Amazon Discussions Refugees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2017, 03:33 PM
Amazon Discussions Refugees
I guess Amazon Discussions is shutting down on October 6th. TTA seems to cover all of the favorite forum topics that Amazon did, so I came over here. I have suggested to some other Amazon folks that they should come here. I don't know if they will or not.

I am religious. But I am not the proselytizing sort. I mostly try to discuss common ground with atheists on politics, global warming, current events and such. I admit that I sometimes become a bit confrontational with anti-religious types who are not interested in establishing any common ground, and simply want to ridicule me for being religious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Yonadav Kenyon's post
02-10-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: Amazon Discussions Refugees
(02-10-2017 03:33 PM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  I guess Amazon Discussions is shutting down on October 6th. TTA seems to cover all of the favorite forum topics that Amazon did, so I came over here. I have suggested to some other Amazon folks that they should come here. I don't know if they will or not.

I am religious. But I am not the proselytizing sort. I mostly try to discuss common ground with atheists on politics, global warming, current events and such. I admit that I sometimes become a bit confrontational with anti-religious types who are not interested in establishing any common ground, and simply want to ridicule me for being religious.

There are several religious people here with good standing. There are also some who got chased off. It all depends on you - if you engage in conversations on a variety of topics and don't try to convert or tell atheists what they think, you'll be just fine.

There are quite a few Amazonians here already...

We all like productive conversations. So, pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
02-10-2017, 03:48 PM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-10-2017, 03:51 PM
Hi. ... Do you know Jesus? ... Do you want to? ...

#sigh
02-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Howdy.

02-10-2017, 06:27 PM
Welcome!
02-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Welcome

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Welcome Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
03-10-2017, 01:59 PM
(02-10-2017 03:33 PM)Yonadav Kenyon Wrote:  I guess Amazon Discussions is shutting down on October 6th. TTA seems to cover all of the favorite forum topics that Amazon did, so I came over here. I have suggested to some other Amazon folks that they should come here. I don't know if they will or not.

Did Amazon finally actually announce the shutdown? Seems like they've been slowly dismantling forum features for months now, but they've always been reluctant to shit or get off the pot -- about a lot of things.

About 30 of us migrated here from Amazon back in February, and a couple more have been trickling in since.
Much higher class place; you'll like it here.
Here's a link to a kind of on-going Amazonian news thread I started a while back, as a place for refugees to touch base -- TTA is a BIG forum:

Amazonians Swim With Piranha

Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
03-10-2017, 02:23 PM
(03-10-2017 01:59 PM)Dr H Wrote:  

Did Amazon finally actually announce the shutdown? Seems like they've been slowly dismantling forum features for months now, but they've always been reluctant to shit or get off the pot -- about a lot of things.

About 30 of us migrated here from Amazon back in February, and a couple more have been trickling in since.
Much higher class place; you'll like it here.
Here's a link to a kind of on-going Amazonian news thread I started a while back, as a place for refugees to touch base -- TTA is a BIG forum:

Amazonians Swim With Piranha

Welcome to TTA. Smile

I didn't see the announcement. But several posters said that a box announcing that Amazon Discussions would be closed on Oct. 6 appeared on their pages for awhile. I never saw it, but several people posted that they saw it. We will see what happens. The place is basically a ghost town anyway. I really enjoyed it in its heyday, before Amazon started deleting posts and banning discussants.
[+] 1 user Likes Yonadav Kenyon's post