
10-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah, the video is just full of errors. What is the most laughable is that he constantly repeats how basic the math is and yet he himself fails to understand how it works. It's like a 15 minute advertisement for his own incompetence.
10-04-2012, 01:18 PM
(10-04-2012 01:13 PM)Superluminal Wrote:  Yeah, the video is just full of errors. What is the most laughable is that he constantly repeats how basic the math is and yet he himself fails to understand how it works. It's like a 15 minute advertisement for his own incompetence.
It's not like you even need the math. We have people. In space. They live there. I'm pretty sure they'd be ready to tell us if they thought the Sun was a whole lot smaller than anyone with modern common sense thinks. Of course, I WISH the Sun was less massive. The smaller the star, the longer the lifespan. It simply isn't the case, though.
10-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh my, this guy is completely confused. I haven't even studied astrophysics in school and can figure out he's full of shit.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user