07-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Amazing fan animation.
Animation: Flawless
Singer: Perfection
Execution: Near Perfection
Story: Not fucking long enough
Music: Same as above

Also, check out Lullaby for a Princess.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
07-02-2017, 10:12 PM
RE: Amazing fan animation.
Sorry but nothing will beat Dead Fantasy.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-02-2017, 10:24 PM
(07-02-2017 10:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry but nothing will beat Dead Fantasy.

No songs?, no story? just fighting? That is no fun. Screw attack does those kinds of videos all the time. That animation bit took two years to make. That took a couple weeks tops.

07-02-2017, 10:34 PM
(07-02-2017 10:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Animation: Flawless

Do you have to be able to draw to do this? Or can I just say make me my little pony and a drawing package makes me my little pony?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
07-02-2017, 10:38 PM
(07-02-2017 10:24 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 10:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry but nothing will beat Dead Fantasy.

No songs?, no story? just fighting? That is no fun. Screw attack does those kinds of videos all the time. That animation bit took two years to make. That took a couple weeks tops.

Yeah now, DF was started in 2007 by Monty Oum who would go on to make RWBY a successful American Anime that was dubbed in Japanese. Advance in technology now makes it easier to make better quality animations but you have to understand for the time it was made in it was a big deal.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-02-2017, 11:56 PM
(07-02-2017 10:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 10:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Animation: Flawless

Do you have to be able to draw to do this? Or can I just say make me my little pony and a drawing package makes me my little pony?

The difference between a drawing package, and hand drawn, or computer animation is plain as day regardless of how expensive or advanced a program could ever possibly be. Otherwise, animators would be out of a job, so wouldn't Disney, and this quite clearly near or at Disney level animation ( You know, before they shtu down their animation departments, and Pixar and dream works started doing 100% of their work for them).

A good example of this is the Team Fortress 2 fan generation stuff. Also, computer programs have set built in graphics engines. This is clearly not an engine like Unreal Tournament, Team fortress 2 or anything else. Otherwise, you would see this same animation style, colors and shading style everywhere else being done in other fan made projects. Another one, Lullaby for a Princess took two and a half years to make. Finally, there is no such thing as a program where you can just "tell it" to make anything and it makes it for you. Some, can have pre built models in it, but you either have to be completely ignorant of the limitations of such programs, or stupid to think they could ever create anything this fluid or well designed. These animations are almost entirely hand drawn. The effects and lighting are done with computer, but the characters and movement are by hand.

@Jdog - Ok,I get it.