Amazing in Texas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Amazing in Texas
As most freethinking atheists probably know, our erstwhile governor asked for divine intervention into our drought problem extending into our fire problem. Hmmmm? He spoke and prayed at what he called "The Response"...however, it was never clear what he was supposedly responding to. Anyhoo, this past weekend, we were thrilled to have the 4th annual Texas Freethought Convention in Houston. I don't know the exact number, but I would say at various times it was over 750, and folks were from all over the world, literally. However, what was amazing was our noted guest list which read like a Who's Who in the "out" atheism community. Indeed, we were lucky enough to witness Richard Dawkins give Christopher Hitchens this year's Richard Dawkins Foundation award. You should check out the link to Texas Freethought Convention on fb if you want to see the rest of the guest list. The cool thing...it rained like crazy on Sunday as our convention wrapped up from just an incredible weekend. Just what the governor ordered!!!! Idea

Faith is believing what you know ain't so ~ Mark Twain Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
RE: Amazing in Texas
(11-10-2011 11:28 PM)Dangerous Thinker Wrote:  The cool thing...it rained like crazy on Sunday as our convention wrapped up from just an incredible weekend.

Fundie prayers met with reproach. Atheist desires answered.

Now we know who god REALLY likes!

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
12-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Well, good for you! And many happy returns.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
13-10-2011, 04:47 PM
(12-10-2011 11:37 AM)defacto7 Wrote:  Now we know who god REALLY likes!

Well, given that every where in the US that is not Texas just about drowned during record rainfalls in August and September, it's a sure bet he does not like Rick Perry.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
17-10-2011, 03:58 PM
"Now we know who god REALLY likes!"
Skeptics heaven?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire