Amazing How a Point of View Can Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Amazing How a Point of View Can Change
Back when I first watched Battlestar Galactica, which is a great show if you haven't seen it, I was a Christian. Baltar's rant about religion in Season 1 Episode 9 annoyed me back then. I found it to be blasphemous and it made every nerve tingle. Now, when I just rewatched that episode, I sided with him. Everything he said made perfect sense and I agreed with it.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Science Believer's post
09-03-2012, 12:02 AM
RE: Amazing How a Point of View Can Change
When you accept "what is" as opposed to accepting only "that which matches your beliefs," you become much more tolerant and open to outside information. This gives you the ability to analyse "all data" as opposed to "only the data you want" to analyse. It enables you to see both sides of the story and come to much more informed decisions.

Much more empowering.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
I've had that experience with just about everything Bill Maher says. As a Christian I couldn't hate him, of course, but I sure didn't care for the fucker. Now...I still don't like the attitude that much, but he's right on about being an atheist!

And I loved Baltar's rant, but then by the time I finally watched BSG, I was already becoming an agnostic.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-03-2012, 03:45 AM
(09-03-2012 12:07 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  As a Christian I couldn't hate him, of course [...]

What the hell kind of Christian were you?? Clearly not trying hard enough.
[+] 3 users Like rook2004's post