28-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Amazing philosophical quote
Skepticism is my nature,
Free thought is my methodology,
Agnosticism is my conclusion,
Atheism is my opinion,
And humanitarianism is my motivation.

-Jerry DeWITT

I absolutely love this quote and I think it embodies the philosophical thoughts of some, if not most atheists. What do you guys think?

Respect is for those who deserve it,
Not for those who demand it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Crazysaxer's post
29-03-2016, 12:38 AM
RE: Amazing philosophical quote
Nothing to be crazy about. If you want something short and to the point look at Nietzsche:

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.

If you want to know something about human nature look at Solzhenitsyn:

Ideology—that is what gives evildoing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination. That is the social theory which helps to make his acts seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes, so that he won't hear reproaches and curses but will receive praise and honors. That was how the agents of the Inquisition fortified their wills: by invoking Christianity; the conquerors of foreign lands, by extolling the grandeur of their Motherland; the colonizers, by civilization; the Nazis, by race; and the Jacobins (early and late), by equality, brotherhood, and the happiness of future generations.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post