Amazing animals/nature.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Amazing animals/nature.
I like the sound of purring cats........I find the sound quite relaxing.

Its only recently that I actually thought to see how they do this and I was surpised to see that they sort of knew but were not 100%

Its also interesting that the frequency of the purrs range between 25 and 150 Hertz. Which according to study potentially has a healing effect Confused

Cats purr for different occasions.....when there happy....angry....injured or dying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purr

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...-cats-purr

Any other bits of amazing wildlife or nature that amazes you that people wanna share.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-02-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: Amazing animals/nature.
Jellyfish

[Image: jellyfishsparkle.jpg]

They amaze me. They are so primitive. They don't have many of the body systems we have- digestive, respiratory, etc. They are silent. They are largely undiscovered and their mystery fascinates me. They will take over the planet someday with all their little polyps. Seriously, because one species, Turritopsis dohrnii as T. nutricula, "may be effectively immortal because of its ability to transform between medusa and polyp, thereby escaping death".

Whenever I watch them in the tanks at an aquarium my blood pressure goes down, I swear. Watching them move is so relaxing, I inhale and exhale to their rhythm, and it is a perfect one. I want one in my living room in a tank, like in the movie 7 pounds.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-02-2012, 12:41 AM
(15-02-2012 06:05 AM)bemore Wrote:  I like the sound of purring cats........I find the sound quite relaxing.

Its only recently that I actually thought to see how they do this and I was surpised to see that they sort of knew but were not 100%

Its also interesting that the frequency of the purrs range between 25 and 150 Hertz. Which according to study potentially has a healing effect Confused

Cats purr for different occasions.....when there happy....angry....injured or dying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purr

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...-cats-purr

Any other bits of amazing wildlife or nature that amazes you that people wanna share.

Thanks Bemore, my wife, a desperate cataholic, loved it.Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
16-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Music to my ears.... whada bewdiful pudditat!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
16-02-2012, 08:27 AM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 09:07 AM by bemore.)
Due to light pollution in general in the UK there are only a few places where you can begin to see the stars.........and even then its not amazing.

Id love to be able to see the stars like this on a night time.

This owl is crazy Confused

It puffs up when confronted with a threat similar in size to itself but then when confronted with a larger threat it turns into "EVIL OWL"

Also how are sloths not extinct???

Sloths are the potheads of the animal kingdom......give them state benefits and they will slot nicely into our society Big Grin

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I always thought Chameleons were really neat due to their color changing abilities to match any environment they are in.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Kaiden_2012's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Computers are amazing Leela 23 1,920 12-06-2014 04:04 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  KC transforms members into prehistoric animals. kingschosen 164 3,097 01-04-2014 05:07 PM
Last Post: nach_in
  P/F makes you all animals that aren't human Metazoa Zeke 41 809 01-04-2014 04:40 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  The Amazing Atheist... DerekS 76 2,089 29-07-2013 09:08 AM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude
  An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi Vosur 12 742 14-02-2013 03:08 PM
Last Post: Vosur